GDT: XXXVI | "Boxing Day Bonus" | Battle of Alberta | 12.27.22 | Saddledome | 7:00 PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Why it’s almost like a nepotistic org doesn’t know how to properly operate. The goaltending hasn’t been a strength of this team since Talbot and even he crashed after a year of Schwartzing.

Im not convinced goaltender coach even matters. When you play behind the D and and defensive system here you will struggle.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Why it’s almost like a nepotistic org doesn’t know how to properly operate. The goaltending hasn’t been a strength of this team since Talbot and even he crashed after a year of Schwartzing.
Lots of systemic issues which I've outlined. Fix them and maybe the positional coach work becomes clearer to assess. Working long-term with two young goaltenders who have grown into NHL tenders is a clear, tangible result.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers getting spanked on the first game post Christmas is a Holiday tradition. They are something like 2-8 in there last 10 games right after Christmas. The paddlin' often comes at the hands of the Flames.

The games don't get any bigger than this at this time of the year. Win and you're back in a playoff spot and can chalk being bumped out as a little blip. But lose and all of a sudden you start falling behind in the race.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Oilers getting spanked on the first game post Christmas is a Holiday tradition. They are something like 2-8 in there last 10 games right after Christmas. The paddlin' often comes at the hands of the Flames.

The games don't get any bigger than this at this time of the year. Win and you're back in a playoff spot and can chalk being bumped out as a little blip. But lose and all of a sudden you start falling behind in the race.
1672179739947.jpeg

Reactions: Biltmore

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Im not convinced goaltender coach even matters. When you play behind the D and and defensive system here you will struggle.
If he doesn’t matter then take him off the staff.

Lots of systemic issues which I've outlined. Fix them and maybe the positional coach work becomes clearer to assess. Working long-term with two young goaltenders who have grown into NHL tenders is a clear, tangible result.
Systematic issues that have been here since Moses was a baby. The Oilers haven’t cared about defense in a very long time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Holy crap I just checked the record. I went one further seeing what the Oilers are like after Xmas-NYE since 2015 Its not pretty. Collective record of 2W 10L 5OTL

This team has basically been cooking Turkeys constantly in the McDrai era post Xmas time frame. That is a disgusting degree of don't give a shit displayed in those games. A very clear pattern, confirmed. The Oilers obtained 9pts in those 17GP and mostly due to loser pts. Their opponents collected a whopping total of 30pts in those games. The most possible of course being 34. At least the two measly wins were regulation time.

Surprised it was so bad. I doubt any team is worse post Xmas-NYE

Last edited:

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I want a gift receipt in case I want to return this game because I’m unsatisfied with the result.
No exchanges or returns until we are out of the playoffs.
"Can't teach an old dog new tricks"

Not crazy about Schwartz but I think the narrative around him is a bit overblown, particularly seeing how good Skinner is who has developed under his tutelage since a young age.
I don't think it's Swartz but it's easy to point fingers. I think its our Defensemen over the years and the teams defensive structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad