GDT: XXXIV | "Tipping Point" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 3.30.13 | 8:00PM | HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I loved the way the Oilers played that 2nd period. They didn't go into a shell and they kept the pressure on.

That was honestly one of the best periods of hockey I've seen from them even though they didn't score. They had plenty of chances and played hard with and without the puck.

Dubnyk is having a very solid night as well. Not a whole lot of tough shots on him but he's made a few solid saves to keep it scoreless.

Yakupov looks a lot like a dumb rookie out there at times. :) Hopefully he busts out and pots a goal to break his scoring slump soon.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Love the canucks radio feed today--they just refuse to give ANY credit to the Oilers

When they post the pod casts of the pregame show you guys should listen--game did not go the way they wanted to--to say the least

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Yak reminds me of a young Kadri with even better shooting ability and better speed. Shows flashes of skill but not the wherewithal to use it yet. In another year or 2 he could be a guy to carry a 2nd line by himself
Have you not heardm Gregor says you cant have four star forwards on your team..I mean Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Iginla are good players but definitely not stars...and Dupuis is a 4th liner at best as well..Get rid of Yak and Eberle we need more soda cans and pilons!

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Love the canucks radio feed today--they just refuse to give ANY credit to the Oilers

When they post the pod casts of the pregame show you guys should listen--game did not go the way they wanted to--to say the least

They don't know how to give others credit. Especially when it comes to hockey.

I don't blame them, as they JUST started watching hockey 5 years ago. They'll be gone soon, with maybe a riot in between, but they'll be gone.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
I loved the way the Oilers played that 2nd period. They didn't go into a shell and they kept the pressure on.

That was honestly one of the best periods of hockey I've seen from them even though they didn't score. They had plenty of chances and played hard with and without the puck.

Dubnyk is having a very solid night as well. Not a whole lot of tough shots on him but he's made a few solid saves to keep it scoreless.

Yakupov looks a lot like a dumb rookie out there at times. :) Hopefully he busts out and pots a goal to break his scoring slump soon.

Better watch out its going to be the 3rd period. :sarcasm:

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010

That was honestly one of the best periods of hockey I've seen from them even though they didn't score. They had plenty of chances and played hard with and without the .

Two posts in that period..could very easilt be 6-0..plus whitneys miss and Yakupovs just about one timer, or Petrell and Eberles breakaways..Canucks played no better that period..oilers just didnt finish as well, they got great chances though..

I think Oilers score another three tonight..

Sadly, Im still gonna wear a bag in my avatar.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Petry leading all Oilers in ice-time so far with 15:50. Smid close behind at 15:23. Next closest is Horcoff with a more than 2 minute difference (just over 13 minutes). This is what our top D pairing should look like. Let's see if they can keep it up.

Edit: Ryan Whitney 4th in minutes: 12:26 :amazed:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Have you not heardm Gregor says you cant have four star forwards on your team..I mean Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Iginla are good players but definitely not stars...and Dupuis is a 4th liner at best as well..Get rid of Yak and Eberle we need more soda cans and pilons!

well duh! gregor is 100% right, we need to trade yakupov for whatever we can get for him... clearly we can't have 4 good forwards on the team at the same time, jeez, everybody knows this :shakehead

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If they pull this out in this fashion, maybe they should get boo'd off the ice again? You know, keep them on their toes.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I wish I was at the game tonight.

I was at the game Hall had his first hat trick but I refused to throw my hat because it was a WC Champions hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad