Tom Sestito - Max Lapierre - Andrew Gordon

Alex Edler - Kevin Bieksa
Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison
Andrew Albert - Chris Tanev

Cory Schneider
Roberto Luongo
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Projected Lineups. Don't imagine we'll see any changes from last game besides Dubnyk starting and maybe some defense pairing changes. I wouldn't mind if Peckham lined up in Petrell's spot for this game. EDIT: On second thought, we need to play our game and not bend to other teams.

- Been a while since we've seen Vancouver and those are some names I haven't seen. Pinizzotto and Gordon? Had to look up those first names. We're a deeper team IMO but playing Vancouver is never a cake walk.

- We need a big big big win to move within 1 point of 8th. Oilers need to carry over their strong play, control the puck, and need a solid goaltending performance.
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Knowing us, Pinizzotto and Gordon will have multi-point games

I think RNH will have a good game here. He has been playing well lately.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I'm hoping for a great run 'n gun hockey game. I was watching the last game and Jackets vs. Calgary last night. Maybe not the greatest defensive games, but entertaining as hell. I'm missing that these days. Hockey would unquestionably be the greatest sport there ever was if we could have these types of games be the norm.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Stay out of the box and play a full 60 minutes please Oilers.

Canucks just don't look all that dangerous outside of their top line.

Of course, Ralph won't use last change advantage and we'll probably see Petrell-Smyth-Brown out there against the Sedins.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Make it or break it game, a win here will put us back in the thick of it.

GO OILERS GO!

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
@EdmontonOilers
"It's pretty simple. Tonight is a must-win for us if we want to make the playoffs." - Ryan Whitney on the @hockeynight battle

We'll see how much they buy into this by the urgency they have in their game tonight.

OilerNut*

Hopefully a better result, but we need to show some toughness.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
We need to win this, not for the points, but to avoid having to hear the dbag Nuck fans in the crowd and on the train. The LRT is just BRUTAL before and after games against the Nucks.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Stay out of the box and play a full 60 minutes please Oilers.

Canucks just don't look all that dangerous outside of their top line.

Of course, Ralph won't use last change advantage and we'll probably see Petrell-Smyth-Brown out there against the Sedins.

I thought the game was in Rogers tonight? (sorry Groucho, I see that it is at Rexall after all)

Anyways, I sure hope the Oil put in 60 full minutes. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what Mike Brown will bring tonight. Maybe Lapierre will get a most unwelcome reception during the game tonight!

Should be an entertaining hockey game nonetheless.

EDIT: Just saw that the game is at Rexall tonight. Made necissisary correction to my original post.

Go Oilers!

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Can't see the Oilers winning 3 in a row for the first time this year with a win vs the Nucks.

Khabbi stole one vs the Blues when they generally played crappy with an inferior overall effort then had a better overall team effort versus the Jackets and showed resilience in coming back all game to finally win it late.

Basically they've had a poor effort followed by a decent effort... now I think they'll follow that up with another subpar effort... consistency in being inconsistent.

Just when they give us hope they are crawling ever closer to a playoff spot they'll lose and kick themselves in the nuts again.

4-2 Canucks

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't know about that, Nuck fans are notorious for being awful.

When Trevor Linden is the face of your long sufffering franchise, and all the PTSD that must come from that I can kind of understand.

From the word go, before the puck was ever dropped, before a game was ever had, the Vancouver Canucks lost a battle with the Buffalo Sabres. Kind of signified or foretold how the franchise would go..

That and a collection of horrible jerseys that Tiger Williams modeled. Theres only so much horror in life that people can stand.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
we need a win. we'll see if this team is all talk tonight.

OT: has anyone seen yakupovs twitter picture?? its mike brown fighting. :squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad