OT: XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I'd love nothing more than to see the American's run Rask out of the net. These NBC guys have a hard on to trash Lehtonen.

Let me guess. It is somehow his fault that they lost in a game they only scored one goal and he let in two with a good sv%? While Rask have been good he has had his bad moments, like his first game. If Lehtonen played in the east they would be pushing him for the starting job.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
It's getting nauseating at this point. They completely forget that nearly every goal Rask has given up this tournament has been soft.

Glen Healey on CBC just said he thought the Fins would be playing for Gold if Rask was in gold. Hasn't been trashing Lehts, but once again showing how little he knows about the NHL on a whole.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's not just NBC, Glenn Healy making sure everyone knows that if Rask played yesterday then Finland would be playing for gold.

Ridiculous, come back to Dallas so these idiots forget who you even are Kari.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Mad props to Selanne. Watching a living legend who will be one of the greatest HOF's ever. Really great to him leaving on a high note.

US looks like ****.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Did you guys see how happy Kari was when he got his Bronze medal?? It definitely put a smile on my face, he deserves it.

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
Man, mixed feelings. So happy to win the bronze with team that nobody expected to go this far especially after all the injuries we dealt with. Sad to see Selanne, Salo, Timonen go though. These guys have played on national team as far as I've watched hockey, luckily they got to end their national team career with a medal. Also, Kari's smile after he received the medal was heart warming.

Thank you Selanne, Salo and Timonen.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think in general people always want to look for answers where there are none. That's the way it goes with one-game elimination tournaments. America played awesome for pretty much every game, but maybe the schedule caught up with them or maybe they just had an off day. If Canada loses to Sweden, all the Canadians on HF will be talking very much the same way the Americans are today. But if we win, even in a 1-0 nail biter, we will talk for years about how good Hockey Canada operations are etc etc, "remember how we did it in 2014, not picking Giroux, etc" and that one win will somehow justify all the psudeo-hockey science that everyone loves to talk about. That's not saying that American couldnt have done things different or picked better players, but its also sort of a crap shoot. Look at all the great players on both teams who didnt do squat for most of the two week stretch. If Benn doesn't score that goal and if America popped in one of their chances, it would be a totally different story today.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I think in general people always want to look for answers where there are none. That's the way it goes with one-game elimination tournaments. America played awesome for pretty much every game, but maybe the schedule caught up with them or maybe they just had an off day. If Canada loses to Sweden, all the Canadians on HF will be talking very much the same way the Americans are today. But if we win, even in a 1-0 nail biter, we will talk for years about how good Hockey Canada operations are etc etc, "remember how we did it in 2014, not picking Giroux, etc" and that one win will somehow justify all the psudeo-hockey science that everyone loves to talk about. That's not saying that American couldnt have done things different or picked better players, but its also sort of a crap shoot. Look at all the great players on both teams who didnt do squat for most of the two week stretch. If Benn doesn't score that goal and if America popped in one of their chances, it would be a totally different story today.

Bingo

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Well USA was just seemingly on a hot streak. When they had to play tougher opponents they melted. I mean c'mon ZERO even-strength goals against Canada, Russia and Finland... Won't win tourneys playing like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad