Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think Debrusk’s value is still a lot higher than what us Boston fans see on the ice. A change of scenery is probably best for his career at the moment, depending on where.
From what I've seen and read (ie. struggling with lack of connection/family in the States), I think moving him to a Canadian team would be most beneficial for him (specifically Edmonton or Calgary), but not sure if we'd come to an agreement on the return, which may stop that conversation.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Why improve depth this year for what?

If he makes a deal go get Ekholm if even possible or Kempe who’s legit player long term

depth right now makes zero sense to me

2019 yes add depth 2021 no bleepin way

how about Cassidy who said 3-4 days ago Sensyshyn would get legit chance

Senyshyn plays 23 seconds in second period two games ago and scratched last game

Studnicka looks ruined

I’m a fan and maybe a lot of you disagree with me which is fine but my view is the pressure is getting to Cassidy- the young players are not developing

The goalie is banged up the two HOF forwards are 33 and 35 and being run into ground

Screw it

unless a miraculous deal long term ramifications where your getting 23-27 year old players I’m not doing bandaids

Sweeney trades for Helm and Staal we will be hearing about this for years

Stick Senyshyn Bjork Studnicka out there and stop Dicking around

maddening
I remember fans wanting Claude fired in part because he wouldn't play the kids & wasn't getting enough out of them. Turns out most of those kids just weren't that good.

Is it the same thing now? Is a new coach gonna make Senyshyn, Bjork & Studnicka into legit players or is the issue that they just weren't that good to begin with?

Reactions: tremha and LSCII

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think there will always be a GM out there who believes a player can turn things around if introduced to his team/system etc....I think, for all those trades made involving players we like to refer to as needing a "change of scenery", a fraction of them actually excel after the deal is done

I don`t think Debrusk is valued nearly as highly as some here value him to be
I think if Josh Anderson’s value held up than Debrusk’s probably will too.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
From what I've seen and read (ie. struggling with lack of connection/family in the States), I think moving him to a Canadian team would be most beneficial for him (specifically Edmonton or Calgary), but not sure if we'd come to an agreement on the return, which may stop that conversation.
Yeah sending him back to the Oil. That seems more like an offseason move, maybe with Calgary or Vancouver.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

If he makes a deal go get Ekholm if even possible or Kempe who’s legit player long term

Senyshyn plays 23 seconds in second period two games ago and scratched last game

Studnicka looks ruined

I’m a fan and maybe a lot of you disagree with me which is fine but my view is the pressure is getting to Cassidy- the young players are not developing

The goalie is banged up the two HOF forwards are 33 and 35 and being run into ground

Screw it

unless a miraculous deal long term ramifications where your getting 23-27 year old players I’m not doing bandaids

maddening

Love it! First I heard you questioning Cassidy. A few of us voicing the same. He stated publicly giving Zachary more ice-time and you're bang on, the very next game he sits him and now he's removed from the line up. Crazy stuff.

I never watched a more dejected player on the bench. He looked completely bewildered. Anyone would be.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Studnicka looks ruined

Screw it

maddening

I personally think you owe it to Marchand / Bergie / Rask and DK to at least put a more competitive team together. When Boston was a marginal playoff team in past years, it didn't prevent them from adding a few depth players...even if they weren't needle movers.

We have gaps....we're currently in the playoffs...so if it doesnt cost much, IMO, you add.

I agree with you, add a core piece...but if he doesn't and sticks with the current roster, I think it'll be a mess.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Forget
Buffalo
Ottawa
Detroit

Vancouver lol yeh right

Calgary going to do in summer listening to Darryl Sutter

Kings - yes
Ducks - only want Rackall but head injury LTIR um no thanks
Manson - interested

Sharks / nothing realistic

Dallas / not seeing it here like Robertson but they aren’t dealing

Columbus- Foligno yes but a 1 is laughable
Savard nice but not this yr he’s basically Kevin Miller
You really afraid to make a deal with Buffalo and Kevyn Adams? That team will be a mess for years. Send them a first they may be one of the few teams to do worse than Sweeney. If they want Vaakananien it proves he will never be more than a six or seven. Hope they don't like Studnicka and Frederic, means they still have a chance at being good players.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So people think Hall is really toast and doesn't haven anymore 30-30 years left?

I don't know about toast, he's just not a goal-scorer. Really his MVP season was an anomaly. He never scored 30+ before that season, and has less than 30 goals total combined since his MVP season. He'll never score 30 in a season again IMO unless all the stars align.

Reactions: missingchicklet

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Studnicka looks ruined

Screw it

maddening

I'm not sure it's a case of the pressure getting to Cassidy as much as the fact he's fed up with an absentee GM and the hand he's being dealt. He's done way too well the last few years to have been forced to coach a team loaded with kids who aren't ready yet.

This is not to say he may have pushed a wrong button along the way, but the utter lack of support he must feel has to be frustrating. That on top of some bad injury luck that nobody can control.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Anymore? He's had ONE 30/30 season in his 11 year career.
yeah, always been more of a distributor than finisher

I`m not a fan of Hoffman`s one dimensional play but when that one dimension is precisely what is missing from the B`s currently, I look in that direction. Doesn`t look like he`s having a spectacular year with the Blues but he`d still be in the top 5 in pts on this team I think, not sure the asking price would be super high

I`d make a play for Hoffman and Nick Foligno , add a possible scoring threat up front in Hoffman, and much needed experience and grit with Foligno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad