Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Forget
Buffalo
Ottawa
Detroit

Vancouver lol yeh right

Calgary going to do in summer listening to Darryl Sutter

Kings - yes
Ducks - only want Rackall but head injury LTIR um no thanks
Manson - interested

Sharks / nothing realistic

Dallas / not seeing it here like Robertson but they aren’t dealing

Columbus- Foligno yes but a 1 is laughable
Savard nice but not this yr he’s basically Kevin Miller

Just curious, but why do you automatically take out Buffalo/Ottawa/Detroit? I get they'll be back in our division next year, but that's never prevented them from making trades with us or others in the past.

Leafs unloaded how many players to Ottawa last year, which included Brown, Zaitsev etc.

Heck, Montreal got Staal this year...its a free-for-all on all UFA's.

Even a player like Helm or M.Staal improves our depth, even if he isn't a sexy pick-up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
"The Bruins will be fine regardless" ...according to who???
Im in the ‘we’re a mess let’s not throw good money after bad’

the retooling if I’m GM is in June when teams standing position doesn’t matter but their payroll situation does

Just moi

there is a it’s 3 pm Christmas Eve mentality on HF to me I got nothing and I’m walking into Burlington Mall and I need stuff

Most of the players I want are not available or shouldn’t be till June

if you want to get overpriced guys to have a present have at it

I got my own list of top 10 guys and only a few should be in play right now and Rackall scares the crap out of me and May be out for season so he’s useless

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
DeBrusk and a 3rd for Anthony Mantha
Bjork and a 2nd + 4th for Hall

(Probably deal extra assets to get money retained)

Marchand - Bergeron - Mantha
Hall - Krejci - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Coyle - Smith
Frederic - Kuraly - Kuhlman

Stanley Cup 16-0 thank you very much

Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

It would be the most Sweeney thing ever to scout back to back Kings/Yotes games and come away with Alex Iafallo while other teams add Palmieri, Hall, etc.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Taylor Hall for a 1st seems like a Toronto move. I can see him in Toronto at the deadline.

I also think it’s entirely possible Rask retires after this season.
Dubas smart i would be surprised

Put me down Rask is in net next November Black Friday game

Reactions: Oates2Neely

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

the retooling if I’m GM is in June when teams standing position doesn’t matter but their payroll situation does

Just moi

there is a it’s 3 pm Christmas Eve mentality on HF to me I got nothing and I’m walking into Burlington Mall and I need stuff

I got my own list of top 10 guys and only a few should be in play right now and Rackall scares the crap out of me and May be out for season so he’s useless
Unfortunately you're not the GM and the real GM takes the Summers off.

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
After a couple months of “Sweeney better not give up a first for a UFA” now everyone’s pissed we didn’t give up a first for a UFA. Pretty hilarious.
To be fair, it's the same people that wanted to buy in the first place are the ones that are upset.

The same people that want to sell probably still want to do that as well. Palmieri with retention just got a late first. We have better UFA's than him.

That said, I don't think the Bruins sell anything, given their playoff spot and their history.

I stand by my stance of upgrades, but no rentals. Wishful thinking at this point though.

This time next week, we'll all know at least.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just curious, but why do you automatically take out Buffalo/Ottawa/Detroit? I get they'll be back in our division next year, but that's never prevented them from making trades with us or others in the past.

Leafs unloaded how many players to Ottawa last year, which included Brown, Zaitsev etc.

Heck, Montreal got Staal this year...its a free-for-all on all UFA's.

Even a player like Helm or M.Staal improves our depth, even if he isn't a sexy pick-up.
I’m looking at different people then you

fuxk Helm and Staal

barf to me

I apologize for those that went them

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
DeBrusk and a 3rd for Anthony Mantha
Bjork and a 2nd + 4th for Hall

(Probably deal extra assets to get money retained)

Marchand - Bergeron - Mantha
Hall - Krejci - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Coyle - Smith
Frederic - Kuraly - Kuhlman

Stanley Cup 16-0 thank you very much
I genuinely like this & think it's not too far-fetched. Only concern is we lose a lot of speed with these moves.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I meant they might not completely sell off everything, making a deal that wouldn't be strictly futures. A hockey deal. If one can be made, maybe there's the place.
Yeah if they don’t feel they want to give Garland the big deal he’s gonna ask for why not get value for him. I’m sure they’d like a 1st since they got there’s taken away.

If he can some how pry Garland & OEL with a decent amount retained while not losing our top 4 guys or the rookie goalies then I’ll be very pleased.

EDIT: I guess add Carlo to that list because then you have a big hole on the right side. Not sure we even have enough that they’d want haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: BradMarchandismydad

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I’m looking at different people then you

fuxk Helm and Staal

barf to me

I apologize for those that went them

I don't want them either lol...trust me. But if Sweeney doesn't want to make any major trade and he wants to go small, then at least improve our depth...at this rate Cassidy is gonna have no friends after those press conferences hahah

Reactions: Gordoff

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I find that hard to believe because that hockey trade with NJ, we could've matched it...it just really depends on what Sweeney wants to trade.

We have dead weight right now - 3rd line RW, and our 4th line. Even if he made a small trade and brought in someone more seasoned, it would do wonders.

My guess is DS didn't want to trade the 1st.

I agree about a small trade.

Reactions: Pierre-MIchel

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I look at the bright side of the Islanders deal:

They only really had to give up a first round pick to get two real additions to their lineup. That indicates this as a buyer's market.

If Sweeney chooses, he has what's required to make the additions needed to get the Bruins to where they need to be and it won't cost a significant portion of their future. No excuses - just execute. Then it will be up to the players to do the same.

I wish I had more confidence in Donnie's capability to do so. But I've put my pitchfork away for the next few days. Let's see what comes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

It would be the most Sweeney thing ever to scout back to back Kings/Yotes games and come away with Alex Iafallo while other teams add Palmieri, Hall, etc.

Palmeiri & Hall aren’t the answer

if he trades 1 or even s 2 for Hall he’s an idiot

Palmeiri was 2019 guy that’s when we needed not now

I like Kempe
24 picked 4 spots after Pastrnak

would be excellent with Pastrnak fast as heck and skilled

Ritchie a barge

like Garland obviously

He should not be available till June

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

It sounds like you mean this as a bad thing.

Currently... Alex Iafallo is outscoring both Palmieri and Hall, so I don't see how that's a bad thing? He may not have either of their histories, I know the argument is "but they've had better careers", but wouldn't we want the guy that's actually putting up the numbers THIS year instead?

This all said... I thought he had another year on his contract, he's another UFA. So a little less enthused. I have a feeling IF something happens there, it's a bigger deal.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
if the Bruins needed Zajac then a 1st for Zajac & Palms is totally worth it. The trouble is the Bruins didn't need another center. Giving up a 1st for Palmieri alone would have been an overpay.

I'm ok with Sweeney not paying the 1st for just Palms...however the problem is I have zero faith in Sweeney's ability to go find a top 6 winger elsewhere. I also don't think he's the most creative GM out there. I mean...in theory he could have traded for Palms and Zajac & then flipped Zajac for a pick, but that would require 2 trades when it takes him forever to make 1.

Reactions: Gordoff and kjpm

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Yeah if they don’t feel they want to give Garland the big deal he’s gonna ask for why not get value for him. I’m sure they’d like a 1st since they got there’s taken away.

If he can some how pry Garland & OEL with a decent amount retained while not losing our top 4 guys or the rookie goalies then I’ll be very pleased.

Don't think they'll retain anything on OEL, which is likely a non-starter, but maybe things have changed since last off-season. I think Keller is also realistic possibility due to his contract and Coyotes looking to shed salary.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Palmeiri & Hall aren’t the answer

if he trades 1 or even s 2 for Hall he’s an idiot

Palmeiri was 2019 guy that’s when we needed not know

I like Kempe
24 picked 4 spots after Pastrnak

would be excellent with Pastrnak fast as heck and skilled

Ritchie a barge

like Garland obviously

He should not be available till June
repeatedly reminding us that Sweeney failed to get Palmieri in 2019 when we really needed him isn't having the spirit-lifting effect that I think you're going for.

If he couldn't land the perfect fit in 2019 then why should I have any faith he does it now with Garland?

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
repeatedly reminding us that Sweeney failed to get Palmieri in 2019 when we really needed him isn't having the spirit-lifting effect that I think you're going for.

If he couldn't land the perfect fit in 2019 then why should I have any faith he does it now with Garland?
Was Palmieri really available in 2019?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Just moi

I just feel the team can do some damage now, so get some help. May be short term thinking and not for everyone, I understand. I also have zero faith they will do anything in June or July because that’s not their MO. Maybe it changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad