Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
if the Bruins needed Zajac then a 1st for Zajac & Palms is totally worth it. The trouble is the Bruins didn't need another center. Giving up a 1st for Palmieri alone would have been an overpay.

I'm ok with Sweeney not paying the 1st for just Palms...however the problem is I have zero faith in Sweeney's ability to go find a top 6 winger elsewhere. I also don't think he's the most creative GM out there. I mean...in theory he could have traded for Palms and Zajac & then flipped Zajac for a pick, but that would require 2 trades when it takes him forever to make 1.

Palmieri was the first, the conditional fourth was Zajac, pretty much. The AHLers were just roster size balancing

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Im in the ‘we’re a mess let’s not throw good money after bad’

the retooling if I’m GM is in June when teams standing position doesn’t matter but their payroll situation does

Just moi

there is a it’s 3 pm Christmas Eve mentality on HF to me I got nothing and I’m walking into Burlington Mall and I need stuff

Most of the players I want are not available or shouldn’t be till June

if you want to get overpriced guys to have a present have at it

I got my own list of top 10 guys and only a few should be in play right now and Rackall scares the crap out of me and May be out for season so he’s useless

LMFAO...I been in the Mall at 3pm Christmas Eve...Its a great time to see all the bright lights and colorful...Shirts in XXXXL

Reactions: DKH and BrainOfJ

member 96824

if the Bruins needed Zajac then a 1st for Zajac & Palms is totally worth it. The trouble is the Bruins didn't need another center. Giving up a 1st for Palmieri alone would have been an overpay.

I'm ok with Sweeney not paying the 1st for just Palms...however the problem is I have zero faith in Sweeney's ability to go find a top 6 winger elsewhere. I also don't think he's the most creative GM out there. I mean...in theory he could have traded for Palms and Zajac & then flipped Zajac for a pick, but that would require 2 trades when it takes him forever to make 1.

I do wonder if you could have done something else to meet needs. Yeah it was Zajac and Palmeri that were moved, NYI needed forward help. Would the same package from Boston landed Palmeri and Vatanen/Kulikov/Murray who are also all UFAs at the end of the year? Maybe. Either way, doesn't matter now I suppose

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't want them either lol...trust me. But if Sweeney doesn't want to make any major trade and he wants to go small, then at least improve our depth...at this rate Cassidy is gonna have no friends after those press conferences hahah
Why improve depth this year for what?

If he makes a deal go get Ekholm if even possible or Kempe who’s legit player long term

depth right now makes zero sense to me

2019 yes add depth 2021 no bleepin way

how about Cassidy who said 3-4 days ago Sensyshyn would get legit chance

Senyshyn plays 23 seconds in second period two games ago and scratched last game

Studnicka looks ruined

I’m a fan and maybe a lot of you disagree with me which is fine but my view is the pressure is getting to Cassidy- the young players are not developing

The goalie is banged up the two HOF forwards are 33 and 35 and being run into ground

Screw it

unless a miraculous deal long term ramifications where your getting 23-27 year old players I’m not doing bandaids

Sweeney trades for Helm and Staal we will be hearing about this for years

Stick Senyshyn Bjork Studnicka out there and stop Dicking around

maddening

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just feel the team can do some damage now, so get some help. May be short term thinking and not for everyone, I understand. I also have zero faith they will do anything in June or July because that’s not their MO. Maybe it changes
They need Ekholm to anyone who watched second period

Preds are in playoffs

they trade him they should have to receive an offer they can’t refuse

I don’t want Bruins making that offer

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Palmeiri & Hall aren’t the answer

if he trades 1 or even s 2 for Hall he’s an idiot

Palmeiri was 2019 guy that’s when we needed not now

I like Kempe
24 picked 4 spots after Pastrnak

would be excellent with Pastrnak fast as heck and skilled

Ritchie a barge

like Garland obviously

He should not be available till June

Dan let's not do the "Wait til June" talk yet. Can we hold onto that until at least Sunday? It's an annual tradition I look forward to, but I'm not ready for it yet.

Regarding Kempe, think we could sell LA on DeBrusk?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Palmeiri & Hall aren’t the answer

if he trades 1 or even s 2 for Hall he’s an idiot

Palmeiri was 2019 guy that’s when we needed not now

I like Kempe
24 picked 4 spots after Pastrnak

would be excellent with Pastrnak fast as heck and skilled

Ritchie a barge

like Garland obviously

He should not be available till June

remove

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I hope Hall is not even on DS' radar. He doesn't need to be wasting time thinking about him. Hall at this point is a pretty cruddy player on an already bad team. He is the worst forward on the team in +/-. He is only 9th in OPS. He is 20th in DPS. He is 23rd in shot pct. 20th in goals. Granted he leads the team in assists. Giving up any kind of assets for a rental of a guy who is playing awful disinterested hockey in a show-me contract season would be plain stupid of the Bs. Any person who thinks Hall would be a big difference maker and give the Bs a shot at the Cup needs to do some explaining, because I am just not seeing it.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'd argue that Palmieri was a 2nd, and Zajac was a 4th. The retention on both upped the 2nd, and added the condition on the 4th.

Fair. We would have needed them to retain too though.

second question - what happens first, Sweeney makes a trade, or Jakob Zboril gets a shot through traffic on net. Odds are Sweeney (-130) right now.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Dan let's not do the "Wait til June" talk yet. Can we hold onto that until at least Sunday? It's an annual tradition I look forward to, but I'm not ready for it yet.

Regarding Kempe, think we could sell LA on DeBrusk?

I personally think Debrusk will bounce back. Whether it's here or not is another story, but despite his bad year (marked with off-the-ice struggles), I think we are selling very low. Hopefully another team sees value there. I'm fine with a Kempe return though. Just none of this Debrusk for Hall nonsense.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Don't think they'll retain anything on OEL, which is likely a non-starter, but maybe things have changed since last off-season. I think Keller is also realistic possibility due to his contract and Coyotes looking to shed salary.
Oh yeah that’s right that was supposedly the holdup in the offseason. Not sure I’d want to take that OEL contract on as is.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Here's my thinking:
You either go for it now (even with Rask & the kids as question marks), because you only have so much longer with this core and you gotta take every chance you can get...
or
You admit you don't have the horses, the GM hasn't drafted well enough, and it's time for a real rebuild--stockpile picks, draft better and close the Bergeron/Krejci/Rask window for good.

Anything in between is just a waste of a season IMO. If you take the middle road then this team is Ottawa in a few years trading off Pastrnak (Stone) & McAvoy (Karlsson) for futures without having won anything & pushing the rebuild several years into the future. Detroit went through kind of the same thing. Maybe if they had sold earlier & surrounded Larkin with more talent then they'd be better off now.

Pick a path. Go for it now while the old core is still here, or sell now so that Pasta & McAvoy have guys to play with in a couple years when they are still good. Giving up middling picks & prospects for middling players would just be going through the motions and likely means you don't win now with Bergeron and don't win later without him.

Personally I favor going for it now because it's gonna hurt when Bergeron, Krejci & Rask are gone anyway. At that point you can really tank.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Why improve depth this year for what?

If he makes a deal go get Ekholm if even possible or Kempe who’s legit player long term

depth right now makes zero sense to me

2019 yes add depth 2021 no bleepin way

how about Cassidy who said 3-4 days ago Sensyshyn would get legit chance

Senyshyn plays 23 seconds in second period two games ago and scratched last game

Studnicka looks ruined

I’m a fan and maybe a lot of you disagree with me which is fine but my view is the pressure is getting to Cassidy- the young players are not developing

The goalie is banged up the two HOF forwards are 33 and 35 and being run into ground

Screw it

unless a miraculous deal long term ramifications where your getting 23-27 year old players I’m not doing bandaids

Sweeney trades for Helm and Staal we will be hearing about this for years

Stick Senyshyn Bjork Studnicka out there and stop Dicking around

maddening
post of the year:thumbu:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I personally think Debrusk will bounce back. Whether it's here or not is another story, but despite his bad year (marked with off-the-ice struggles), I think we are selling very low. Hopefully another team sees value there. I'm fine with a Kempe return though. Just none of this Debrusk for Hall nonsense.

We would be selling low. Not sure how low, but since he's currently atrocious, have to imagine he can't get much lower.

That said, if there's someone who will try to jump on him now, I'd be listening. I'll say it again - I don't believe in him as a player. I've been pushing to move him for well over a year now.

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think Debrusk’s value is still a lot higher than what us Boston fans see on the ice. A change of scenery is probably best for his career at the moment, depending on where.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I now envision a Sam Bennett type of player, a guy whose struggling with his current team who another thinks can spark him. I dunno, I hold out little hope this team makes a noise louder than a peep come playoff time.....if they even make the playoffs

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Here's my thinking:
You either go for it now (even with Rask & the kids as question marks), because you only have so much longer with this core and you gotta take every chance you can get...
or
You admit you don't have the horses, the GM hasn't drafted well enough, and it's time for a real rebuild--stockpile picks, draft better and close the Bergeron/Krejci/Rask window for good.

Anything in between is just a waste of a season IMO. If you take the middle road then this team is Ottawa in a few years trading off Pastrnak (Stone) & McAvoy (Karlsson) for futures without having won anything & pushing the rebuild several years into the future. Detroit went through kind of the same thing. Maybe if they had sold earlier & surrounded Larkin with more talent then they'd be better off now.

Pick a path. Go for it now while the old core is still here, or sell now so that Pasta & McAvoy have guys to play with in a couple years when they are still good. Giving up middling picks & prospects for middling players would just be going through the motions and likely means you don't win now with Bergeron and don't win later without him.

Personally I favor going for it now because it's gonna hurt when Bergeron, Krejci & Rask are gone anyway. At that point you can really tank.
I truly wonder just how much 2-3 home playoff games will do for revenue, especially with limited fans. I can't imagine it will be that much.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I hope Rask is back and back next year also. He gives this team its best shot to win
Really depends on that status of his back... I agree, Rask at 100% and focused is top 5 in the league without question.

When he's not on his game (for whatever reason it is), he's not. So tough decision there. I don't think they make that decision until after the expansion draft though.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Debrusk’s value is still a lot higher than what us Boston fans see on the ice. A change of scenery is probably best for his career at the moment, depending on where.
I think there will always be a GM out there who believes a player can turn things around if introduced to his team/system etc....I think, for all those trades made involving players we like to refer to as needing a "change of scenery", a fraction of them actually excel after the deal is done

I don`t think Debrusk is valued nearly as highly as some here value him to be

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
They need Ekholm to anyone who watched second period

Preds are in playoffs

they trade him they should have to receive an offer they can’t refuse

I don’t want Bruins making that offer
Agree. the Preds are in it they are not trading Ekholm and even on remote possibility they did it would be for a kings ransom. Hell you could make a better case to get Forsberg from them with the way that team has played without him

Reactions: bbfan419

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
While I fully expect them to add, I personally think they should seriously look at selling at the deadline this year. I see way too many holes with this roster that would take way too much to fix in order to be a legit cup contending team, especially with costs at the deadline in general, and even more for just rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad