Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Holtby could be had for a fourth and half retained IMO

Whatever we do it better move the needle or don’t be doing it.

Goalie
Top6 Forward
Top6 Dman

Can’t see it happening.

SELL

Reactions: Pierre-MIchel

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
The move and rumor since the draft has been they were looking for a top 4 left handed defenseman who is good 5 on 5 with term left. But they havent been able to put together a deal and with the expansion draft coming up that ship has sailed now (atleast one with term).

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
It's been said here and by others, that the Bruins probably don't do any big deal because no one wants what they have.

I find that hard to believe because that hockey trade with NJ, we could've matched it...it just really depends on what Sweeney wants to trade.

We have dead weight right now - 3rd line RW, and our 4th line. Even if he made a small trade and brought in someone more seasoned, it would do wonders.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
seasonal duckboats or franchise tombstones? acquiring Hall would show that choice being made. hopefully they know they aren't doing it and are just trying to bait an opponent into selecting that guy who quacks and waddles but doesn't float. mix me a metaphorical cocktail for the trade deadline thread drinking game?

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I find that hard to believe because that hockey trade with NJ, we could've matched it...it just really depends on what Sweeney wants to trade.

We have dead weight right now - 3rd line RW, and our 4th line. Even if he made a small trade and brought in someone more seasoned, it would do wonders.

This team needs more than a small trade to do wonders. Obviously a combination of Bjork, a 2nd, Seny or Steen was not enough to entice NJ to make a trade. A late 1st and a 4th got it done and Lou got the Devils to take 50% salary back and two AHL players that are not that good.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If they are looking for a goalie then Rask is all but done here. If that is the case then its two fold - a goalie means they are out on adding a quality forward and a much needed top vet deeman. Those 2 will move the needle, anything less is not enough.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
This team needs more than a small trade to do wonders. Obviously a combination of Bjork, a 2nd, Seny or Steen was not enough to entice NJ to make a trade. A late 1st and a 4th got it done and Lou got the Devils to take 50% salary back and two AHL players that are not that good.

Don't disagree...this team does need a lot of work.

While getting Hall, Garland, Bennett etc would be great...i'd also be happy finally addressing our 3rd RW, 4th line or 3rd paid defense too...those don't require great work but it will at least make our team relevant instead of playing stiffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We will be the runner-ups again.

IMO, teams out of the playoffs: Devils / Ottawa / Buffalo / Sharks / LA / Ducks / Canucks / Calgary / Columbus / Dallas / Detroit

We should be able to do something, each team can offer us an improvement to current state.
Forget
Buffalo
Ottawa
Detroit

Vancouver lol yeh right

Calgary going to do in summer listening to Darryl Sutter

Kings - yes
Ducks - only want Rackall but head injury LTIR um no thanks
Manson - interested

Sharks / nothing realistic

Dallas / not seeing it here like Robertson but they aren’t dealing

Columbus- Foligno yes but a 1 is laughable
Savard nice but not this yr he’s basically Kevin Miller

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Holtby could be had for a fourth and half retained IMO

Whatever we do it better move the needle or don’t be doing it.

Goalie
Top6 Forward
Top6 Dman

Can’t see it happening.

SELL
I'd be a little leery right now about dealing with the Canucks and that scenario knowing what occurred in Buffalo about a month ago..... where we lost 3 games due to protocol.....

Reactions: easton117

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
After a couple months of “Sweeney better not give up a first for a UFA” now everyone’s pissed we didn’t give up a first for a UFA. Pretty hilarious.
I don’t want him to give it up I want him to sell expiring pieces, but Sweeney wants to add so if you’re adding quality you have to give up firsts.

I’m more pissed that he can’t get deals done that he’s been linked to for years, and that he hasn’t picked a direction to go in, he’s still sitting on the fence.

Whether that’s his fault or coming from the top, who knows.

Reactions: ylekot

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Iafallo would be a nice "start building for next years run" piece.

Not THE piece, but a piece.

That being said, he's the "up and down the lineup" tweener 2nd/3rd line player(leans toward third) that @LouJersey has been predicting all along.

Yep another 3rd liner filled in as 2LW, to replace the already 3rd line LW we have there. Who would they trade for him?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Weird how the window seems to be closed before we expected.

Oh wait alot of us have been screaming idiots for 5 years about it.

What are the chances Rask and Krejci would re sign for less than they currently make? If not this teams in for some more bubble finishes.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t want him to give it up I want him to sell expiring pieces, but Sweeney wants to add so if you’re adding quality you have to give up firsts.

I’m more pissed that he can’t get deals done that he’s been linked to for years, and that he hasn’t picked a direction to go in, he’s still sitting on the fence.

Whether that’s his fault or coming from the top, who knows.

Or, for two years he hasn’t wanted to give up a first for Kyle freaking Palmieri. No one else did last year. This year the Isles are going for it. Still not a deal I would make.

Reactions: lopey and Dr Hook

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeah though, I think it may be easier for them to pack it in and say it’s not our year. Just based on the difference in markets.
I meant they might not completely sell off everything, making a deal that wouldn't be strictly futures. A hockey deal. If one can be made, maybe there's the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad