Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I just don’t follow why we’d be goalie shopping right now and not in the summer, when I think you’ll see a couple of teams scrambling to move goalies for something so they don’t lose them for nothing.

I understand Don likes to have his summers to himself, but just kind of odd timing to make a move like that.

Quick, Mrazek, Talbot, Jake Allen, DeSmith... you are right... those names sound exciting. :sarcasm:

The truth is the only team with a tough goalie situation to deal with is the Caps with Vanecek looking solid. So can't agree with you at all here.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Both Rask and Halak are on expiring contracts. Do you need to waste a protection slot on them? Why not just protect Vladar and if Rask wants to come back sign him after the expansion draft.

Reactions: bbfan419

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
This really feels like a seminal trade deadline for the Bs. We can't continue to straddle the almost in/ almost rebuild much longer since Father Time is one forechecker who doesn't do a fly-by

the choices

-Buy in hopes of making a run and deplete an already limited pipeline....not clear to me we have the horses even after an acquisition or two to be a serious contender

-Sell in hopes of beefing up said pipeline - not clear to me that management will sacrifice home playoffs game revenue- even at 20% capacity

-Stand pat by being in on everything and closing on none - until you decide between choice one or two this likely becomes the " safest" choice....make a small deal ( the always favorite 2nd and 4th) and play out the string hoping to catch lighting in the proverbial bottle

Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A guy I’d like is Elias Lindholm in Calgary. 26 year old right handed center who’s signed through 2024 with a 4.85m cap hit. 33 points in 40 games this season. Scored 29 goals last season, 27 the year prior. Maybe a guy who can take over 2nd line center duties next season.

That’s a guy I move a 1st for (+)

member 96824

Quick, Mrazek, Talbot, Jake Allen, DeSmith... you are right... those names sound exciting. :sarcasm:

The truth is the only team with a tough goalie situation to deal with is the Caps with Vanecek looking solid. So can't agree with you at all here.

Oh jeez thank god you’re here with a witty remark, fantastic emoji, and to correct the “truth”

and yet you completely missed that I was talking about the expansion draft when rattling off your list of UFAs

Impressive.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
A guy I’d like is Elias Lindholm in Calgary. 26 year old right handed center who’s signed through 2024 with a 4.85m cap hit. 33 points in 40 games this season. Scored 29 goals last season, 27 the year prior.

He'd be a perfect replacement for Bergeron. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot to offer Calgary. I'd also be shocked if they wanted to move him.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd be STOKED if Seattle took Vladar, TBH.
So you could protect............

With Halak done after this season and Rask entering the twilight of his career, isn't it prudent to develop young goalies to hold down the position for the future? Both Vladar and Swayman have had outstanding seasons in the AHL and already have some, though limited ,experience at the NHL level.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Let’s wait until 3pm on 4/12 before we start bashing Sweeney. Lots of balls in the air. Have to think he does something to help Bergeron win another here.

How many times have we heard this?

Wait untill x day before we can judge, no wait let’s wait till x day before we can judge, nope again let’s wait untill x day before we can judge.

It’s a year around saying with Sweeney 6 years strong.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
I'd like to see Hall and Pasta together. Maybe Pasta can ignite what Hall has shown in the past. Keep DK46 between them for defensive responsibilities.

Reactions: bbfan419

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
So Lauzon doesn’t have the games yet to need to be protected, if I’m understanding that list correctly
I think we need a veteran defender more than a forward anyway, what about trading for Edler, who’s a UFA.

We could maybe still grab Elvis. Based on the list, I would say Bjork should be available at the deadline, I’d protect Ritchie and Frederic over him.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Both Rask and Halak are on expiring contracts. Do you need to waste a protection slot on them? Why not just protect Vladar and if Rask wants to come back sign him after the expansion draft.
Bruins need to make one goalie available in the expansion draft which will be Callum Booth.
Vladar and Swayman are exempt cannot be picked in the draft.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Goalie Elvis is exempt.
So still protect Vladar.
Booth gets exposed.
Potentially give gold watches to Rask & Halak

Interesting. Merzlikins would be a bit of a unicorn in that he's a relatively proven NHL caliber goaltender but because he's older and played so long in Europe he's expansion exempt. Might be the right guy to use in conjunction with Vladar to bridge the gap until Swayman is ready full-time. He may be ready now but like Rask in 2007-08 and 2008-09, letting him continue developing in the AHL for a year or two more I think is the right path for Swayman.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sweeney not giving a first for Palmieri makes you worry he’ll give up a first for a rental? That’s some pretty interesting logic

I can see both sides of it.

Maybe he didn't think anyone else would give up a 1 for him and now that he's not an option, maybe he'll panic and give up a 1 for someone he wouldn't have prior to the Palmieri trade.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So Lauzon doesn’t have the games yet to need to be protected, if I’m understanding that list correctly
I think we need a veteran defender more than a forward anyway, what about trading for Edler, who’s a UFA.

We could maybe still grab Elvis. Based on the list, I would say Bjork should be available at the deadline, I’d protect Ritchie and Frederic over him.
Every player on the Bruins' defense is eligible to be drafted if they not protected.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015

Lauzon has 5 games remaining. With injuries, think it complicates things more.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Right. Would have to include Studnicka, 1st, Vaakaneinen... +
To be fair, you’re basically replacing what you hope Studnicka will become with a guy that’s already there.

So you’re basically trading for him for Vaak and a 1st which isn’t terrible for a young guy with some term.

I agree though I don’t know why Calgary would want to move him. Maybe if they’re going full tear down because Sutter hates all of them already lol

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
A guy I’d like is Elias Lindholm in Calgary. 26 year old right handed center who’s signed through 2024 with a 4.85m cap hit. 33 points in 40 games this season. Scored 29 goals last season, 27 the year prior. Maybe a guy who can take over 2nd line center duties next season.

All of those wonderful reasons to acquire him are also wonderful reasons why Calgary won’t move him

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I secretly have hope something big will get done.

But I think this past off season was an indication of Sweeney's current ability to make changes at the current time.

In an off season where UFA prices were low, coming off a disappointing playoff where big changes were promised, he couldn't/didn't pull anything off. Really drops the confidence level that he's gonna be able to pull something off.

We all know the teams needs. So does the rest of the league.

So Sweeney, what's the problem? Too strong of an attachment to 'his guys'? Overrating the value of his own players? Underrating the value of who he's trying to trade for? And/or his trigger finger is somewhere between glue and not on the trigger at all?

Anyways, hoping for the best.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
How many times have we heard this?

Wait untill x day before we can judge, no wait let’s wait till x day before we can judge, nope again let’s wait untill x day before we can judge.

It’s a year around saying with Sweeney 6 years strong.
I’m just saying let’s wait until the meal is served before we bash the chef

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
On a positive note I can see Kase making it back to the line up within the next 2 weeks. He could be like a mini trade deadline deal for the bruins.

Bruins absolutely NEED to pick up Wood and go from there.

Wood can be a game changer whereas Hall has done nothing to make a team better with his play drastically going downhill.
kase will do exactly what he did for us last trade deadline, nothing. he is toast and nobody should expect anything from him. if he plays it most likely amounts to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad