X-SHARKIES Final Top 60 for 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
orrthegreatest said:
X-SHARKIE, Has been posting his views on players all the way since last year, if he was stealing I did not see what he was stealing any where else at that time.....Lighten up and relax, I look at all the draft guides and his views are not like theirs, his is original from what I can see....G :handclap: o Sharkie,
Yeah...I'd clap too if I were getting Mckeens scouting reports for free. :shakehead

Might as well join in. :handclap: Go sharkie go! My hero!

mowthecat

X-SHARKIE said:
Vlad, You keep on saying all this stuff about my posts, but you havent once, not even once, said somthing back that proved me wrong, or that my thoughts on a player are so wrong?

No ones perfect, so I thought Olver played defense, I listed Hedman or Fransson from Sweden.

I'm sorry Vlad, your the perfect person who makes no errors and secretly in your head you know how every little thing about these young players, :bow: TO THE GREAT VLAD :bow:

If I wrongly assessed a players talents, then fine, call me out on it, but when I get called a 16 year old who never seen junior hockey before, or a fraud, what ever, it does piss me off. But I try not to respond because I know it well just light a fire and this thread well get out of hand and not do the purpose I made this for, (witch it already has) But somwere I got to say stop.
If you have a problem with one of my reports on a player, call me out, like somone did on Lammers, But if your going to attack me personally, theres a thing called Private messaging for it. Thank you.

So how many of these kids have you truly seen live? If its more than 2 I'll be amazed. Now seeing as you live in the States nowhere near a junior team that pretty much eliminates 35 of the 60. Then throw in the fact that another 20 are Euros its getting to be slim pickings for you. Since you're 16 and may not be driving yet then we'll assume you dont get around to too many Minnesota or ND games, and that leaves about 1 or 2 players you might actually have scouted.

All Vlads questioning is your right to come off as some sort of quasi expert on the top 60 and he has every right to do so. If I posted that Kovalchuk, Heatley, and Iginla should go top 3 this year would you challenge me on it? Probably. Expect the same.

X-SHARKIE

Here is a list of players that I have personally seen live, at the stadium, with my two own eyes. Not watching a game of theres on tape.

Kyle Klubertanz, A.J. Thelen, Wes O'Neil, Drew Stafford, David Brown, Corey Schneider, Robbie Schremp, Blake Wheeler, Alvaro Montoya, David Booth, Geoff Paukovich.

Then there are countless other players that I have seen live that didn't make my top 60. I have been to Michigan before, I play hockey my self, I have played with Phil Kessel, Jack Skille and others at my age level, so I have seen alot of the USNTDP players in person.. Matt Auffery example, seen him play live, but not on my top 60. I saw Schremp play a couple years back. I also see alot of Badger games.

I catch alot of College hockey and Junior hockey over the Dish. I also have friends that share a passion in the hockey and get tapes from them.

How many times do I have to explain my self? If I had a digitital camera I would take pictures of me watching a tape, or holding up a tape. You would probally say thats not me, and you found that on a website or somthing.

Remember: I never claimed to see all these players live.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
X-Sharkie, if you are really 16-year old, you do a great job and you have a great future ahead.

Don't worry about mistakes. I can find some of them every given day written by seniors writers in newspapers.

Don't worry about critics and personal comments by some posters. Take it, like you have indeed taken it, as ways to improve yourselve.

True, you have to be aware about using stuff belonging to other - I don't pretend you did it - but at the same time, keep in mind that the pros are all reading what competitors wrote about some specific prospects prior making their own mind.

If you are really 16, just the way you write, just the way you react, just the way you demonstrate a real passion for hockey and just the amount of work you seem to put, man keep working and you will have success.

AvengerK

Mar 9, 2004
Cal Poly, the good 1
joechip said:
Dude!

You are reading this on a message board. Everything written should be taken with liberal doses of sea water. Nothing has relevance. This is entertainment. Get a grip! Credentials? If the guy posts utter shite then eventually people will stop reading it. If his work is worthwhile then people will continue. It's called the free market in ideas, if you don't like it don't read. I don't need you or Vlad or anyone else playing 'content cop' for me. I'll judge this myself. This is what really ticks me off in these threads. A bunch of self-important blowhards accusing someone else of being a self-important blowhard when in reality all that was intended was some thoughtful discussion. This is to me means that the people doing the accusing don't actually have an opinion, and can't stand the fact that other people do. Therefore, they do the message board equivalent of 'taking my toys and going home," to focus all the attention on them.

Get over yourself, all of you.

The conjectures about who X-Sharkie has and has not personally seen play live is no more conjecture than when X-Sharkie thinks they are going to be drafted. You're engaging in the EXACT SAME behavior you are attacking him for.

Ta,

Very very well said. You are my new best friend.

AvengerK

Mar 9, 2004
Cal Poly, the good 1
salostyle said:
This whole thread is getting a little childish...fitting since it was started by a child, sorry X-Sharkie its not really your fault but some of these people are holding valid points against your blatant errors.

If he has errors, correct them or point them out. Do you really thinking ripping into him is going to get him to stop? I'd be tempted to post loads of misinformation just to spite you if all you can do is rip into me and nothing else.

X-SHARKIE

My attention was never to drive any one bizerk..... but man if that was my goal I would be dang good at it.

Thanks to those who believe me, and showed support :) I won't let some people get me down, but I do want to say this.

Vlad was not out of line for what he said to me. I dont blame those for being skepticle. But lets move on, and talk about the draft :)
Please no more personal mumbo jumbo. Or lets create a new thread, about the 2004 draft. Now that the Sharks are out of the playoffs expect to hear alot from me lol. Did I just hear Dr. Holliday shreek?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
strungout said:
This isnt just about the list....its about how the list is presented and how the info is obtained.

Its plain and simple...some posters want sharkie to "keep up the good work" so they can get the same damn info quite a few people have to pay for from Redline and Mckeens. These are not personal shots or name calling posts....its an attempt to stop something that is morally wrong.

Take it to PM!! Take it to PM!!

You really think that's going going to stop sharkie from posting stolen material?

This is not stolen material. Think for one second, if McKeen's writers are on this site, dont' you think they would be up in arms with HF over copyright laws? Ever think that what he's doing is fine by HF rules, cause he keeps on doing it? I checked with HF and they said X-Sharkie is not breaking any rules.

If you still think some rule is being broken, take it up with HF, or go and contact McKeens or anyone else you feel should be alerted, but this is a warning to stop saying he's breaking any rules, he's not as far as the boss tells me, so end it.

X-SHARKIE

The guys at McKeens are great, I even spoke with them before. I was asked about the Green Bay Gamblers players and I reviewed there USHL rankings and gave them my two cents....I also sent them scouting reports on Blair Yaworksi and Chris Zarb, Victor Oreskovich, Joe Fallon, but I dont think any were put on the site lol. I'll have to look.

orrthegreatest

Nov 14, 2003
Norwalk California
X-SHARKIE said:
My attention was never to drive any one bizerk..... but man if that was my goal I would be dang good at it.

Thanks to those who believe me, and showed support :) I won't let some people get me down, but I do want to say this.

Vlad was not out of line for what he said to me. I dont blame those for being skepticle. But lets move on, and talk about the draft :)
Please no more personal mumbo jumbo. Or lets create a new thread, about the 2004 draft. Now that the Sharks are out of the playoffs expect to hear alot from me lol. Did I just hear Dr. Holliday shreek?

Agreed Sharkie, What do you know of Alexander Tang D Sweden, I have heard some good things about him...Thanks keep up the good work, I appreciate it...

X-SHARKIE

orrthegreatest said:
Agreed Sharkie, What do you know of Alexander Tang D Sweden, I have heard some good things about him...Thanks keep up the good work, I appreciate it...

I looked him up, I never seen him play, Sounds like he'll be drafted, but not on day 1. Sounds like a nasty brute.

03-04 Vastra Frolunda (Swe Jr) 35 4 14 18 11 36
03-04 Vastra Frolunda (Swe) 4 0 0 0 0 0

Mabey an under the radar kind of steal? Steblik sees alot more of Europe then I could imagine, He might now Alexander Tang.

orrthegreatest

Nov 14, 2003
Norwalk California
X-SHARKIE said:
I looked him up, I never seen him play, Sounds like he'll be drafted, but not on day 1. Sounds like a nasty brute.

Thanks, I was rooting for the Sharks to go all the way since my team the Bruins were out, but I think you have much to look forward to in the future, you have a good young team Sharkie...

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
X-SHARKIE said:

I am glad you see it that way. I'm not out to shut you up completely as some seem to think. I must say I really like the way you have reacted to this thread and the clarifications you've made. It's a lot less confusing.

We still have our differences but that is nothing you and I can't live with.

The thread did get out of hand and that sucks. I told you a month or two ago I wouldn't get in your way and I meant it but all of a sudden my name came up here and I responded. This got out of hand and I am sorry for that. Start another thread if you want. I won't show unless I have something constructive to add on *prospects*.

I know you love talking hockey, I appreciate that.

I know a lot of people got involved in this mess. I don't think all the criticisms were fair from all sides but let's talk hockey and forget that.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:

03-04 Vastra Frolunda (Swe Jr) 35 4 14 18 11 36
03-04 Vastra Frolunda (Swe) 4 0 0 0 0 0

Mabey an under the radar kind of steal? Steblik sees alot more of Europe then I could imagine, He might now Alexander Tang.

Some people are quite high on him but I can't see him as an NHL guy. Why? His game is physicality and strength- and it comes off well in Swedish Junior. But for a guy under 6'0 and under 200lbs that type of game will not likely translate well to North American pros. He'll need a few more elite tricks.

Last edited:

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Vlad The Impaler said:
I am glad you see it that way. I'm not out to shut you up completely as some seem to think. I must say I really like the way you have reacted to this thread and the clarifications you've made. It's a lot less confusing.

We still have our differences but that is nothing you and I can't live with.

The thread did get out of hand and that sucks. I told you a month or two ago I wouldn't get in your way and I meant it but all of a sudden my name came up here and I responded. This got out of hand and I am sorry for that. Start another thread if you want. I won't show unless I have something constructive to add on *prospects*.

I know you love talking hockey, I appreciate that.

I know a lot of people got involved in this mess. I don't think all the criticisms were fair from all sides but let's talk hockey and forget that.

:handclap:

Thats what I want to do. Talk hockey.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
SpaceGhost79 said:
I'm curious to know how Montoya struggled this year. I know Michigan's team struggled late in the first half of the season and really turned up the heat after winter break before cooling off again at the end of the regular season. But looking at Montoya's stats, his sophomore year he had a better GAA, better save percentage, and doubled his shutouts (6) all while, as you said, his team in front hasn't been as strong. AND he had to sit in the penalty box! How many other goalies have had to do that? :gman:

I saw Montoya at the super 6 earlier this year in march i believe, and if you based his draft status based on what i saw in those 2 games i believe, he'd be 9th round material. He was horible, down and not getting up, slow reaction, maybe he was tired, i dont know, but he lost some respect to me when he played that bad during those 2 games, obviously it was one of his worst performences and wasnt taken into affect for his draft status position, but wow he played bad... :banghead:

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Tängs best game is not Strength and physicality. Its great skating and mobility combined with wonderful passing game and a hard and accurate slapshot. Ive seen him play lots and lots of games. Think Niklas Kronwall. He is a wonderful talent and will be a top defenseman in SEL in a couple of years. Don´t know if he will adjust to the smaller rinks and NHL, but he is not weak.

orrthegreatest

Nov 14, 2003
Norwalk California
rivercanyon said:
Tängs best game is not Strength and physicality. Its great skating and mobility combined with wonderful passing game and a hard and accurate slapshot. Ive seen him play lots and lots of games. Think Niklas Kronwall. He is a wonderful talent and will be a top defenseman in SEL in a couple of years. Don´t know if he will adjust to the smaller rinks and NHL, but he is not weak.

Thank you, I had read a article on him awhile ago, and really like what I read about him.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
rivercanyon said:

Interesting- I only saw him twice... but that's what happens, you can get a skewered perspective based on limited viewings. You are based in Sverige so I hope you're right..

habsfan4life

Sep 5, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
As many posters have already stated, and as a wise man once said, never base your opinions on information from one source. Consider the possibilities and read around.

That said, Sharkie's reports are just fine for me. I enjoy reading his input and consider his information "gateway" information. He might point out a certain player that I had not noticed or have some information that I don't have (not that I'm a prospect guru or anything!).

Me and Sharkie talked about the draft several times over the last couple through private messages in preperation for a 2004 draft in my keeper league. Using information from him and many other people that talk about prospects and not counter-productive banter, I think that I had a pretty nice draft for myself.

I was able to get the following:
Alexandre Picard (RD 1, 15th overall)
Drew Stafford (RD 1, 17th overall)
Adam Pineault (RD 2, 36th overall)
Travis Zajac (RD 2, 53rd overall)

I beleive that those are all solid picks that I likely would not have made without information that I gathered from good members at hfboards, like Sharkie.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
steblick said:
Interesting- I only saw him twice... but that's what happens, you can get a skewered perspective based on limited viewings. You are based in Sverige so I hope you're right..

Well. Yes im right, since i saw exactly every homegame he played.
I dont know how you get such a skewered perspective to ever think his game was in strength and physicality even if it was only two games you saw him.

The kid got potential, really good potential. But its not like its determined that im sure he will be an NHL-defenseman. He will however be a very good d-man here in SEL. That im sure of.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
rivercanyon said:
Well. Yes im right, since i saw exactly every homegame he played.
I dont know how you get such a skewered perspective to ever think his game was in strength and physicality even if it was only two games you saw him.

The kid got potential, really good potential. But its not like its determined that im sure he will be an NHL-defenseman. He will however be a very good d-man here in SEL. That im sure of.

I saw him with the '85 Sweden team at a 5 nations tournament. He was playing very conservatively and physically there (rubbing his man out hard on the boards, taking charge in front of the net)...but to tell the truth I was not focusing on him so much. I certainly accept your opinion as more accurate.

liveviewings

May 20, 2004
steblick said:
I saw him with the '85 Sweden team at a 5 nations tournament. He was playing very conservatively and physically there (rubbing his man out hard on the boards, taking charge in front of the net)...but to tell the truth I was not focusing on him so much. I certainly accept your opinion as more accurate.
You travel with Team Canada but don't scout for them... right. My guess is you help make sure the trips run smoothly. Am I right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad