X-SHARKIES Final Top 60 for 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

I spent some time, and I came to the conclusion that this is the top 60 on my draft board. This list isn't going to make everyone happy, but this is what I think of the 2004 draft eligibles. This is also not a mock draft...Example: I dont think the Hawks well take Barker at #3. I also got this list out early because last year I recieved my hockey news when I was about done and reading that switched me all up....So here I go.

1. F Alexander Ovechkin.... Still a good gap between him and Malkin. Elite talent. As good as he is hyped.

2. F Evgeni Malkin....could've went #1 in other drafts. NHL ready.

3. D Cam Barker.... Very high upside. Has some holes, but you can't coach what he can do. Big, Great skater, awesome offensive ability, and can handle himself in his own zone. WHL won't benifit him anymore, Likely well be signed.

4. F Rostislav Olesz....Over hyped before the season, I can name two Czechs who looked better then him between now and the time Jagr was drafted, but he is one skilled, and hard working player, who should find a home in Chicago IMO. Still a top five pick. NHL ready.

5. F Lauri Tukonen: Very very underated, I love this player, Awesome at the WJC's and was dominating at the U-18 tournaments. One of my favroite players in the draft, I can't believe his game is falling on def ears because this guy is awesome. Plus he's NHL ready IMO.

6. F Andrew Ladd Another player that doesnt get the respect he deserves. NHL Ready.

7. D A.J. Thelen. Dominating in his first NCAA year as a 17 year old, but the year before wasn't nearly as impressive with the USNTDP the year before, So was it a fluke year or is he this good...I'll take the latter.

8. F Robby Schremp: The things he does with the puck are amazing, and his all around game is improving, He's not a headcase! Wont fall far.

9. F Alexandre Picard: I see flashes of Iginla when I watch his playoff performances. Could be a surprise top 10 selection. Basically same skill level, with alot more heart and power game. Goes to the net as hard as anybody. Very mature in his game.

10. F Alexander Radulov: Only seen him once, and it was a show, but I hear some bad things about his charector and the ability to play every night. Gamebreaking skill and mind set, this years Thomas Vanek?

11. G Marek Schwarz...I expect him to go higher, in a trade....SOme people dislike him because they only saw him that one game vs Canada...He stood on his head the next day vs Finlad I remember....He's the real deal. Best goalie in the draft.

12. F Wojtek Wolski: Soft as butter, but as illusive as butter to. He works hard, but he has no power game. Likely to go higher because of his upside, but he needs to bulk up considerbly, and try to use his frame...shows no interest in doing so. Perimeter player.

13. F Drew Stafford: Keith Tkachuk like IMO.... Doesnt have the elite skills the top guys do, but he works very hard, excels in the corners, plays defensive hockey, can skate very well, and goes to the net hard and has a solid shot with ability to make a play. Safe pick, could devolope into a monster or just a solid top six forward who brings size and ability to really muck it up. Built for the NHL.

14. F Kyle Chipchura I like what I hear about his charector, and it's not hard to see it on the ice. Always talking on the bench, setting up the play before the drop of the puck, sticks up for his teamates, and he's a fine hockey player to boot. A solid 2nd line player who well do more with his head then his physical abilities. He could be a playoff warrior down the road. He works so hard on the ice it motivates his teamates. Class act player with some good skill and size.

15. G Alvaro Montoya A cross between Marty Turco and Dan Cloutier, Montoya had a great freshman year, but his sophmore year he has been in a slump, his team hasnt been as strong in front of him though. Can't ignore what he did at the WJC's...even after being down by a couple in the Gold medal game, he held his fort, and he performed wonderfully all tournament long....Has some holes mechanically but has the intangibles you want in a goaltender.

16. D Ladislav Smid: Big, and very talented defensman who looked very good and not out of place at all with the Liberec seniors this season. Although he seems to not perform well when the spot light is on him. Judging by his junior stats he did very well down there and probally on the pp, but with the Czech seniors he seemed to panic and showed some poise problems on the PP witch you also saw at the WJC's.

17. D Wes O'Neil: I've seen this guy play more then anyone I ever have before a draft. I really see him devoloping into a shut down defensman. He's huge, skates very well, and is such a smart savvy player. Wont be a phsycial or high offensive player like Rob Blake, but could be the teams unsung hero year in year out..(Mike Rathje)

18. D Mike Green: Another fine defensman... This guy is a bull, he gets the job done in anyway he can....Also shows some offensive dimension to his game...played for a horrible team, but he always played well, and got lots and lots of ice time. He showed alot of passion on the ice. Great player..might go ahead of O'Neil, depends on if that team needs size or not.

19. F Lukas Kaspar.... Grossly underated Czech. He has the offensive tools and mind set to be a deadly player in the league, good size as well/

20. G Corey Schneider.... :bow: at the U-18's he had...wow....I saw him at the Gamblers camp this summer and he was stunning....Felt like I was watching Marc-Andre Fleury out there. Athletic goaltender....great stuff, but low competition level.

21. F Jakub Sindel: Another Czech.....Awesome offensivly gifted player, needs to add muscle and work at all around game....Made players his age look foolish at times this year...but his defensive game is almost non existant.

22. F David Bolland: Very smart player, very agressive, but he's not a big guy and hits like a small guy, but he has the heart of a lion, goes to the net very hard, and has awesome vision and the skills to do somthing with it.

23. D Andrej Meszaros: The most talented Slovak in the draft...was great for there international squad this year. Very intriguing player.

24. D Boris Valabik: I LOVE THIS GUY....He packs a punch with his shot and his ability to pass, but is to slow at the moment to think about NHL powerplay...but man he's scaring people on the OHL. He is the nastiest brute in the draft and he's huge.

25. D Oscar Hedman: IMO He's better then Fransson....Take to the bank. Hedman is the better all around player.

26. F Johannes Salmonsson: Underated because of injuries and underutilization at the WJC's. When he plays he's dang good. He has serious offensive skills, he plays physical and he is very smart defensivly and wont hurt his team.

27. F Bruce Graham: Size that is hard to contain, unless your Valabik lol.... Every time I saw Moncton to watch Bernier, he jumped out at me. Valabik has serious puck skills, I would like to see a nasty edge to him...the consensus thought is he could devolope into a Eric Daze or Handzus, but I could possibly see more production...Boom or bust because he aint going to shut down players like Keith Primeau.

28. D Johan Fransson: Very talented Swedish defensman....I like his mind set and the way he thinks the game threw, he always wants to do somthing when he's on the ice, somtimes to agressive with the puck and hurts the team. Problems can be fixed and coached out, but has holes. I'll take a defensman who can dominate defensivly over offensivly any day, but not many players can do what he can do.

29. F Carl Soderberg....Big, good skills, hell of a shot, and plays very well in the corners and defensivly. Plus he skates well. Sounds like the Sharks found are man :) lol

30. F Blake Wheeler: I've seen him, and he is somthign special. Big guys with such good skating ability and skill, and drive he has dont slip past the first round. He may be considered a reach because his low level of competition...Could be a huge steal.

31. D Kirill Lyamin: Underated, very....This is a very versitale defensman, great size as well. Reminds me of Brad Stuart. Should surprise many and move up this high.

32. F Lauri Korpikoski: I hate to over use it, but he's underated.... No hype whats so ever on these boards. Late bloomer has left me in awe. Great hockey player. Finland friends tell me he looked excelent this year.

33. G Devan Dubnyk: Still has Sean Burke like potential. I liked the way he played more a year ago. Devan still impressed for Canada at the U-18's and played solid some nights and great other nights for Kamloops.

34. F David Booth: Unerated and unherald player. Built like a tank, I hear he is a very high charector guy with an amazing work ethic. Skates so smooth and fast. Has good hands and can dangle somtimes. He seems to be more concentrated with the physical game then scoring a goal. Loves to get dirty and go in high traffic areas. Did I mention he has a mean streak?

35. F Roman Voloshenko: I like the way he disapears on the ice, and when he gets the puck, wammo it's in the net....awesome shot....but he also has alot of holes in his game and needs! to skate better....Rare to see such a poor skater from the Russian system.

36. D Roman Tesliuk .... Built for the NHL game. Awesome in his own zone, and no one seems to be able to beat him one on one...always has his head on a swivel. Offensive game is just starting to bud.

37. G David Shantz: Stood on his head for parts of the season for Mississauga, A goalie who is very very smart, and the teamates seem to love him and talk to him between whistles, Always in the right position it seems, lacks rebound control, but makes up for it with the ability to make up for it with a great scramble.

38. D Sami Lepisto: Very smart, very hard working player. Has some good skill, has exclent vision on the ice...a real general on the ice. Underated player wont get overlooked this time...He's a year older then most players so he could go later then this.

39. F Adam Pineault His size well be to much to ignore for some teams looking for that powerforward....big big upside. Used to be herald as a great player coming to Boston because he was dominating for the USNTDP...but this year was a very slow year for him. Should go to Moncton and learn from Steve Bernier ;) (shark refernce #4 lol) PIneault still can skate very well, has soft hands, likes to hit, he's agressive, but he seems to lack somthing mentaly. Needs to devolope. Time and patience well be key in making Adam a great powerforward IMO.

40. F Enver Lisin: Wow am I disapointed...Used to be on of my favroite players and I even though mabey he could slip into the top 10.... Sure Lisin can skate like no other and he has a nice shot....but he's so skinny! and he seems to lack a work ethic....I see no drive, no hustle, to willingness to take one for the team at times out of him. Didnt dominate a lower level of competition like most Top russian prospects do.

41. F Evan McGrath: His stock has fallen quite a bit. He's not as flashy as the kid we saw last year making us get out of are seets....but the rest of his game has shined...a much more responsible and mature player really shined when key teamates left for the WJC's..... McGrath game has changed, mabey for the better, but he has lost that offensive flair...still great at faceoffs, and his speed is a great asset. Very smart player.

42. F Petteri Nokelainen: Impressed me alot this year....I had to look at my hockey news to see who he was when watching a game on tv. He is a very hard working, go for it kind of player, He works very hard in the corners, skates pretty well. He also has great finishing skills and always looks for the open man. Contributes in all facets of the game. Great package but not elite.

43. G David Brown: I share the same thought with Redline, how was he not drafted! He made the Badgers look like a high school team this year, and he did the same to most other opponets. A very good goalie, who has rock solid mechanics, very fast legs, and great hands.

44. D Kyle Klubertanz.....A general on the ice....He is one of the smartest players in this draft.... He shows great awareness and vision for the offesnive game yet rarely gets caught out of position. A mean monster in front of his net...Has everything you could ask for in a defensman except a huge frame, and a WHL career. SLEEPER USHL PICK.

45. F Mikhail Yunkov: Such a skilled player who can do it at high speeds. Awesome player who has turned it up lately. But he seems to just lack the finishing ability.

46. F John Lammers: He worked out very well in Lethbridge this year. Very shifty, crafty player.... PUts on a show with his puck movement...Always thinking about the big play. Not shy to get agressive and use his body, he also plays solid defensive hockey when he isn't tired it seems.

47. F Geoff Paukovich: I've seen him play 3 times now and played with him at a camp in Michigan this year. AWESOME...He's huge...he has a slap shot that well scare goalies in the NHL even. He skates well, has a long nice stride... He likes to hit... But his hands can be like stone at times witch causes him to not be able to get to prime scoring areas. Big player with a few holes, but if he puts it together could be a machine. Great pick up in the 2nd round.

48. D Andy Rogers: He still has it..... He's huge, he skates very well, he has a great transition game. He plays very well in his own zone and has great positioning. Dont look at his numbers because you'll think he has no skill. He does! NHL teams well see this. COuld be a force.

49. F Ryan Garlock: Well built player, Gives a great effort night in night out. Has some scoring tools, but lacks creativiness with the puck. Not shooting for the sky with this pick but minimil upside, and could devolope into a great value for your team.

50. G Justin Peters: He is a very solid goalie. He's not very flashy aside from his glove side, but he almost gives you nothing low. Good value mid/late 2nd round.

51. F Martins Karsums: Scoring totals wouldve been higher if he was on a team with fewer great players. Karsums is a shifty and creative player. He has a great snap shot and wrist shot. He's agressive and works hard in his own zone...his defensive game needs alot of work though.

52. F Viktor Alexandrov: Very smart player, who plays every shift, ever game very hard. Lost some focus this year with his fathers passing..I'm still a big fan of his...He played a very smart two way game this year. Could be an all around, utility player that glues the others together....Alyn McCauley like. But he does have the hands and skating ability to take his game to the elite level, very intrigued by Viktor. One of my favroites.

53. F Bryan Bickell: Identity crisis. Last year he was a huge player, who didnt do much but try to set up the older players.... This year he's using that 6-4 frame in different ways. He's a hitting machine out there and plays with alot of Jam to his game. I like that about him, I dont like how he passes the puck so quickly, doesnt try to do much him self. Needs a boost of confidence or a coach telling him to shoot it and get a bit more greedy. Could just end up being a banger, but putting it all together you would have great results.

54. D Richard Demen-Willaume.....All around good defensman, has offensive game upside, and his defensive game has come along nicely...He's a big guy who likes to be physical. His physical ability is impressive, but he seems to lack awareness and poise at times. He skates very well for a 6-3 defensman.

55. F Vaclav Meidl: I covered this player very early and I still like him...but I see the holes in his game. He's a bit of a hot head, but he does stick up for his teamates. He threw the gloves down two times so far that i've seen and he won each contest....has great size, he can really skate smoothly, and he loves to hit. He controls the face off circle very well. Defensive zone coverage is lacking and doesnt have a finishers touch....Has good vision offensivly and likes to make the safe pass witch leads to good oppertunities.

56. D Jordan Smith: Very skilled defensman, solild size, Well built, very good positioning in his own zone, doesn't dominate but always makes the correct play it seems. Likes to get scrappy in front of his own net... Loves to try to skate it on his own, he has good vision and moves the puck well. He does get a bit to risky at times. Responds well to pressure and has a pretty good shot...likes to jump in the offensive play, but gets caughty out of position at times. A defensman who is smart in his own zone, but is a bit to risky and hurts the team at times. Shows good offensive upside.

57. F Juraj Gracik: 2nd best Slovak of this class. Has good size, and good skill. He packs a nasty punch. Loves the rough stuff, shows the edge you want in a big man. He lacks offesnive creativness and shows selfishesness. Has a good shot though....seems to put it low every time, Can score the occasional grabage goal, loves to be a force in front of the net. Hot headed temperment though. Loose cannon at times.

58. F Darin Olver, Saw him one time, So take it with a grain of salt, Showed exclent puck poise, QB'd the powerplay, Very skilled, very very fast, Great with the puck, Has ability to go end to end, Likes to play physical with an edge, but gets pushed around to easily. I actually mistaken him for a defensman at times, because of his strong play in his own zone, and the fact he ran the PP. Good friends have alot of faith in him and I have been hassled for not raising him on my board.

59. D Kyle Wharton: I saw two of his games....One he was just a decent defensman who seemed to know his role....2nd game I saw him he showed greatness. He could be the sleeper pick, thats why I put him in my top 60. Could be the Brent Burns of the draft..... The 2nd showing he had was awesome....He controled his own zone with authority and was being double shifted at times. Ottawa lost by two goals, but he was on the ice for the last 4 minutes, and he was making things happen...I love his drive and skill. He also has the frame you look for.

60. D Grant Lewis: Underated player playing at Dartmouth. He impressed me alot. He's big, he has good skating ability, loves to hit and really controls his own zone, his powerplay attack skills are impressive, really knows the game well and attacks the play with an agressive style with the puck. Has a hard shot but the accuracy was lacking.

Notes: Travis Zajac should be a early 2nd round pick, was not included, I never saw him play but the hype on him coming over to the NCAA is very high right now. Same boat for Kris Chukoo.

Last edited:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
58. D Darin Olver.....He's got solid size, but needs to add muscle. His game in his own zone isnt bad. He isnt very smart on positioning but makes up for it with scrappiness and very fast closing speed. Loves to go offensive, somtimes gets caught. Great at skating the puck end to end then making the play. Master at the hail mary pass witch wont work in the two line ruled NHL. Very accruate shot, and a deadly one timer. Shot does pack a punch. Very smart with good vision for the offensive game. Great offensive defensman who lacks size, and needs to be coached the ins and outs of the defensive game.

I don't know how you came up with this. Olver is a forward.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Good list- as good as anyone's but do you really think Dubnyk can become a GM despite his tender years, that Klubertanz' upside is Canadian major junior and that Fransson has suddenly changed his passport? Also, when for Wheeler you say: "I've seen him", are you implying that you haven't seen the others?

Needs some editing.

I like the Lisin report but surprised that Yemelin didn't make your list.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I agree that Lewis underrated. Most people are overlooking him (my guess is that since he's an Ivy Leaguer.....).

Brown was impressive earlier in the season, but if you saw any of Notre Dame's games down the stretch, Brown looked very average in many of those games. About the only game he actually looked really impressive in IMO was in that heartbreaking loss to Ohio State in the CCHA Playoffs.

Olver is a forward. He's a skinny kid, but he got good wheels and he makes things happen. I liked what I saw of him, but he really needs to add some weight.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Great job, Probably 1 of the best 2004 eligible players list out there on HF. I guess when THN's draft issue comes out on June 3rd, we'll see how your top 60 and theres compare.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Stasny is not in this draft, but good list over all., it's impossible to please everyone, and it's always fun to read others opinions. I am with you on Klubertanz, but I've only seen him once, but was very impressed.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
47. F Geoff Paukovich: I've seen him play 3 times now and played with him at a camp in Michigan this year. AWESOME...He's huge...he has a slap shot that well scare goalies in the NHL even. He skates well, has a long nice stride... He likes to hit... But his hands can be like stone at times witch causes him to not be able to get to prime scoring areas. Big player with a few holes, but if he puts it together could be a machine. Great pick up in the 2nd round.

He better say some smart things in his interviews if he wants to have a chance to be picked on the first day, nevermind the second round. This kid has an off-ice history that should scare every team in the league. If I was a GM I wouldn't even consider picking him. He is bad press waiting to happen, just ask the Tri-City Storm. I wonder if his probation officer will let him go to Carolina for the draft :) He would be in jail right now if he were an adult.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Montoya

I'm curious to know how Montoya struggled this year. I know Michigan's team struggled late in the first half of the season and really turned up the heat after winter break before cooling off again at the end of the regular season. But looking at Montoya's stats, his sophomore year he had a better GAA, better save percentage, and doubled his shutouts (6) all while, as you said, his team in front hasn't been as strong. AND he had to sit in the penalty box! How many other goalies have had to do that? :gman:

leafaholix*

Oscar Hedman is better then Johan Fransson?

Apparentely he's not... atleast according to the dudes that watch him play.

Goalies...

One tournament and Cory Schneider is ahead of Devan Dubnyk and David Shantz?

Kyle Woodlief?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Leafaholix said:
Oscar Hedman is better then Johan Fransson?

Apparentely he's not... atleast according to the dudes that watch him play.

Goalies...

Kyle Woodlief?

Yeah..

I don't want to accuse him and generalize, but this just looks like your average cut and paste list. I don't know. I don't care where you get your tapes, where you get your info, but I don't agree with a lot of your things here at all.

X-SHARKIE

I am not going to explain my self every post about this.

When I say I saw Wheeler, I did say that because not many people in here get to see Minnesota high school teams at all. I saw Wheeler this summer in a selects tournament that I participated in. So I know what he's like. Not many people in here see people high school hockey in Minnesota so I wanted to make it clear that I first hand have seen him play.

Also I did not know that Geoff Paukovich off ice issues, because he's a monster on the ice.

Steblick, Sorry for the typos.... I think you should know that I mean Sean Burke instead of Brian Burke, and sorry for saying Fransson is from some other country. Other then that thanks for your imformative coments :) lol

Edit: Where would I copy and paste this information from? Is there some secret website out there with the same coments and same top 60 that I magically found so I could copy and paste it and put it on here. Sick of it. Back to the draft please.

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Leafaholix said:

Kyle Woodlief?

I think a lot of people have had Schneider ahead of them pretty much all year. McKeen's for example.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Wharton 60th......lol Joke indeed.

Way too many things wrong here. It looks like you are trying to make controversy on these picks because there is noway the draft will go this way. Lisin in the 40's?

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
It is spelled "character". Sorry to point out spelling, but the word was used very often.

I wonder if the western boys get as much consideration as the Americans from you.
Guys like Fistric, Seitsonen, Funk, Carson, Schultz and Byers aren't no slouches.

X-SHARKIE

JasonMacIsaac said:

Way too many things wrong here. It looks like you are trying to make controversy on these picks because there is noway the draft will go this way. Lisin in the 40's?

Thanks for the spelling mistakes, I just learned today that their with a I means possesive...I'm getting there folks. Like I said, I cant see everbody...So there well be guys off the list.

Lisin in the 40's? I know....but when it came down to it, I kept saying to my self, I'll take him over Enver, I'll also take him, and him ect. ect. Lisin is likely a first round pick, but if I was the man in charge at a draft table...He wouldn't be my guy.

leafaholix*

Seachd said:
I think a lot of people have had Schneider ahead of them pretty much all year. McKeen's for example.
CSB...

Mid-term: 7th.
Final: 7th.

Montoya, Peters, Shantz, Dubnyk, and Lacosta have been ranked ahead of him on both lists.

I'll take CSB over McKeen's anyday... even though it's a total crapshoot.

X-SHARKIE

Leafaholix said:
CSB...

Mid-term: 7th.
Final: 7th.

Montoya, Peters, Shantz, Dubnyk, and Lacosta have been ranked ahead of him on both lists.

I'll take CSB over McKeen's anyday... even though it's a total crapshoot.

CSB is always been solid, but they still don't get some things right often...last year Dustin Brown was the #1 Ranked player in NA if i'm correct.
I"m telling you, Schneider is the real deal.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Thanks for the spelling mistakes, I just learned today that their with a I means possesive...I'm getting there folks. Like I said, I cant see everbody...So there well be guys off the list.

On the same line... will should be used instead of well when you want to use the future tense. Well is kind of a replacement for "good", or to introduce a new sentence.

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
Schneider has been a dominating player all year, and that tournament just showed he can dominate high levels of competition. He didnt just bleep up on my radar with that U-18's game....He's the real deal 1st round prospect.
He's been dominating HS hockey.

The last (US) HS goalie to go in the first round of the draft was Tom Barrasso, and he went 5th overall in 1983. He went 22-0-1, 10 Shutouts, and a 0.99 GAA the year he was drafted... played for team USA in the WJC and had a 5.14 GAA in 3 games.

One tournament doesn't make or break a player.

Schneider's not going to go in the top 30 because of one tournament.

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
CSB is always been solid, but they still don't get some things right often...last year Dustin Brown was the #1 Ranked player in NA if i'm correct.
He was ranked #2, behind Eric Staal.

I"m telling you, Schneider is the real deal.
Based on what?

20 games of HS Hockey against weak competition and one tournament playing half his games against weak-to-average teams like Belarus, Sweden, and Denmark don't make him "the real deal".

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:

You think Wharton should be higher? A lot of people seem to (including me) but 60th is by no means way out of line. I like Sharkie's note about his dominating play of late- Wharton REALLY came on in the 2nd half and playoffs. Lisin in the 40's is low but I agree with many that his stock has dropped- he reminds me of Rico Fata a little. I like the fact Sharkie is taking a chance here. All NHL lists will also have surprising ratings like this.

I think your criticisms (MacIsaac) are far too shrill and they make you look unaware as to what the latest developments are. Sharkie is more up-to-date than you IMO, no matter where he gets his info from.

By the way, I don't denigrate Sharkie for using tapes as a basis for comments- I have sometimes too and although it's not as useful as seeing a player live at all, it is still SOMETHING- it's just that when you (Sharkie) say "I've SEEN THIS player" it makes it sound like you HAVEN'T seen all the others.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
He's been dominating HS hockey.

The last (US) HS goalie to go in the first round of the draft was Tom Barrasso, and he went 5th overall in 1983. He went 22-0-1, 10 Shutouts, and a 0.99 GAA the year he was drafted... played for team USA in the WJC and had a 5.14 GAA in 3 games.

One tournament doesn't make or break a player.

Schneider's not going to go in the top 30 because of one tournament.

What else can Schneider do? He dominated HS and played extreemely well in ALL matches at the U18s. What more could you ask of him? Trust me, a LOT of teams will have him as 1st round material and one of the top 3 goalies. Most knowledgeable draftniks have him around there too.

Yeah- given his lack of high-level experience it is a risk but to say "Schneider won't go in the top 30 (because of whatever)" is being waaaaay too sure of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad