Post-Game Talk: x - KRY line brings back DRY memories

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Yeh effort is back since he was inserted back into the lineup. Just the results aren’t there like most of his stint here. But I could see him get red hot for us in the playoffs ala other hometown boy Pisani.
Yeah i think that nasty knee or leg injury he got in the play ins really affected him. He was great for us last season. I'd like to see them keep him in for more games before the playoffs, maybe he just needs more games to knock the rust off. He's not getting results yet but he looks like he's getting his mojo back.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I am trying not to get too excited about our 2nd line.. Man imagine if we had a larger useful upgrade on Kahun....

I want to see our 2nd line against MTL and see if they can possess the puck the same.

This RNH I am seeing? I would give him 6. He is engaged, He nailed Hughes to get the puck back in the corner.

He can be so much more useful when he plays like this. He isn't playing soft.
Yup I must admit I've liked what I've seen from Nuggie for the last 3 or 4 games. Coincidentally around the same time McLeod got in the lineup. Hmm. Hopefully he keeps it going.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man I wish I could share your positivity. I really soured on him after he mailed it in for the play ins. He was pathetic. I hope you're right tho. We need him to be that guy.
Whole team looked bad after Covid break. Oilers need a bit of runway to get going it seems. Wouldn’t read too much into the playins.... if we did we wouldn’t have given Bear a chance to recover and he’s recovered very well.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Whole team looked bad after Covid break. Oilers need a bit of runway to get going it seems. Wouldn’t read too much into the playins.... if we did we wouldn’t have given Bear a chance to recover and he’s recovered very well.
Yup true enough. We'll see what happens. If he doesn't live up to his contract after the playoffs, get rid of him in the offseason somehow.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I missed this game taking care of my little son. I did consider abandoning him, but I thought twice and missed the game...

Anyway, we all need to pause and enjoy this, with 5 games remaining in the season:

-- Of goalies with 10 or more games, Mike Smith is 7th-best in save percentage. Since he started playing this season, he has the 5th-best save percentage in the NHL. (And by the way, Koskinen is .913 since the end of January.)
-- Connor McDavid is 1st in points.
-- Connor McDavid is 1st in assists.
-- Connor McDavid is 2nd in goals.
-- Connor McDavid is 2nd in game-winning goals.
-- Leon Draisaitl is 2nd in points.
-- Leon Draisaitl is 2nd in assists.
-- Leon Draisaitl is 1st in plus/minus.
-- Darnell Nurse is 2nd in plus/minus.
-- Darnell Nurse is 2nd in goals by defencemen.
-- Darnell Nurse is 1st in even-strength goals by defencemen.
-- Tyson Barrie is 2nd in points by defencemen.
-- The Oilers are 1st in regulation wins in the NHL.
-- The Oilers are 1st in Power Plays in the NHL.
-- McDavid recently became the third NHL player in history to get 30 goals and 60 assists in his first fifty games of a season. The other two are Gretzky (nine times) and Lemieux.

By the way, another tidbit: In the past three seasons, Draisaitl has been on the ice for 141 Oilers' PP goals. Tonight they scored one with him on the bench -- only the 8th time that's happened in the past three years.

Last edited:

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Here's another good one:

Since January 30th, the Oilers are the 4th-best team in the NHL, ahead of Cup champs Tampa Bay. Since then, the Oilers are one of four clubs with a better than .710 percentage (the three ahead of them since then are Carolina, Colorado, and Vegas).

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pretty sloppy game from all but KRY line in the first.
Lots of jitters in the blueline.
PP once again wins this for us but there is a lot that needs to be cleaned up.

Loved the opening of flood gates in 2nd and protecting the lead mature game in the 3rd.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone in for a go fund me for JP and KY? Send both those kids to Oates and they are 30g scorers next year

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
This was the closest to a full game I've watched for a bit. Ennis really stood out for me. Maybe just haven't noticed him before. Great game. Go Oil.

Reactions: yukoner88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad