WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't like the muting but at least the USA censor was more forgiving then the FOX censor where you end up with whole sections of silence.

I think I'm more then fine with Cody winning with the help of the Codyvengers. 40th anniversary of Mania, potential end to a multi year title run, huge story with The Rock, let it be a crazy over booked mess of stars finally taking The Bloodline down a peg.

As long as Cody and Roman take equal damage from the interference and there is a finishing sequence that is purely 1 on 1, it can work more then fine and the crowd will eat it up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was bordering on complete shock and awe for me with how compelling it was. The Rocks presence came through the screen in such a profound way. It wasn’t anything groundbreaking in terms of the actual physicality of it, but the intensity of The Rock and the close up camera shots were so f***ing good.

Everything about that final segment was so different from how they normally end a show. For a few minutes it didn’t feel like a pro wrestling show at all. One of the best segments, and overall Raws in a very very long time.

Agreed. That part was a buzzkill. Let the crowds hype come alive. It adds so much to the show. Censoring the F bomb by the rock at the end I’m ok with.

It's why you want to avoid the law of diminishing returns. No one blades in WWE anymore so seeing Cody bleeding is shocking.

People generally don't talk and curse like Rock was during that segment so it was shocking.

Show definitely felt unique though. They were going hard with the different camera angles all night. Rock's entrance was really cool where he just walks out of the darkness, and that's a camera shot Dunn would never do.

And the Punk segment didn't feel scripted at all. Felt like 3 guys who hate each other just riffing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's why you want to avoid the law of diminishing returns. No one blades in WWE anymore so seeing Cody bleeding is shocking.

People generally don't talk and curse like Rock was during that segment so it was shocking.

Show definitely felt unique though. They were going hard with the different camera angles all night. Rock's entrance was really cool where he just walks out of the darkness, and that's a camera shot Dunn would never do.

And the Punk segment didn't feel scripted at all. Felt like 3 guys who hate each other just riffing.
They got permission to ad-lib:

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Has McIntyre gotten better on the mic? You could very clearly tell they were given some liberty to go off-script, and you'd think in that scenario Punk would really stick it to him, but Drew held his own quite well. Entertaining segment.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Has McIntyre gotten better on the mic? You could very clearly tell they were given some liberty to go off-script, and you'd think in that scenario Punk would really stick it to him, but Drew held his own quite well. Entertaining segment.
he's had some moments while Vince was still running things, but i don't think he's ever been given the opportunity to say it in his own words; contrast that with Cody whose promos are/sound poorly scripted.

still thinking of that rehab dig. that was pure gold

Last edited:
Reactions: BGDDYKWL

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think I'm more then fine with Cody winning with the help of the Codyvengers. 40th anniversary of Mania, potential end to a multi year title run, huge story with The Rock, let it be a crazy over booked mess of stars finally taking The Bloodline down a peg.

As long as Cody and Roman take equal damage from the interference and there is a finishing sequence that is purely 1 on 1, it can work more then fine and the crowd will eat it upup.
I said in an earlier post I'd be fine with the Avangers Endgame moment so long as Roman isn't touched. Let the dust and chaos settle and then give us another few minutes of Reigns 1 on 1 with Cody, now having no one left to save him. It can still have a clean finish. I trust HHH

Reactions: Jussi

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I'm starting to think it's possible he cashes in on GÜNTHER.
Still has to be Drew.

Drew beats Seth with Punk being special referee.

Priest comes down as Drew is finally celebrating in front of a crowd and cashes in, with Punk as the referee.

Drew looses his mind and now we have the Summerslam Match between Punk and Drew.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Still has to be Drew.

Drew beats Seth with Punk being special referee.

Priest comes down as Drew is finally celebrating in front of a crowd and cashes in, with Punk as the referee.

Drew looses his mind and now we have the Summerslam Match between Punk and Drew.
They already made it clear Punk is on commentary for the match.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, Punk won't be a ref at all. He's likely doing commentary.

You can't have your two title matches end in some sort of overbooked f***ery. We will see that with the Cody/Roman match.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They made it clear 13 days out. That is 13 days where things can change.
Despite what he showed in the segment, that brace isn't coming off in two weeks and it would limit his performance. Plus he also explained the logic for everyone. He would not be an impartial referee in that match, thus it's better for him to be on commentary.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Only criticism I have is that the build reminds me of WM 27 where it was Cena vs Miz but build up you would think it’s Rock Vs Cena. Difference is the build up has 10X more entertaining and I doubt the match will be a complete dud like Miz vs Cena.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Only criticism I have is that the build reminds me of WM 27 where it was Cena vs Miz but build up you would think it’s Rock Vs Cena. Difference is the build up has 10X more entertaining and I doubt the match will be a complete dud like Miz vs Cena.
Really solid comparison.

Miz v Cena was fine cuz I liked the Miz as the top heel at the time, but that match was a total filler main event and really just used to kickoff the Rock v Cena program.

Now, it's like the Roman v Cody match is being used specifically to kickoff a Rock v Cody program for Summerslam. Only now, Rock has been way more involved than he has been in the past and he's been near-perfect with every appearance

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
6EaFxka.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00