WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I really didn't expect Roman to feel like the odd one out of place in this Mania build.

Seth is doing just fine, got himself a hot feud. Cody and Rock are doing lots of compelling TV together.

Roman feels like an after thought. Tribal Chief needs to show up for work these last few shows.
His preferred work schedule does him no favours here. He feels like a second rate champion at this point because he is hardly around.

Reactions: Jussi

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Holy smokes they are absolutely COOKIN' heading into Mania. They're firing on all cylinders right now with quite a few hot storylines.

Who would have thought after that SD post Rumble that Rock would be the best thing I wrestling leading one of the hottest storylines WWE has had in years.

I can't remember the last time I actually skimmed through a RAW let alone watched most of the promos.

I wasn't sold on Drew vs Seth but Punk makes it very interesting. Beck vs Rhea should hopefully be a brawl

Reactions: Fro

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So we all just assumed Rock would screw over Roman and reveal he and Cody were working together, but their fued seems too personal and with the bloody belt to mama Rhodes thing I can't see them just being like "we got you Roman! We really had to make it look believable!" The beat down was pretty brutal.

Plus Cody vs Rock at Rumble (since Rock isn't available for SummerSlam) is a great 1 of 1 fued/match that they should go with. Keep Rock heel until he loses to a returning face Roman at WM41

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
So we all just assumed Rock would screw over Roman and reveal he and Cody were working together, but their fued seems too personal and with the bloody belt to mama Rhodes thing I can't see them just being like "we got you Roman! We really had to make it look believable!" The beat down was pretty brutal.

I wouldn't put it passed them to still go with that angle, but who knows, this whole storyline has been one big pivot that has paid dividends. You're probably right though, it's farfetched to have Rock and Cody working together now.

There is going to be a swerve somewhere, maybe Rock inadvertently screws Roman, costing him the title, or a Seth turn? We'll see, it's 100% going to be overbooked.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That was probably the best RAW I can actually remember watching. Looks like the end of the PG era.

I still can't handle them muting out the fans, though. That's a joke. The holy shit chants as Rock & Cody were facing off getting muted is f***ing lame. It just takes away from the moment. This shit can't get on Netflix fast enough.

I don't think Seth or The Rock will turn. Seth wants time off after Mania, I think. Wouldn't make much sense for Seth to turn and then f*** off for months. Just return a heel instead.

There was a little Easter egg at the end. The production truck was visible and the only two faces you could see on it were Stone Cold and John Cena. Someone on X picked up on this and it makes sense.

Reactions: Fro

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wouldn't put it passed them to still go with that angle, but who knows, this whole storyline has been one big pivot that has paid dividends. You're probably right though, it's farfetched to have Rock and Cody working together now.

There is going to be a swerve somewhere, maybe Rock inadvertently screws Roman, costing him the title, or a Seth turn? We'll see, it's 100% going to be overbooked.
They've put alot of time into the Cody and Rock stuff. Rock returning at the end of SummerSlam for a Cody confrontation could be good. Cody vs Rock should happen, but they may not want Rock losing before being pinned by Roman at WM41.

Rock is winning night 1 to keep him strong till Mania 41

Night 2 is def setting up for the Avengers Endgame moment. I'm fine with that as long as no one attacks Roman. Eie out al the interference and then have a panicked Roman fight Cody for another 5 minutes then have Cody pin him clean. It can be overbooked but still have the clean finish

Reactions: TheShape

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That was a great show. Top to bottom. The promos all felt raw and real, and added to the hype of Mania. The finish to the show of course, perfection

Reactions: The Gongshow

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That was a great show. Top to bottom. The promos all felt raw and real, and added to the hype of Mania. The finish to the show of course, perfection
Can't remember the last time a show ended with something like that where you're looking forward to the next one.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can't remember the last time a show ended with something like that where you're looking forward to the next one.
It was bordering on complete shock and awe for me with how compelling it was. The Rocks presence came through the screen in such a profound way. It wasn’t anything groundbreaking in terms of the actual physicality of it, but the intensity of The Rock and the close up camera shots were so f***ing good.

Everything about that final segment was so different from how they normally end a show. For a few minutes it didn’t feel like a pro wrestling show at all. One of the best segments, and overall Raws in a very very long time.

Just please, please don't have the mute button working overdrive on the RAW after Wrestlemania
Agreed. That part was a buzzkill. Let the crowds hype come alive. It adds so much to the show. Censoring the F bomb by the rock at the end I’m ok with.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Speaking of the Rock - he's going to start shooting a film called The Smashing Machine in Vancouver in late May. The film is about former UFC fighter Mark Kerr.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Busted open made a comment about seth when he was in gorilla with jey last night...did anyone catch anything?

Interesting now that I got home and found the clip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad