GDT: WWE TLC (16th December 2018)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Show was a mix of great and awful. But leading off with all the awful made me get really tired, really fast.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If Becky gets eliminated from the Rumble and does not win it, we are looking at a potential DB not winning the rumble moment.

I will say a triple threat is likely, but i'm holding out hope for a 1 on 1. Flair/Asuka II would be incredible. Ronda/Becky would bring the freaking house down. The crowd would be insane.

Ronda/Becky will be insane I agree (I could live with Charlotte included in a 3 way).

The biggest criteria for this feud though is upping Ronda's "badass" vibe. She's mostly been cast as the good guy, almost underdog lately, with the good story...been cast at the victim in the initial feud with Becky to survivor series, and then in the match with Charlotte....which is fine. We're still a long time away from mania. And it put both Becky and Charlotte over huge to take it so strongly to Ronda.

But Ronda is the baddest woman on the planet. She doesn't have to go heel per se - but she does have to go full badass beast between now and mania. She needs to own that. I think that's what will put the feud with her and Becky (and possibly Charlotte) over the top as worthy of mania main event. It should be built in a way that we question how in the world Becky (and maybe Charlotte) can possibly overcome Ronda - and it shouldn't be about Ronda getting revenge about things Becky/Charlotte pull on her in the feud.

Looking forward to it.

Can we talk about R-Truth being the 30th entrant in the Rumble?

Someone is definitely taking him out between now and then right? Black? Ciampa? Gargano?

God damn, it’s gonna be Lars isn’t it.

Inb4 Brock vs Lars at WM.

Yeah R Truth as #30 is very underwhelming. Heck even Carmella is underwhelming, though a bit less so (she's a bigger deal in women's division than he is in man's division).

I don't know if someone should take him out though. Kinda cheapens the whole MMC concept. Maybe in one of his "genius" moments, he trades his # away to someone, to set up a big surprise return at #30.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I love papa Hunter. :’)

Also, you already know Ronda vs. Becky is going to be a contender for rivalry of the year in 2019 if I do the Slammys again (lol at me saying I wouldn’t do them earlier in the year and still caved, although less in-depth)

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I really enjoyed the TLC main event match a ton.

Asuka was over as hell which is great. Charlotte looked like a complete heel and came off great in so many spots. Obviously they love Becky - no surprise there - but it was fantastic to see Asuka cheered so much. The show is always better when there are many talent at the top that are worthy of that spot, and all 3 came off looking great.

AJ/Bryan was also great. Really enjoyed it.

Ronda with another great match too.

Great ppv overall.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Ambrose/Rollins match sucked from bell to bell. They wrestled way too much for what was built. They should’ve brawled from start to finish. The finish fit but everything leading up to it was trash no matter how you analyze it. Fans chanting boring at this was surprising to me but not undeserved.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m a little surprised Becky hasn’t been whining and moaning all night on social media.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ended up skipping basically 90% of the show, watched the whole womens match though, it was fantastic

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I don't know, maybe I'm just becoming less of a smark and more of a mark in my old age but I enjoyed most of it.
Tag team triple threat should have been TLC but was still pretty good.
Slept through Rey and Orton.
Nattie vs Riott was cringe but at least it was a story line which is a step in the right direction. That and Nattie sucks.
Don't care about MacIntyre. Don't know why but I just don't.
I thought the whole Braun/Corbin thing was hilarious. Marked out when Heath took off the shirt and threw it at him.
I actually really enjoyed the Rhonda and Nia match. I thought both looked strong and the story was def there.
AJ and Bryan was awesome and I love Bryan as a heel. The fact that he slowed it down and seemed to be almost trying to bore the crowd was almost Jericho level.
Dean and Seth was pretty awesome. I love the story Dean was telling. Pushing and pushing Seth. And his style seemed completely off of what Seth would have planned for. It sold the story of Dean being a little crazy and unpredictable. Loved the fist being used to throw Seth over the edge and set him up for the Dirty Deeds. Agree on the knee being overdone. We get it. You hurt your knee. Also, I actually kinda enjoyed the back and forth between Renee and Graves. Hope it's leading somewhere though.
Loved the TLC match. Glad to see Asuka take it home. Love the build for Rousey, Charlotte and Baecky.

Sometimes it doesn't have to be about high adrenaline floppy floppy super spots. Sometimes a good story is fun.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So from WOR, Dave says that Charlotte only had the wind knocked out of her, and Vince was furious over the crowd reaction to the Ambrose/Rollins match

Reactions: The Apologist

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
don't get why rollins take the L here but i hope he moves. this feud sucks big time.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I only watched the main event and boy I'm so happy Asuka finally gets the belt, that was long due. Charlotte was a trooper, she took some serious hits yet she managed to deliver: when the table didn't break and Becky popped off of her, I thought she was done. I didn't particularly like the ending, when Charlotte moved to the ladder which was more distant from the belt, the selling to stop Becky just didn't work.

Now I expect Charlotte and Becky to face off Rhonda at WM and Asuka to feud with someone else for awhile.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That was the worst tlc ive ever seen.
The womens match the best of them all.I have never seen a tlc with out that many table ladders and chairs.
The Rollins /Ambrose match should have been a tlc...same with Rousey and Jaxx....garbage writting now with wwe..

Meh a great main event can make me forget all the garbage. But realistically that could be a year stealing PPV if they adjust 1-2 things.

1) Make Bar vs. New Day vs. Usos a TLC match. Slam dunk 4* match.

2) Adjust the card a bit. Rollins/Ambrose open instead of the spot they were given. I guarantee the crowd is hyped for it if it opens. Then the PPV builds with two awesome TLC matches.

Reactions: CPTN71

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So from WOR, Dave says that Charlotte only had the wind knocked out of her, and Vince was furious over the crowd reaction to the Ambrose/Rollins match

I'm not at all surprised that Vince once again has his head in the sand with regards to what the fans actually want to see.

What exactly was he expecting, since it was ultimately his call to put Ambrose over?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not at all surprised that Vince once again has his head in the sand with regards to what the fans actually want to see.

What exactly was he expecting, since it was ultimately his call to put Ambrose over?
Ambrose should've went over, the issue was the crowd defecating on the match itself.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rollins should 100% win the Men's Rumble and beat Lesnar at WrestleMania.

Becky should win, but if they set up a triple thread and have Ronda cost both Charlotte and Becky, then it would be whoever is facing Asuka. They could technically have Ronda cost Charlotte the Rumble, Becky fights her off, wins, but Charlotte still gets added to the match. Gives them a Triple Threat, and Becky still wins the Rumble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad