GDT: WWE TLC (16th December 2018)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One weird minnnnnnor takeaway from a women's TLC match is how much they struggle with setting up ladders/tables quickly. It definitely takes them a bit longer. It makes the stuff actually look heavy. Flair really struggled moving things around and that big ass ladder seemed to give all the women fits.

Feb 24, 2017
The WWE Special - C+. :laugh:

Just enough for you to say "okay.. not bad but not great. I feel okay."
Yeah, I’m ok with that haha
Both as a grade and having spent the time
I like seeing asuka with the belt after the James Ellsworth debacle, Becky got screwed(make believe), and Charlotte looking strong didn’t really hurt anyone else
So whatever
Bring on the weeklies

Reactions: ColePens

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Usos/New Day/The Bar -- ***1/2
Strowman/Corbin - DUD
Natalya/Riott - DUD
McIntyre/Balor - **1/2
Orton/Mysterio - **
Rousey/Jax - ***
Bryan/Styles - ****1/4
Rollins/Ambrose - *3/4
Asuka/Becky/Charlotte - ****1/2
Okay, Rollins vs Dean wasn't bad, it just paled in comparison to their usual matches. Closer to ***, an average match with two good performers, but nothing special.
Also, Nattie and Ruby was better than it's being given credit for. The booking on the table spots and the fatheads sucked, but the match itself was decent and put the feud to rest. **1/2
Rest is approximately agreed.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I agree with the first paragraph.

Wouldn't say Asuka is definitely the female competitor. Becky and Charlotte are right there with her imo

As far as in ring talent goes for me it's

Asuka
Charlotte
Becky

As far as overall abilities (Ring work, look, promo ability, charisma) I think Becky is #1 without a doubt. She's definitely the best character, and she's also very good in the ring as well. I don't think anybody has delivery as smooth as Asuka though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I give Rollins/Ambrose that rating because it was way too long and it falls on the same damn boring story trope of Rollins' knee at the end of the day. It's boring, it's the same thing all the time and it's just lazy. It went way too long too for what they were trying to tell.

They completely botched the entire rivalry, too.

Imagine how great it would have been if Rollins refused to fight Dean this entire way through, Ambrose won a quick match to advance the story and Rollins finally fought back and they tore the house down in their next match? The entire story was botched and the match and psychology behind it was botched too. That's just me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I give Rollins/Ambrose that rating because it was way too long and it falls on the same damn boring story trope of Rollins' knee at the end of the day. It's boring, it's the same thing all the time and it's just lazy. It went way too long too for what they were trying to tell.

They completely botched the entire rivalry, too.

Imagine how great it would have been if Rollins refused to fight Dean this entire way through, Ambrose won a quick match to advance the story and Rollins finally fought back and they tore the house down in their next match? The entire story was botched and the match and psychology behind it was botched too. That's just me.

Totally agree with that. The story of Seth just taking beatings and not willing to do anything would be so emotional and awesome. But you cannot rank matches based on your fantasy booking of it. Unless you are only providing subjective takes as opposed to objective. Wrestling fans can be quite FICKLE when dealing with ratings.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One weird minnnnnnor takeaway from a women's TLC match is how much they struggle with setting up ladders/tables quickly. It definitely takes them a bit longer. It makes the stuff actually look heavy. Flair really struggled moving things around and that big ass ladder seemed to give all the women fits.

The Total Divas episode where DB was helping Lana train for the Money In The Bank match, showed well how heavy those are and how much harder those are to move for women.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
As far as in ring talent goes for me it's

Asuka
Charlotte
Becky

As far as overall abilities (Ring work, look, promo ability, charisma) I think Becky is #1 without a doubt. She's definitely the best character, and she's also very good in the ring as well. I don't think anybody has delivery as smooth as Asuka though.
Ok I agree with you there, Asuka is smoother than the other two in the ring. I thought you talking all things considered

Reactions: TimeZone

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Totally agree with that. The story of Seth just taking beatings and not willing to do anything would be so emotional and awesome. But you cannot rank matches based on your fantasy booking of it. Unless you are only providing subjective takes as opposed to objective. Wrestling fans can be quite FICKLE when dealing with ratings.
Even objectively, it doesn't hit ** for me. It was boring to me. It was hardly entertaining, again, the psychology was lazy as hell and Ambrose's control points just bored me and he was in control for most of the match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The rivalry is just not engaging at all. Their feud after the Shield broke up the first time was 100x better.
They botched it from the first follow up week and it never recovered. They should have NEVER had Rollins be so aggressive right from the start. He should have been sympathetic and understanding and realized emotions were high, call Dean to the ring to work it out and be the brothers they are, only for Dean to attack him again.

Seth should have shown restraint the entire way, not wanting to fight his brother, until he finally hit his breaking point several weeks later. Pop would have been huge, story would have been completely different. Instead Dean became like every other heel because of the way they had Seth follow up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can we talk about R-Truth being the 30th entrant in the Rumble?

Someone is definitely taking him out between now and then right? Black? Ciampa? Gargano?

God damn, it’s gonna be Lars isn’t it.

Inb4 Brock vs Lars at WM.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Main event was outstanding, but other than that a somewhat disappointing event...

Usos/New Day/Bar was good but we've just seen it about 100x too many for me to care.

McIntyre/Balor had every right to be really good but was bad.

Styles/Bryan was good, but they have much better matches between them out there. If they go again, I want to see a match of the year.

There's no fixing the fact that Nia Jax sucks, Rousey is not the level of wrestler that can make her look bearable.

Rollins/Ambrose is the most wasted feud in a long time. Could have been a WM main event level feud, now I just want it to end.

Main event was played perfectly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They don't need another triple threat. That's 2 we've seen already, and they've already done it at Wrestlemania once before.

Also,

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
That was the worst tlc ive ever seen.
The womens match the best of them all.I have never seen a tlc with out that many table ladders and chairs.
The Rollins /Ambrose match should have been a tlc...same with Rousey and Jaxx....garbage writting now with wwe..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad