GDT: WWE TLC (16th December 2018)

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Charlotte has no business in the Ronda/Becky match. I know they are setting the story that way, but it sucks. Close the Charlotte feud at the Rumble while Becks wins the Rumble.

People won't Becky vs Ronda, no one cares about Charlotte in that spot. Let her fight Asuka at Mania. It would give us two very good title matches.

WWE cannot heat an Asuka/Charlotte feud for more than a month. Asuka can't cut promos and Charlotte is cringe. In ring, it will be a great match.

The problem is there is no one on the SD roster of the women who's legit right now.

I don't like the three way Mania main event, but I will live with it as long as Becky gets in there. They are absolutely going to need her to keep the crowd from shitting all over it and heading for the exits. It also feeds Becky's fuel that no matter what, Charlotte gets handed everything.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
WWE cannot heat an Asuka/Charlotte feud for more than a month. Asuka can't cut promos and Charlotte is cringe. In ring, it will be a great match.

The problem is there is no one on the SD roster of the women who's legit right now.

I don't like the three way Mania main event, but I will live with it as long as Becky gets in there. They are absolutely going to need her to keep the crowd from ****ting all over it and heading for the exits. It also feeds Becky's fuel that no matter what, Charlotte gets handed everything.

If Becky doesn't win the Rumble, the crowd will shit on the rest of the show (unless the women's rumble closes).

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I just rewatched the ending where scrunchy-faced Ronda came out and pushed the ladder over. Kind of a bad sell by both Becky and Charlotte, landing on their feet before crumpling down to the mat and rolling out of the ring. Basically they took the bump in a way that didn't look as nearly bad as they sold it.....like, by landing on their feet they could've both rushed Ronda and not let her get away, but that didn't happen. :laugh:

Also not sure why they were on the ladder NEXT to the ladder under the belt, unless it was specifically for that spot. Which is lazy match writing, IMO. Not to ruin Asuka's golden moment, obviously, I'm still glad she won, but they could've written a better ending.

Reactions: Fighter

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Only caught the show from Orton-Mysterio and on...

Needless to say the only match I truly liked/cared about/watched attentively was the main event.

The last few TLCs I've found myself wishing they did more matches with actual TLC rules ... or at least more higher main card matches with the TLC rules.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I just rewatched the ending where scrunchy-faced Ronda came out and pushed the ladder over. Kind of a bad sell by both Becky and Charlotte, landing on their feet before crumpling down to the mat and rolling out of the ring. Basically they took the bump in a way that didn't look as nearly bad as they sold it.....like, by landing on their feet they could've both rushed Ronda and not let her get away, but that didn't happen. :laugh:

Also not sure why they were on the ladder NEXT to the ladder under the belt, unless it was specifically for that spot. Which is lazy match writing, IMO. Not to ruin Asuka's golden moment, obviously, I'm still glad she won, but they could've written a better ending.

The only other place they had to go was the floor. You cannot ask them to take that bump, especially with no table out there and what they had so far.

Reactions: Sami Salo

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I don't like the three way Mania main event, but I will live with it as long as Becky gets in there. They are absolutely going to need her to keep the crowd from ****ting all over it and heading for the exits. It also feeds Becky's fuel that no matter what, Charlotte gets handed everything.

Asuka should get a rando at the Rumble. Flair/Becky should fight one another and start going to Raw to fight Ronda but constantly get kicked out. A little mini Flair/Becky match to set up who gets #1 and who gets #29 in the Rumble. Asuka beats up someone. Becky wins the Rumble, chooses Ronda. Flair wins Elimination Chamber to face Asuka at WM. No promos need to be had until after EC.

Is Elimination Chamber even a thing anymore?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Asuka should get a rando at the Rumble. Flair/Becky should fight one another and start going to Raw to fight Ronda but constantly get kicked out. A little mini Flair/Becky match to set up who gets #1 and who gets #29 in the Rumble. Asuka beats up someone. Becky wins the Rumble, chooses Ronda. Flair wins Elimination Chamber to face Asuka at WM. No promos need to be had until after EC.

Is Elimination Chamber even a thing anymore?

Yeah, there is a woman's elimination match too now.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The only other place they had to go was the floor. You cannot ask them to take that bump, especially with no table out there and what they had so far.

Oh definitely, that would've been a very risky spot with a table. Without a table it's damn near suicide. It just looked goofy, is all, the way they both softened their landings but then sold it long enough for Asuka to win.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dean/Seth wasn’t any good though. Still have to watch the main event.

Seriously though how is that the match you have between Dean and Seth? Especially when Dean turned the night Roman admitted he had cancer. This should be the bloodiest of blood feuds. Just disappointing like this entire feud has been.

Rest of the show sucked ass minus two matches.

AJ/DB was great. DB is really killing it right now. AJ pretty much never has a bad match.

Main event rocked. What more can you say? Also no one is ready for Asuka! Feels great to see Asuka being pushed again.

Though they will get a lot of time on Botchamania for talking too much. Prime John Cena levels of spot yelling.

Edit: also does anyone else feel like the women hit each other way harder with the weapons then the men? Some of those chair and kendo shots looked real nasty. The bumps were extra crazy. Plus yeah did they forget to gimmick the tables?

RAW should be canceled and replaced with an all women’s show. It would be 1000x better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Kelly

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
1000000000% agree. Plus Ronda cost them so it makes perfect sense.

If our final goal is wanting Becky/Ronda as a WM Main Event. Folks... we are getting it. This is our path. This is the right thing.

This... is awesome.

Damn right. Also Asuka really deserved the belt. She should have won it all the way back in Mania.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
the Bryan/A. J. match was great, the Asuka/Flair/Lynch match was good, the Balor/McIntyre match was good, the rest....meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad