GDT: WWE Survivor Series (18th November 2018)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
To bury Smackdown like that is incredibly stupid. If they had let Bryan tap Lesnar, it would've saved face but nah. Also, Bryan is either concussed or the best seller of all time. Holy shit was that convincing.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
That was pretty much what I expected. Bryan getting killed for a while, rallies looks about to win, gets beat as soon as Brock takes back control.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is there any chance this clean sweep leads to a SD storyline? If not it's just dumb.

Could it be like a revolt angle?

Shane spouts off about how he had to win the Crown Jewel Tourny for the roster, and how he was the last man standing for the roster, yadda yadda yadda and some sort of revolt or angle happens?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah I don't get the whole Bryan being heel thing but apparently he asked Vince for this, and since SS is a one night thing it doesn't really matter who's face or heel

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Could it be like a revolt angle?

Shane spouts off about how he had to win the Crown Jewel Tourny for the roster, and how he was the last man standing for the roster, yadda yadda yadda and some sort of revolt or angle happens?

I hope it leads to an angle but knowing WWE nothing will come from it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean, they turned Bryan heel on Tuesday, but tonight, they built a LOT of sympathy for him. Makes no sense.

That is what threw me off, too. The beginning he was doing heel stuff, then they basically made him the babyface comeback sympathy story. I question why I even watch shit like this tonight when NXT was so good. 2.5 hours was all I needed. The only saving grace of this entire PPV was Flair, but in the end it's going to only stop the thing we ALL want to see - Becky vs. Rousey WM35 main event.

So, IMO, brutal night. :laugh: Not only that - why would people tune into SD now? Why is AJ left off a card after you let him wrestle night in/night out for you? It's just brutal stuff, IMO. Especially when the 2.5 hours of NXT is just brilliance.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’ll rate the three matches I saw

Men’s Elim Tag- 2.5*
Ronda/Charlotte- 4.75*
Brock/Bryan- 4*

I’ve heard Rollins/Nak and Cruisers were must watch matches as well

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And for f***'s sake what in the world does a clean sweep for Raw do? Corbin gets to be GM? Cool. :laugh: Why would they sweep?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This happened with AJ. This happened with Reigns. And since the guy fights like 4 total people.. yeah, I'd say it's typical.
the typical Lesnar match is just suplex city, very little offense in on him, he no sells, and then wins.

The only outliers have been Styles and Bryan. I don't even recall Roman getting this much offense in on him in a single match and Brock selling like that. Forget about Strowman, Lesnar gives him nothing at all... ever.

Lesnar can still work a hell of a match and sell his ass off. Lesnar/Bryan was super fun imo.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That is what threw me off, too. The beginning he was doing heel stuff, then they basically made him the babyface comeback sympathy story. I question why I even watch **** like this tonight when NXT was so good. 2.5 hours was all I needed. The only saving grace of this entire PPV was Flair, but in the end it's going to only stop the thing we ALL want to see - Becky vs. Rousey WM35 main event.

So, IMO, brutal night. :laugh: Not only that - why would people tune into SD now? Why is AJ left off a card after you let him wrestle night in/night out for you? It's just brutal stuff, IMO. Especially when the 2.5 hours of NXT is just brilliance.

At this point, one has to hope Vince dies (I feel terrible for even writing it) or moves permanently to the XFL.

I listen to Bruce Prichard's podcast every week and it is pretty obvious that Vince is crazy. Bruce won't bury him, but you can get the crazy vide from the stories. Vince is just disconnected from the real world. He lives in his bubble.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That is what threw me off, too. The beginning he was doing heel stuff, then they basically made him the babyface comeback sympathy story. I question why I even watch **** like this tonight when NXT was so good. 2.5 hours was all I needed. The only saving grace of this entire PPV was Flair, but in the end it's going to only stop the thing we ALL want to see - Becky vs. Rousey WM35 main event.
Idk I think the match and that ending did a great job at making me wanna see Ronda/Charlotte II, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if that ended was intended for Becky as well but maybe they are sticking with Ronda/Charlotte at Mania, this story clearly isn't over.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If they turn Bryan heel and stick Heyman with him, the sky is the limit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad