GDT: WWE Survivor Series (18th November 2018)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You'll get Ronda vs Charlotte 2 and you will like it god damn it!

Yeah, it would suck to see another nearly 5* match.

Becky-Ronda will be awesome, we have no idea what the plan is, so no sense in bitching right now.

I think we’ll be seeing Horsewomen vs Horsewomen at WrestleMania anyway IMO

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I wasn't really impressed by the Ronda-Charlotte match bell-to-bell. It was pretty sloppy throughout. Charlotte beating the crap out of her after the match was certainly a good show.

Reactions: KIRK

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, it would suck to see another nearly 5* match.

Becky-Ronda will be awesome, we have no idea what the plan is, so no sense in *****ing right now.

I think we’ll be seeing Horsewomen vs Horsewomen at WrestleMania anyway IMO

It definitely was a great match. People want Becky vs Charlotte though. I do agree with you though,I feel like we are going to get the Horsewomen thing at WM. That's a shame though, Becky vs Ronda would be an awesome main event. We'll see, I guess.

Reactions: KIRK

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Women's Tag - **
Rollins/Nakamura - ***
AOP/Bar - STUPID
Murphy/Ali - ****
Men's Tag - **1/2
Charlotte/Ronda - ***1/2
Lesnar/Bryan - ****

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You'll get Ronda vs Charlotte 2 and you will like it god damn it!
I don't mind getting a second match but I'm now worried there's a new end-game. Or was that going to be the end of Wrestlemania? The end should be Becky beating Ronda. Maybe Charlotte takes the title off Becky and they do an actual champion vs. champion at the Rumble. If you're going 4HW vs 4HW, Ronda should beat Sasha and Bayley on the way to Becky.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Not a huge fan of that show. Doesn't help that they had to follow last night's masterclass. Becky wouldn't have changed that, cause the replacement match was probably the most interesting part of the show.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm glad they had Lesnar actually work a match with Bryan. That was refreshing.

I couldn't believe that first german though. That was gross.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don't mind getting a second match but I'm now worried there's a new end-game. Or was that going to be the end of Wrestlemania? The end should be Becky beating Ronda. Maybe Charlotte takes the title off Becky and they do an actual champion vs. champion at the Rumble. If you're going 4HW vs 4HW, Ronda should beat Sasha and Bayley on the way to Becky.

Vince saw Charley actually get a reaction for the first time in months and now he's changed his mind I bet. I said this would happen on Wednesday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm glad they had Lesnar actually work a match with Bryan. That was refreshing.

I couldn't believe that first german though. That was gross.
Yeah he landed right on his head. They did a second one but I don’t think there was any more Germans after that, he went to belly-to-back

Vince saw Charley actually get a reaction for the first time in months and now he's changed his mind I bet. I said this would happen on Wednesday.

Ugh, Becky’s gonna drop the title back to her.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Pre-Show match was fun for what it was, considering it was always gonna be a mess til teams started dropping. Disappointed to have Sanity job, cause I was hoping they'd be the next title challengers, but the Usos are money. And I the Kalisto injury wasn't a work, props to Gran Metalik for stepping up.

Women's match was actually pretty good (except for the end), especially Sasha/Asuka.

Rollins/Nakamura was probably the best in-ring match, but nothing more to it. It does make me hopeful that Nakamura's still got it. Maybe they'll let him and his title back on TV now. Dean getting a title match at TLC makes no sense.

AoP do nothing for me, sorry. War Raiders do the same shtick far better (they also have ten years each on them, so hopefully they start working to that level). Making Maverick look like a dork is stupid, unless they're ditching him tomorrow.

Cruiserweight was good, but disappointing, cause I know they can do so much better. I'm conflicted on Murphy's future, cause he could be a real star on the main roster, but they'd probably just ruin him.

The men's SS was the big dud for me. Balor vs. Rey was the only thing I liked. I rewatched the 2016 match a week ago, and it was so good, probably cause Braun didn't just squash everyone. It just kills the excitement and makes everyone else look dumb. I can see the issues people have with it, but Drew squashing Joe was a cool setup for him to clean house. Except he didn't do anything for the rest of match. I don't hate Shane doing his thing, but I hate Team Smackdown centering on them setting up his spots. Oh, and apparently Bobby Lashley was in this?

The women's match was great, and further proof that blood makes any match better. I liked the in-ring story a lot. Ronda's opponents so far have been a non-wrestler, Nia f***ing Jax, Alexa in the role of a chickenshit heel, and a relic of the divas era. Charlotte was her first opponent playing the role of a "normal wrestler", an especially flexible one at that. Watching Charlotte squirm out of all the holds was really interesting. Not sure what to make of the ending, but excited to see where it goes.

Main event was okay. I'm not as big on DB as most people, but I did love everyone being worked into thinking they're just gonna legit kill him.

I guess it wasn't horrible overall. Just disappointing and not doing enough for me in terms of storybuilding. And not enough Orton.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lesnar/Bryan at 18+ mins is the longest match Lesnar's had with a full-time member of the roster since Summerslam 2013, I believe.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
You know, I'm wondering if this Lesnar actually working a match and selling has less to do with respect for DB and more to do with new terms negotiated into his his contract extension. You have to admit his matches have been different since then.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lesnar worked and sold for AJ and Joe as well. It was nearly the exact same match as well with the same sneaky F5 finish. Its still boring and predictable. At some point someone has to actually win one of these matches for it to feel like it matters. It doesnt Work when Brock’s loses are telegraphed for the heir apparent.

The only person Brock doesn’t seem to want to work and sell for is Strowman.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
errr, so it's 3-0 Raw. Is Survivor Series over?

why aren't they counting the tag match on the pre-show again? lol, there's three matches left, so if SD won them all, the night ends 3-3. :laugh:

Dumbasses.

Bury the tag division. Per usual.

this show had some good stuff, but overall sucked. CWs put on an awesome match. Ronnie and Charlotte was good. Brock and DB was ok if not predictable. Good on DB for tricking me into caring though.

Rest was shit. Putting Jax over like that is dumb. She doesn’t have the good kind of heat right now. They keep booking Sasha and Bayley morons. I wish they were heels on Smackdown.

The men’s tag was stupid, and they have almost entirely worn out Braun’s heat. People don’t really care anymore.

The tag title match? Yeah less said the better.

Seth/Nakamura was ok...just ok.

Need to go watch Takeover tomorrow and wash the taste out of my mouth.

Show also needed the man.

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tag match on the pre-show was booked in error which is why it didn’t count. No one told whoever put the match together that Raw was supposed to win.

Reactions: Fro

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I see how they are going to try to get Rhonda over. They want to make Nia the most hated woman in company history. They're not going to hide the fact she injured Becky, they had her squash Asuka, she's going to squash Ember every single week on Raw, and Ronnie is going to be the savior (probably at RR) there to force Nia to atone for her sins.

The fans are going to have to cheer for Rousey just because she's going against Nia, and that's how they keep her face for WM

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ronda was over. She probably still is over. Problem is that Becky is over to an astronomical level and is who people want to be the one to beat Ronda which is why they were chanting for her.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Tag match on the pre-show was booked in error which is why it didn’t count. No one told whoever put the match together that Raw was supposed to win.
I figured as such.

It felt like “well, we want Raw to sweep the night, but we want The Usos to go over, so we’ll just pretend like it doesn’t count.”

For the better. The Usos should be set up for the tag titles again, thankfully.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm not going to fully judge this show until I see the fallout from the shows this week. This was a show to setup the stories leading to TLC and the Rumble. You can't really storyline these cross-brand matches. At first blush, the show was okay...not going to rip it because Takeover was so damn good the night before. The end of the card was entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad