GDT: WWE Survivor Series (18th November 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Thank god for that producer. Seriously. Look at SD’s tag division and Raw’s tag division. Usos are light years more credible than any tag team on Raw. Combine them with The New Day and you’re telling me the Raw tag division was supposed to somehow win? Gtfo lmfao

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thank god for that producer. Seriously. Look at SD’s tag division and Raw’s tag division. Usos are light years more credible than any tag team on Raw. Combine them with The New Day and you’re telling me the Raw tag division was supposed to somehow win? Gtfo lmfao

None of it really mattered. In fact, because of the error, it mattered even less

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
if Revival pins every team yes. cuz theyre the best team of the bunch.
They really aren’t. I really don’t see how anyone can say The Usos aren’t the best team in the division, and the best team in a decade+. They’re going to go down as one of the GOAT teams, if they aren’t already in that conversation.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Uso's are probably the best of a very, very weak division. I'd agree with that.

I can't agree with them being in GOAT category though, lol.

Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i prefer wrestling over a nice promo, uce.
And The Usos have constantly great matches, along with great promos and maintain being over even when they’re put on the back burner (after BB feud). The Revival can’t say that.

The Revival are great, but I don’t think a single team on the Raw roster touches The Usos or even The New Day at this point.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean the Revival was putting great matches with Enzo and Cass.... sadly they get booked like shit. but doesnt change my perception on their talent.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
They really aren’t. I really don’t see how anyone can say The Usos aren’t the best team in the division, and the best team in a decade+. They’re going to go down as one of the GOAT teams, if they aren’t already in that conversation.

Revisionist history tbh

The Usos had a really, really long stretch where they were bland, lame and boring. Just because they've been good the last 1-2 years as "heels" doesn't mean their shitty period went away.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
And The Usos have constantly great matches, along with great promos and maintain being over even when they’re put on the back burner (after BB feud). The Revival can’t say that.

The Revival are great, but I don’t think a single team on the Raw roster touches The Usos or even The New Day at this point.

That's more an indictment of Creative, though, and not the tag teams themselves.

Hell, the Ascension were jobbed out in their debut, fed to the old guard, and they never recovered.

Maybe the rest would start showing more promise if they were given more airtime and not comedy bits like Roode/Gable or B-Team. AoP can do some damage but it's impossible to take Maverick seriously, especially after what Creative had him do yesterday. :help: :shakehead

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The Uso's are probably the best of a very, very weak division. I'd agree with that.

I can't agree with them being in GOAT category though, lol.

The Smackdown tag division is better than it gets credit for. Gallows and Anderson never get used. The Colons are solid workers. Sanity had potential but has been jobbed out. Harper and Rowan are great despite the stupid name, but can't avoid the injury bug.

It's top heavy with the New Day, Usos and The Bar and those are the only teams getting time on TV.

Meanwhile the RAW tag team division stinks which is why they were perfectly fine with putting the tag belts in the Main Event feud for months because no one has credibility after the goddamn BTeam had the straps. I like Gable and Roode and The Revival but they are clearly comedy teams at this point.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Revisionist history tbh

The Usos had a really, really long stretch where they were bland, lame and boring. Just because they've been good the last 1-2 years as "heels" doesn't mean their ****ty period went away.
Even as bland babyfaces they were having great matches. Their series with Harper/Rowan, their peak blandness, can’t be forgotten.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Usos are the best all around tag team in the WWE right and seem to be among the better booked teams as well. Speaks to how bad the tag division is right now, really.

Reactions: Fro and TNT87

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Brutal honesty: People don't want to give the Usos credit because they're part of the Samoan dynasty that most fans thinks is over pushed, "They get pushed because of The Rock", etc. etc.

I'll fully admit that's why I've not always been a fan but it's hard to deny they are legit good.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Brutal honesty: People don't want to give the Usos credit because they're part of the Samoan dynasty that most fans thinks is over pushed, "They get pushed because of The Rock", etc. etc.

I'll fully admit that's why I've not always been a fan but it's hard to deny they are legit good.
This definitely plays a part and most people don’t even realize it.

The fact is they’ve been the main constant of the tag division for nearly a decade now, including the really dark time period in the late 2000s and early 2010s for tag team wrestling in WWE. They remained over (somehow), had constantly good matches, had good promos, they survived tag team division neglect, thrown together cup of coffee teams, they shifted their characters when they got stale, and when tag team wrestling got a new focus in WWE they constantly were THE best match on the card, the best, most unique promo on the card, and maintained their overness even after a really disappointing program with the BB earlier in the year.

Whatever it is, no one should be denying that The Usos are going to go down as one of the GOAT tag teams in the company when their careers are over.

And it’s not a slight on other teams. The New Day, The Revival, The Bar, all top tier. It’s not like there’s a huge discrepancy.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Even as bland babyfaces they were having great matches. Their series with Harper/Rowan, their peak blandness, can’t be forgotten.

So? They put on good matches. Almost the entire roster can do that now. Doesn't change the fact that my first instinct for YEARS was to change the channel when they came out. Once they stopped doing the stupid face paint, rocked an attitude...THEN they became the best tag team in the WWE. Up until then they were just a talented team who did nothing to capture my attention.

Plus they ruined Harper/Rowan but I suppose that's not their fault. They never should have gone over them.

I don't doubt they'll go down as a GOAT team but it's probably just a longevity thing really.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
They're good, but only good. They're not anything special.
thats what im arguing.

up to the gimmick changed i did not care.
new day feud and matches were fun. but i just enjoy other teams work much better. Revival in particular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad