WWE superstar Elias chirps the city of Toronto and the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Well he said those adults don't have kids so I literally have zero clues as to how to reconcile anything that proven ignoramus is trying to say when he literally contradicts himself ever single other post...

Yeah, their point doesn't match the data either. Maybe the linked article went more deeply into it, not sure. I mean who really cares, my sport/entertainment is better than yours is just a dumb argument anyways.

Reactions: VickAshley

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I don't get the stigma around wrestling. Yes, it's "fake" but that doesn't take away from it's entertainment. I loved the poster who brought up the UFC, as if there are no theatrics involved there, they are probably a huge Conor McGregor fan too. Also saw comments about the wrestlers being roid heads, and there was a time where steroids were a big problem, still could be, I couldn't tell you anymore but the wrestlers are so much more than that. I'd rather sit down and listen to your average WWE wrestler speak than your average NHL player, many of those guys are very intelligent people. For the most part they have to be to have success, can't say the same for many other professional athletes.

Some people are just insecure.

By bashing wrestling and wrestling fans, they get some sort of empowerment. Sad, really.

And yeah, if you're a McGregor fan, you are a massive hypocrite if you bash wrestling's theatrics.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
LOL.

Leave it up to sensitive Leaf fans to get completely unnerved by Elias' WWE comments.

It's called a wrestling promo........and Elias is a 'heel' (bad guy).

Heels always rip on the home crowd to garner boos.

Calm down Toronto, lol.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
oh good joe dirte is back.

undertaker.jpg

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
Without reading all of this thread, why are people irked or triggered by this? He's a WWE heel, aka, a professional troll. As a Leafs fan and a wrestling... observer, I knew it was coming. Elias is actually kind of funny. Leaf fans get a bum rap because they treat the organization as sacrosanct sometimes. Take a joke, it's good for you. I know people like to defend their team, but this was all in good fun. And again, he's a WWE heel! He's doing his job! It's becoming a lost art of sorts.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Hmm, Hardly anyone is actually upset by this. Come on.. If they are, they likely don't give a shit about wrestling. Rival fans projecting their feelings onto Leaf fans again, I see.

Reactions: The Apologist

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Without reading all of this thread, why are people irked or triggered by this? He's a WWE heel, aka, a professional troll. As a Leafs fan and a wrestling... observer, I knew it was coming. Elias is actually kind of funny.

He's an excellent heel.

As brutal as WWE wrestling is right now, he's one of the few guys left that is entertaining.

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
We need a disclaimer at the top of every page that says there are very little Leafs fans in here.
Well, either way, it's par for the course. Every team with a chequered past gets ridiculed by a good heel. It's nothing worthy of protracted discussion.

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
He's an excellent heel.

As brutal as WWE wrestling is right now, he's one of the few guys left that is entertaining.
He's a bit of a throwback. The WWE is pretty bland nowadays but this guy is worth tuning in for. Not much on a WWE broadcast makes me laug anymore but Elias does.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
Samoa Joe is the best heel going right now. It's a good thing WWE fans don't have kids, because he'd never have time to get a promo done between tucking them all in.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
This thread in a nutshell:

OP: Wrestler REKTS the Leafs!
Poster 1: Wrestling sucks
Poster 2: LMAO LEAFS FANS SO TRIGGERED CALM DOWN
Leafs fan: What the hell
Poster 3: [reasonable debate about the legitimacy of WWE as entertainment]
Poster 4: Lmao wrestling is a joke
Poster 5: Leafs fans needs to calm down, its just a joke
Leafs fans: ...

21ByTorML12

Mar 31, 2013
Without reading all of this thread, why are people irked or triggered by this? He's a WWE heel, aka, a professional troll. As a Leafs fan and a wrestling... observer, I knew it was coming. Elias is actually kind of funny. Leaf fans get a bum rap because they treat the organization as sacrosanct sometimes. Take a joke, it's good for you. I know people like to defend their team, but this was all in good fun. And again, he's a WWE heel! He's doing his job! It's becoming a lost art of sorts.

Thread is comprised of people who dont watch wrestling saying they dont care and others asking why leaf fans are butt hurt = 26 pages and counting. Lets get this thing to part 2 is what i say.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
Based on the looks of some of the women in the crowd there, I apparently need to move to Toronto and become a wrestling fan. Some of those Toronto 8s are 14s where I live.

They're definitely just there to pick up their little brothers, assuming they can afford a car I mean. /s

Reactions: BonMorrison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad