WWE superstar Elias chirps the city of Toronto and the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Time to find out again how irrelevant wrestling is over the course of tens of posts.
He literally just admitted to watching who is in the crowds at WWE events claiming that the women are toothless even though earlier he said they don't have women at the events and then later said he has been out over a million times and never seen WWE.

What in the world?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
@CodeE @Scandale du Jour

tenor.gif

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It happens in every city. The local sports team is the easiest target.

Here's a guy in the ring with an Ottawa Senators jersey. (0:12)

It must be because the Senators are the greatest hockey city in the world.

Im not really caught up on wrestling. I must have missed the huge thread started over it though after it aired on a major show.

Also amazing they picked on the Sens with all the other major sporting teams there.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Great promo, then half the women’s division showed up and the segment went down the drain. I like most of the women’s division too, this was just a terrible segment

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't watch wrestling anymore (don't even know who this Elias fellow is)

But I will always remember this, one of my favorite sporting moments of my life.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
TBH, I haven't really watched it much since the late 90s early 2000s when I lived in a house at university with a bunch of wrestling fans.

It's definitely something that is more fun to watch in a group.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't get the stigma around wrestling. Yes, it's "fake" but that doesn't take away from it's entertainment. I loved the poster who brought up the UFC, as if there are no theatrics involved there, they are probably a huge Conor McGregor fan too. Also saw comments about the wrestlers being roid heads, and there was a time where steroids were a big problem, still could be, I couldn't tell you anymore but the wrestlers are so much more than that. I'd rather sit down and listen to your average WWE wrestler speak than your average NHL player, many of those guys are very intelligent people. For the most part they have to be to have success, can't say the same for many other professional athletes.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Okay you make a good point and I guess I was looking at the graph differently but my point still stands, most children do not make incomes so if it's actually factually true that most WWE fans are non-income making children then these demographics graphics are skewed to say the least!

I'd assume that graph is actually by household not by person. That's generally how they measure viewership income brackets. I think people are making some big assumptions but the data itself seems straightforward and matches what I think most people would expect.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I'd assume that graph is actually by household not by person. That's generally how they measure viewership income brackets. I think people are making some big assumptions but the data itself seems straightforward and matches what I think most people would expect.
Well he said those adults don't have kids so I literally have zero clues as to how to reconcile anything that proven ignoramus is trying to say when he literally contradicts himself ever single other post...

Reactions: CanadasTeam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad