WWE superstar Elias chirps the city of Toronto and the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It reminds me of that thread awhile back where something like 70% of this forum thought the average NHL player could beat an average NFL player in a fight. Hockey players are great athletes, and are probably toughest pound per pound for their size, but let's be real here, even a guy like Buff would get ragdolled by a lot of O and D Linemen.

The “goons” would obviously fair well but I’d we’re just talking 0-Line/D-Line vs Power forwards/Defensman I think I agree with you. I actually grew up boxing and I learned that anyone is 1 punch away from getting knocked out.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Awesome. Couldnt really see this happening in many cities.

Really does show how important hockey is to Toronto that the WWE would develop an angle about a heel getting heat over the Leafs.

Reactions: BonMorrison

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I seriously doubt that.

This thread is filling with a bunch of bad jokes, people hating on wrestling, and people defending wrestling. But his Leaf Nation outrage that you're speaking about simply doesn't exist.

Really? Go read the first few pages and also go on Twitter. I’m not making it up. The posts are here lol

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The outcome is not predetermined in Olympic events. Cheating scandals not included, of course.

You seem to be stubbornly clinging to an incredibly simplistic read of the situation and refusing to accept anything else. The outcome between the "winner" and "loser" is irrelevant. It's like deciding which move should end a figure skating routine or gymnastics floor show. The Olympic competition would be between countries.

So let's say team USA is AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan. AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan rehearse one match - bringing in psychology, athleticism, whatever it takes to impress the judges. Styles & Bryan then wrestle each other in front of the judges. No matter if Styles wins or Bryan wins, the judges are scoring the overall performance from both people working together. If the judges think Team USA deserves gold - Styles & Bryan both get gold medals. Not just the guy who won the match. Because wrestling isn't boxing or MMA where your opponent is working against you, instead your "opponent" works alongside you, with the goal of making both wrestlers look strong.

This really isn't that hard to understand dude like seriously.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Awesome. Couldnt really see this happening in many cities.

Really does show how important hockey is to Toronto that the WWE would develop an angle about a heel getting heat over the Leafs.

It happens in every city. The local sports team is the easiest target.

Here's a guy in the ring with an Ottawa Senators jersey. (0:12)

It must be because the Senators are the greatest hockey city in the world.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'm pretty critical of the WWE and most of their promos these days, and this promo was no different. Honestly haven't seen a good promo in the WWE since Sandow- don't watch wrestling much but follow it from afar.

Elias is pretty much a homeless man's Sandow.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It's funny some of these posters get all up in arms when the feel WWE is getting insulted. Them and their ilk are interesting characters.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
It's funny some of these posters get all up in arms when the feel WWE is getting insulted. Them and their ilk are interesting characters.
I think that people are actually more just trying to clarify the erroneous interpretation of the statistics that you kept posting on about over and over again even though literally 90% of your posts were proven wrong by them or even your own subsequent posts? And also maybe perhaps the fact that you went to post in a thread about WWE claiming that you've never heard of it.

Reactions: leeroggy

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Really? Go read the first few pages and also go on Twitter. I’m not making it up. The posts are here lol

There is like two fans. Social media is a cesspool.

This "LoL LeAF FaNs aRe bUtT hURT" is immature, just stop.

Reactions: ACC1224

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
How much (I mean little) moneys do you make and how many kids do you not have?
Oh I bet there are a few WWE fans with more than enough kids and baby mamas for the whole group.

It's those toothless women in the crowds that pop out their devil spawn.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
So how many nerds we got in this thread? Can we get a nerd alert in here before we enter? Almost ended up reading some nerdy posts.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I think that people are actually more just trying to clarify the erroneous interpretation of the statistics that you kept posting on about over and over again even though literally 90% of your posts were proven wrong by them or even your own subsequent posts? And also maybe perhaps the fact that you went to post in a thread about WWE claiming that you've never heard of it.

Proudly so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad