GDT: WWE Greatest Royal Rumble (27th April 2018) - No Girls Allowed!

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It was mostly random speculation. When the Heyman rumour started up, Meltzer reported that he was still going to be there. The break was speculated about, but it was never going to be an hour and was reported to be non-issue for the TV audience.

But you can't even joke about any leaks being found on a show that has Jericho on it lol. He's one of Meltzer's best guys.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jerry Lawler not being able to use the King gimmick came from himself. He said in an interview he wasn't sure if he'd be able to use it

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Didn't Reigns technically touch first? Since Lesnar was on top of the cage?
The rules are technically first person who's feet touch the arena floor... He definitely rolls off first too. For all the random ways they look for Kofi to survive the Royal Rumble, ESPECIALLY this year when he stepped on a plate of pancakes that was on the floor, you'd think that would happen in a steel cage match too...

I just want someone to take the title off Brock already so he can go away or at least go to his quarterly PPV match where the title just isn't involved. I was hoping Reigns would win just to finally get past that stage of WWE writing. Stop making this crap drag on for so long. Reigns better at least not be involved in the title picture for another year.

Reactions: ColePens

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Just finished the event, I actually really liked it. I was able to FFWD through crap I didn't want to see. Was way easier to get through a 50 man RR when you can skip to the next entrant quickly.

I actually really liked that they opened up potential controversy in the Reigns/Lesnar match.

WTF Saudis? Can you please stop moving around so f***ing much to answer your phone while seated in the hard camera area. That shit annoyed the hell out of me.

Overall, great event.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sami legit didn’t attend, though it hasn’t been confirmed if he didn’t go for his own beliefs, or if WWE told him to stay home to not offend the Saudis. Or if it had nothing to do with his Syrian heritage.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Brock was supposed to win. They just botched the finish with Roman rolling off first, an commentary had to scramble to cover.

Show was a botchy mess. Cass is another one lucky to not be hurt, though it looked like it was his fault and not Lasher’s.

Also despite the rumors asmultiple title changes to make this show important to continuity, there were none. They only filled a vacant title.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
When did the wrestlers actually fly out? The shows are always messy when they come back to TV from international tours, so this show being a mess isn't unexpected. Even if there were some very bad spots.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
When did the wrestlers actually fly out? The shows are always messy when they come back to TV from international tours, so this show being a mess isn't unexpected. Even if there were some very bad spots.

This was really messy. It looked like they did a small show in the capital so at least a couple of days.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sami legit didn’t attend, though it hasn’t been confirmed if he didn’t go for his own beliefs, or if WWE told him to stay home to not offend the Saudis. Or if it had nothing to do with his Syrian heritage.
If Sami refused to be on this show I totally commend him. If he was kept off the show so as not to offend the human garbage who paid for the show the company should be totally ashamed of itself (I mean, even more than they already should be).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I have no idea who we like on this board anymore.
More or less...

Aiden English
AJ Styles
Alexa Bliss
Authors of Pain
Andrade Almas
Asuka
Bayley
Becky Lynch
IIconics
Miztourage
The Bar
Chad Gable
Charlotte
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
The Revival
Drew Gulak
Drew McIntyre
Elias
Sanity
Breezango
Finn Balor
Harper
Uso's
Karl Anderson
Kevin Owens
Neville
Ronda Rousey
Riott Squad
Rusev
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks
Seth Rollins
Shelton Benjamin
Shinsuke Nakamura
The Miz

Hit or miss;
Strowman: His Big Show-like face turn is awful.
Matt Hardy: Sometimes really fun, singles matches generally suck.
Jeff Hardy: He's liked but I don't feel like people see him as a top guy anymore.
Dolph Ziggler: Gimmicks all over the place.
Cruisers: Everyone seems to like different people.
Bobby Roode: Why's he a face?
Tye Dillinger: Just cause I love him
The New Day: Pancakes...
Dean Ambrose: Depends on his work ethic that day

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Titus confirmed his slide was indeed a botch, but Vince lost his **** laughing so that is why they kept replaying it.

Obvious and I called it (im sure we all knew). It was like I could sense him in Cole's ear just losing his shit telling him to say it again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Obvious and I called it (im sure we all knew). It was like I could sense him in Cole's ear just losing his **** telling him to say it again.
I don't think Vince needed to be in Cole's ear for Graves and Cole to lose their shit over it. I rewinded my PVR like 5x to watch it again. Graves' laugh killed me cause he looked up from his monitor and saw it happen right in front of him. :laugh:

but yeah there's a report out there, Vince was almost in literal tears because of it and gave Titus a pat on the back and shook his hand when he came back backstage

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh I don’t think Vince was telling commentary what to do. He just ordered for the crew to keep playing the replay.

I don’t think Cole saw it the first time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cole was probably looking at his monitor, but Graves was totally looking into the ring and suddenly saw Titus go flying downwards and lost it since it wasn't shown on camera live. :laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Being said Sami wasn't allowed into the country. This show is the most sleazy disgusting thing this company has ever done. Worse than the Melanie Pillman interview the day after Brian died. Worse than continuing a show after Owen was killed in the ring. Worse than the crass exploitation of Eddie Guerrero's death. Worse than airing a thing with Undertaker inspired by Islamic terrorists beheading a journalist on the day of a terrorist atrocity in London. This is the absolute gutter.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This show isn’t even close to the “most sleazy disgusting thing this company has done”.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
This show isn’t even close to the “most sleazy disgusting thing this company has done”.

Yeah that would have to go to Vince handing out briefcases full of cash to avoid any investigation into the death of Snuka's girlfriend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad