GDT: WWE Greatest Royal Rumble (27th April 2018) - No Girls Allowed!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Kimi but we have seen the spots before where a guy is out the door and hands/arms are on the ground but the feet don't touch. And the announcers are screaming that the wrestler has a hold of his foot to make sure they don't touch. So when Reigns feet CLEARLY touch and Lesnar is on top of the cage, not touching, it's a bit of a strange thing to witness.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
I just rewatched the intro to the match from yesterday. And it's CLEARLY stated by the ring announcer that there are only four ways to win. Pinfall, submission, escape through the door or over the top. Stipulation that "both feet must hit the floor" for either escape to count for a win.

About two minutes into the match, Michael Cole reiterated the two feet touching the ground thing.

Here is from the pro wrestling wiki:

World Wrestling Entertainment currently uses the rule that there are four ways to win: Pinfall, submission, exiting through the door, or climbing over the top and down to the arena floor. For both of the latter, both the wrestler's feet must be planted firmly on the floor, or the escape doesn't count. Before this, however, most of WWE's cage matches could only be one via escape (leading to the "no disqualification" rule).

--

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I just find the whole situation to be odd.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
@Kimi but we have seen the spots before where a guy is out the door and hands/arms are on the ground but the feet don't touch. And the announcers are screaming that the wrestler has a hold of his foot to make sure they don't touch. So when Reigns feet CLEARLY touch and Lesnar is on top of the cage, not touching, it's a bit of a strange thing to witness.
Someone will have to clear my mind and go back and rewatch it, but No Way Out 2005. JBL vs. Big Show. Show walks out of the cage, JBL crawls out from under the ring after being put through it. Someone will have to rewatch to see if JBL’s feet technically got out from under the apron to touch the floor around the ring before Big Show stepped foot on it.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Michael Cole mentioned controversy due to the two feet stipulation after the match, I just watched it.

Roman should open the show Monday calling out Vince/HHH/Steph/Angle or whoever and demand it be looked at. If it's one of the heels, they should tell him to screw off and he goes apeshit while turning heel in the process.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I just find the whole situation to be odd.
It's not really odd. It's either going to be a storyline, or it isn't.

The most important thing to remember here is that you're watching WWE.

WWE don't write their shows with attention to detail, so you shouldn't watch for any. They also take into account history, so you shouldn't either. Nor do they care for consistency in rules, stipulations, or writing so you shouldn't expect any. And importantly their idea of subtlety is using a blunderbuss instead of a bazooka.

The best thing to do is just stop thinking about something that has no thought put into it. If something is important, they'll make it painfully obvious on Monday. Until then it's really not worth caring about.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Most of them were tweeting pictures of them watching the show, so there isn't any obvious evidence of objections.

Keep in mind that with Vince and everyone schmoozing around with royalty, that it meant Stephanie couldn't be there. And god damn, they make sure she's seen any time they can.

Sasha did make one tweet that seemed to be a sarcastic response to the propaganda video.

Also it isn’t just a weekend off. First paydays really do matter for the bottom lines. If they weren’t compensated then they lost money since there are no house shows.

More importantly is you are being told you can’t compete solely on the basis that you are a woman. No one is sitting at home thinking that sits well.

These women aren’t stupid though. They know they can’t pubically speak out about this or it puts their jobs in jeopardy. TV time and pushes vanish if they make waves and their isn’t a healthy indie scene to fall back on like top male talent can.

Reactions: sabremike

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
apparently wwe had a little people match booked for the pre-show between Hornswogle and Rob Araujo, but obviously never hapenned

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It's hilarious how in America almost no guy would catcall or whistle like that anymore when a regularly geared up diva appears on screen.

Haggard

High and Wide
Aug 15, 2005
Edmonton
Why the hell would they even have an event there with such bullcorn rules? No women? what is that caveman crap? I hope more talent calls them out for this garbage

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Like I said before, if you don't know about things, why comment?

Not everything that is done in North America is the way things should be.

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy that has no separation of church and state and no rights for many of its citizens. Over a quarter of Saudis live in poverty. Their government is outdated by centuries.

What do they do better than North American countries exactly?

I'm sure Saudi Arabia is great if you are a man born into a rich family. Not so much if you are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: GarbageGoal

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Like I said before, if you don't know about things, why comment?

Not everything that is done in North America is the way things should be.

Fair. I am from Canada but I've spent a few weeks (probably 8-9) in Saudi Arabia over the years. I've driven past a public execution and I've seen a woman slapped by her husband at a casual dinner for bringing him the wrong food. In Canada I've seen a Saudi woman I know come in with a bruised face the day after she shook my extended hand, which her husband happened to see and was visibly and verbally angry about. The way that Saudi Arabia treats women (among various other groups) is completely wrong compared to the way North America does it or pretty much any other decent place. There are encouraging signs going on in Saudi Arabia right now but they are in the absolute earliest of stages. As long as Saudi Arabia is making a legitimate effort (let's see about that) the country should be encouraged, but let's also not pretend that the country isn't completely backward in terms of basic human rights. People in North America in recent years love to erroneously complain about the hardships everyone and every group faces, but in Saudi Arabia that is actually the reality and it shouldn't be ignored.

I will step off my soap box now. If this is deemed inappropriate for the forum just delete it, but it is true.

I didn't watch this show but I've enjoyed the gifs that are out there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because Brock is at the top and draws.

No way they’re not going to have him hold the title longer than Punk
I think Brock will lose the title at MitB, the ending to the cage match leaves room for a 3rd match (unfortunately) due to Roman having a legit gripe that he didn't win. It will also make Lesnar's reign longer than that of Punk's

Why the hell would they even have an event there with such bullcorn rules? No women? what is that caveman crap? I hope more talent calls them out for this garbage
Why? Because they are a business and like it or not, businesses are about making money. As for Graves calling them out, I don't think that's what he was doing, it comes across to me like he is just being grateful for what we have in the Western World.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think Brock will lose the title at MitB, the ending to the cage match leaves room for a 3rd match (unfortunately) due to Roman having a legit gripe that he didn't win. It will also make Lesnar's reign longer than that of Punk's

Why? Because they are a business and like it or not, businesses are about making money. As for Graves calling them out, I don't think that's what he was doing, it comes across to me like he is just being grateful for what we have in the Western World.

I agree but hot dam.. HOW many chances can this guy get and HOW does he deserve them? :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Women as human beings is definitely one of the them.

Pretty much. Women could not buy their own tickets to this event. They were only allowed when chaperoned by the man who controls their life.

As for Bork and Roman. I can’t see how you can give Roman yet another chance here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree but hot dam.. HOW many chances can this guy get and HOW does he deserve them? :laugh:
If I had an answer for you, I would tell you. I'm not a Roman fan, but I also don't hate him; but at this point I don't care who wins the title, as long as it's off Brock. I am a firm believer than the title should be defended every 30 days.

The sad thing is, I think these two could actually put on a decent match if it were booked properly. Brock can do a hell of a lot more than suplexes and F5s, while Roman can do a whole lot more than Superman Punches (the worst move in WWE) and spears. Unfortunately WWE insists on having those two spam those particular moves ad nauseum. I think if Vince took the reigns (no pun intended) off Roman and Brock they would shock the WWE universe and actually put on a match that deserves to be at the top of the card.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much. Women could not buy their own tickets to this event. They were only allowed when chaperoned by the man who controls their life.

As for Bork and Roman. I can’t see how you can give Roman yet another chance here.

They very clearly booked that so Roman can get another shot.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm glad that WWE messed up like that and showed Mella like that. I know that they'll kowtow to them and apologize to not jeopardize their ridiculous payday but stuff like that is what has to be done to further that kind of progress. When you get the opportunity to show women like that, it'll begin the process of desensitizing them to it and make it the innocuous thing that it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad