GDT: WWE Fastlane post-show thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brock was legit THE babyface in this match tonight. People wanted him to crush both Roman and Dean and win this match. Dean was the second choice and no one wanted Roman.

There is no getting around this. Roman IS NOT OVER. Come at me wrestlezone and the Roman marks over there and prove me wrong.

And I've defended Roman in the past. I had no problem with him having his run in December when everyone was hurt and ****ing Sheamus was the champ.

But enough is enough. He already had his Wrestlemania main event and he already had his moment winning the title. It's largely been a miserable failure. Do we really need to see it again? Nobody cares about Roman having his "Wrestlemania moment." He had it on Raw. He beat the authority. It's over. They're beating a dead horse now.

We had a match here tonight where Brock was getting huge pops and Dean looked fantastic continuing to come back at him showing no fear. It reminded me of Eddie vs Brock back in the day.

Roman was kind of in the way of those two working magic and the guy in the way goes to the main event at Mania to relieve something he already did on Monday night Raw, over a guy who has been scratching and clawing at the title for a year now in Ambrose and always comes in second to a guy he's more talented than. That's a legitimate, organic championship storyline, not "LOL ROMAN'S MOMENT"

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Reigns wins the title at 32, insert year of useless junk, Rock finishes filming whatever, comes back, wins the Royal Rumble in 2017, faces Reigns in the main event of Mania 33.

Mark it down. You know it to be true.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't think i've ever seen a match infected with poison so much.

Reigns vs HHH was fine -- as a match (well, after the "beat down" that HHH insisted on)

Then they inserted superman back into the mix and its absolute poison.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Roman no sold a finisher that has broken arms both in kayfabe and real life while he was no selling chair shots. There is no defending this. Just because no selling works for Brock doesn't mean it works for Roman.
Except he was on the ground selling while Dean hammered Brock with chair shots. This is so overblown. You can **** on Reigns for so many things, but I think people took it too far tonight.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And I've defended Roman in the past. I had no problem with him having his run in December when everyone was hurt and ****ing Sheamus was the champ.

But enough is enough. He already had his Wrestlemania main event and he already had his moment winning the title. It's largely been a miserable failure. Do we really need to see it again? Nobody cares about Roman having his "Wrestlemania moment." He had it on Raw. He beat the authority. It's over. They're beating a dead horse now.

We had a match here tonight where Brock was getting huge pops and Dean looked fantastic continuing to come back at him showing no fear. It reminded me of Eddie vs Brock back in the day.

Roman was kind of in the way of those two working magic and the guy in the way goes to the main event at Mania to relieve something he already did on Monday night Raw, over a guy who has been scratching and clawing at the title for a year now in Ambrose and always comes in second to a guy he's more talented than. That's a legitimate, organic championship storyline, not "LOL ROMAN'S MOMENT"

Exactly. Your money was LEGIT here on Dean and Brock. No one wants Roman. It just isn't there. Does Vince REALLY think the reaction is suddenly going to change in Dallas?

The mystery Taker match is literally the only thing left to safe the Mania card. Wow.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Cbymi4KWwAEeHBv.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think i've ever seen a match infected with poison so much.

Reigns vs HHH was fine -- as a match (well, after the "beat down" that HHH insisted on)

Then they inserted superman back into the mix and its absolute poison.

The match story wise makes sense. It should not not NOT NOT NOT be for the title. It is an utter and complete waste as a main event when you have bigger money and more over talent THAT WAS IN THIS VERY MATCH.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Except he was on the ground selling while Dean hammered Brock with chair shots. This is so overblown. You can **** on Reigns for so many things, but I think people took it too far tonight.

You aren't getting it. Roman does not equal Brock. Brock is like Taker in his prime. He doesn't sell often (and he does sell). Roman is not a tough guy when he takes naps for most of his matches and walks to the back during the Rumble instead of getting back in.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Roman is midcard over, not main event over. That's the problem. Even worse was the apathy he got after the pin. No swerves, just play-it-safe crap.

Terrible show. They gotta hit a home run tomorrow to make me go to Mania.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You aren't getting it. Roman does not equal Brock. Brock is like Taker in his prime. He doesn't sell often (and he does sell). Roman is not a tough guy when he takes naps for most of his matches and walks to the back during the Rumble instead of getting back in.
I don't agree with 99% of the booking of Reigns either. I just didn't have a problem with what happened with him today. The result sucks, but the stuff about the selling is a non-issue IMO.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Roman is midcard over, not main event over. That's the problem. Even worse was the apathy he got after the pin. No swerves, just play-it-safe crap.

Terrible show. They gotta hit a home run tomorrow to make me go to Mania.

midcard over at best and it depends on the city, but we agree he should not be in the main event. Never mind THE main event of the year.

This was a ****** ****ing PPV.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Lesnar takes 3-4 chair shots rolls out of the ring in pain.

Roman takes a kimura lock and 3-4 chair shots and imidielty gets up and spears Dean for the win.... wow....

Glad I picked Reigns to win in the predictions pool, but would rather of lost the points to see a better WWE :(

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I suppose it's gonna be Wyatt/Lesnar but I would love to see Ambrose/Lesnar without the ****ing Golden Boy. Those two were magic.

I almost feel like one-on-one, Lesnar has to go over, because he's Lesnar. With Wyatt, even if Wyatt looks good, I just don't think he's in a position to lose at WM again. Like I said earlier, they're glorified jobbers at this point. What was Bray's last huge win, Daniel Bryan at two Royal Rumbles ago? Not again.

With Dean, you could have Brock go over and still make Dean look like a ****ing badass with the size difference and Dean's attitude.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Wrestlemania bombing is probably the only thing that can cause change at this point. Vince is going to run his empire into the ground if he doesn't start listening to the fans

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
What I don't understand is the only pop Reigns has gotten in recent memory is when he attacked Triple H a PPV or two ago. So why did Triple H wander out alone and they stared each other down? Is Triple H dumb? Is Roman dumb? Is the whole thing dumb?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
well hopefully they have a strong undercard, that main event will NOT sell!

They won't. New Day vs LON? Brock vs Bray? Only thing we have is what they do with KO and if he faces Dean or AJ (and make it a singles match for god's sake).

Roster is to empty, and the booking tonight was awful. If they get someone solid to work with Taker and build it right it could steal the show. 3 Horse ladies could steal it too.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The match story wise makes sense. It should not not NOT NOT NOT be for the title. It is an utter and complete waste as a main event when you have bigger money and more over talent THAT WAS IN THIS VERY MATCH.

Even if it was for the title, the fact that they literally had nothing for bray this PPV and set nothing up for lesnar is absolutely idiotic and just makes this reigns outcome look even more ****ing stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad