GDT: WWE Evolution (28th October 2018)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Saw on Instagram that WWE actually promoted Crown Jewel, an event that bans female competition, at Evolution, an all-female PPV.

Cole must've felt awkward as hell trying to promote it, having two female commentators sitting beside him. :facepalm: :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Saw on Instagram that WWE actually promoted Crown Jewel, an event that bans female competition, at Evolution, an all-female PPV.

Cole must've felt awkward as hell trying to promote it, having two female commentators sitting beside him. :facepalm: :laugh:

I think people underestimate the arrogance of the WWE. I think they fully believe Steph is a pioneer of women in business/wrestling. I think they fully believe last night was the first ever woman's ppv. And I think they fully believe people will ignore what is going on in SA. They are literally that arrogant.

I'm just happy it sounds like the show was a success and Becky continues to steal the show. But it won't change anything. Women will still have to be friends to have a feud. The writing will be bad. And Vince will still force Becky to be a heel. :laugh:

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
.....And the Riott Squad will continue to be buried without mercy. I'm not sure how many 3 on 3 matches they've lost, but it feels like an awful lot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
.....And the Riott Squad will continue to be buried without mercy. I'm not sure how many 3 on 3 matches they've lost, but it feels like an awful lot.
They both lose too much to each other. At least they had their best match last night. They’ve been messing around with Sasha and Bayley since the shakeup, that was 6 months ago.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think people underestimate the arrogance of the WWE. I think they fully believe Steph is a pioneer of women in business/wrestling. I think they fully believe last night was the first ever woman's ppv. And I think they fully believe people will ignore what is going on in SA. They are literally that arrogant.

I'm just happy it sounds like the show was a success and Becky continues to steal the show. But it won't change anything. Women will still have to be friends to have a feud. The writing will be bad. And Vince will still force Becky to be a heel. :laugh:
Lol that's the sad part, they really believe Stephanie McMahon is a godsend to the women of wrestling.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

To their credit, all three had their “f*** this” faces on while promoting it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lol that's the sad part, they really believe Stephanie McMahon is a godsend to the women of wrestling.
Well, they needed a woman to put in front of the camera. It would’ve been fine if they left it at that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I too really enjoyed the minimalist production approach to the show. No crowd lighting. Simple stage. Indie guard rails instead of those big pads.

Honestly it made the whole show feel more authentic, even a bit more real. Would love to see more PPVs take this approach.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
WWE NXT UK Women's Title Defended Before Last Night's Evolution | Rajah.com

-- Despite not being announced or advertised, the WWE NXT UK women's championship was defended last night in Uniondale, NY with Rhea Ripley facing challenger Dakota Kai. The match was sandwiched between the main Evolution card and the Kick Off Show, taking place at approximately 645 PM ET. Ripley defeated Kai to retain her title in what was described as a "fast aced match that had a lot of energy from the crowd."
-- When WWE's Evolution was first announced, the company had listed the NXT UK Women's title as one of the championships that would be defended but they quietly removed this reference and never brought it up on TV. It could be because Ripley's title win hasn't even aired yet on the WWE Network even though it took place back in August. She has been defending it at NXT house shows in Florida over the last couple of months.

I guess WWE has a "secret title" that they don't feel like promoting? Not sure why they wouldn't want this out in the open. I've never even seen Ripley wrestle, nor heard of her before this PPV....is there any chance she gets called up soon?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE NXT UK Women's Title Defended Before Last Night's Evolution | Rajah.com

I guess WWE has a "secret title" that they don't feel like promoting? Not sure why they wouldn't want this out in the open. I've never even seen Ripley wrestle, nor heard of her before this PPV....is there any chance she gets called up soon?

The title wasn’t introduced yet on TV yet. That’s why there was confusion as to whether or not there would be a match. I’m sure they’ll still air it but they have to show the tournament first.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's not a secret title, it was officially announced and revealed by WWE already. They did it on the same day as the NXT UK taping where it was awarded.

At the taping, it was announced that it would be defended at Evolution. But obviously it didn't happen as planned as they delayed the airing of the shows. The match will probably make TV at some point in the future.

But there's no chance she'll be getting called up. She's on a UK deal for the UK show.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Why? Cole is a big advocate for women but also a company man. They know that. I doubt he felt awkward at all.

Also, I'm glad they're running shows in Saudi Arabia. None of the innocent people there deserve to be excluded for something out of their control.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why? Cole is a big advocate for women but also a company man. They know that. I doubt he felt awkward at all.

Also, I'm glad they're running shows in Saudi Arabia. None of the innocent people there deserve to be excluded for something out of their control.

You keep making that point, but it's not seeing the forest through the trees. They've run house shows in Saudi Arabia. What they haven't done is take millions of dollars from the government to air their propaganda until this year in an unabashed attempt to present themselves as something other than they are. This doesn't have one iota to do with the fans in attendance, which by the way, women were not allowed to buy tickets for themselves, and are only allowed in with their husbands AND children.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Again. Bread and circuses. Read up on them.

Also, Michael Cole was at one time a legitimate war correspondent for CBS. I wouldn't presume to know how he feels about this situation.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
How long has she been calling herself the man? I ****ing looooove it. Holy **** her Twitter is fire.

since winning it again. its amazing.
and insecure straight men HATE it that she calls herself that. when you read the comments. its hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad