GDT: WWE Evolution (28th October 2018)

Feb 24, 2017
Its frustrating how much they job out the Japanese women considering how much higher a quality of wrestling Stardom is to wwe, but I'm willing to give it a pass tonight.

Nia winning the BR is fine, shell be a good placeholder opponent for rousey until they start to build towards mania. The kairi match laid the seeds for a good Daniel bryan-esque underdog story of her fighting the Horsewomen if wwe tells it (hopefully they don't just 'Asuka' her to push rouseys friends). And Toni storm is a great inring worker, so her beating Io is believable, and as the lesser hyped name was probably the right call

I didn't watch it all, but seems like a solid show. I'll def have to go see that lynch-charlotte match.... They have to be regretting not putting that on last
That arena would have exploded if Becky retaining was the last thing they saw, and her music blaring etc
She really needs different music if they still wanna heel her

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
As good a finish as that would have been.... Having a man (even a man in drag) win on the ppv wwe hyped extensively as it's celebration of its women wrestlers would not have sat well. Kinda like James Ellsworth winning the 1st women's MITB lol

giphy.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely best main roster women’s match. Not sure it tops the best of NXT.

It was still a damn damn awesome match and should shut up the few people who still think the women can’t go.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol apparently they tried to play an advert for Crown Jewel during the show and it was booed so loud that they cut the feed live in the arena :laugh:

Reactions: sabremike

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tag belts need to happen if for no other reason then for Riott Squad to be able to win something.

Also the NXT road agents had to have booked this show. Main roster doesn’t book matches and shows like this.

I really enjoyed the NXT title match. Fine with the finish though Kairi does need friends now.

Baszler has really really grown on me. Like I am surprised how on board I am with her. Gives me Joe vibes, and some Pentagon vibes too.

Edit: might be my winner for the show of the year Slammy. It is this or the Rumble. Crown Jewel won’t be half as good as this show.

Last edited:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Yeah, it wasn't Takeover quality (still very enjoyable), but it definitely felt more like a Takoever than a main roster PPV. Everthing got some amount of time. And the matches without much of a meaning still felt more like a series of moves than pure spotfests.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Matches had in ring stories and psychology. Main roster doesn’t usually do that, but NXT always does.

It’s a shame how poor the build was considering how good the show was. Had to push the blood money Crown Jewel.

I would be down to make this a yearly show.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Of the little that I saw, I like having the lights down. (Takeover does this too) Takes the focus off the audience, who thinks they're way more important than they are.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
did anyone catch how the announcers were selling Becky at the end of the match? they made it sound like she turned face or something.

I mean... did she turn face on that figure 8 ladder spot?

Cole could have also just been super impressed. dunno.

about to watch Becky vs Charlotte again

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
did anyone catch how the announcers were selling Becky at the end of the match? they made it sound like she turned face or something.

I mean... did she turn face on that figure 8 ladder spot?

Cole could have also just been super impressed. dunno.

about to watch Becky vs Charlotte again

If the feud with Charlotte is over, there is no need for Becky to be a heel. She should be the antihero face she has been in the feud, but on the "babyface" side... if that makes any sense.

Reactions: FultonReed

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2