GDT: WWE BATTLEGROUND (July 24, 2016) -- Going separate ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I also don't want to hear things like "10% of the crowd is louder than the rest because they watch NXT" when it comes to people coming up from NXT and how it's a different live crowd, every last person in that building knew who Bayley was.

They knew who she was and they loved her.

She is already over and can easily become a megastar on the main roster.

I never want to hear people doubt her again! #huglife

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The WWE is littered with NXT talent. They have thus far translated to the main roster flawlessly. There`s of course acts like the Vuadevillians etc. Overall though it has been a godsend for them.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Nothing tops that Grado entrance. It's one of the most...bizarre and amazing things I've ever seen. Suppose "most bizarre and amazing things I've ever seen" applies to Grado and not just the entrance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That literally makes me want to find an arena with a thousand people in it and enter it to Bizarre Love Triangle or something.

Let me guess, TNA is screwing this guy up

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Man, the influx of talent onto the main roster since January is absurd.

AJ Styles
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Bayley
American Alpha
Enzo & Cass
Gallows & Anderson
Baron Corbin
The Vaudevillains
Apollo Crews
Alexa Bliss
Nia Jax
Dana Brooke
Mojo Rawley
Carmella

15 new faces in 7 months, that's nuts.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Post match interview has Bayley saying its a one time thing, but things change.

She also said that the "Boss & Hug Connection" will win the tag titles maybe.

If it's a one time thing, I'm guessing it's only because NXT still needs some star power, still, awesome to see her debut. That pop gave me chills and I've watched it at least 50 times. It's just great to see when someone who comes across as a genuinely nice person in real life get so over.

I hope it's not a one time thing, but I understand why if it is.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
holy match of the year kevin owens and sami zayn. back and forth counters. close pinfalls. these 2 guys rivalry is just WOW

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Seems like they want to legitimize Ambrose after we all declared him a transitional champion. Happy to see that.

To be fair, as soon as Shield Triple Threat was announced this is exactly what I predicted. Ambrose going to Smackdown with Rollins/Reigns on Raw and retaining the title in the process.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Bayley is one of the few wrestlers in the last 20 years to get over without even a hint of heel or tweener in her character. That says a lot about her talent and charisma. The fact that she's a really good worker is just icing on the cake.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
missed the first two matches...but thought it was about the best PPV so far this year...they let things play out for once and not knee jerk reaction...and the crowd ate it up...

I didn't think there was a chance that the main belt wasn't going to end up on RAW...so kudos for the "swerve" there

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
missed the first two matches...but thought it was about the best PPV so far this year...they let things play out for once and not knee jerk reaction...and the crowd ate it up...

I didn't think there was a chance that the main belt wasn't going to end up on RAW...so kudos for the "swerve" there

Raw is going to get the WHC so it's pretty irrelevant.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bayley is one of the few wrestlers in the last 20 years to get over without even a hint of heel or tweener in her character. That says a lot about her talent and charisma. The fact that she's a really good worker is just icing on the cake.
Looking forward to Kevin Dunn burying her because of her strange gimmick and "should Bayley turn heel?" discussions in a year and a half

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I only tuned in for the Shield Triple Threat, but I was fairly entertained for that match. My wife (who does not watch or care for wrestling) was just kind of half-watching last night but she looked up and started laughing when the "Roman Sucks" chants started at the beginning of the match.

The match was mostly fine, with the double powerbomb spot with Rollins and Ambrose teaming up being one of my favorites. Ambrose winning made sense and Reigns taking the pin made just as much sense. I didn't think Reigns was terrible in the match, but the no-sell on the Buckle Bomb at the end had me rolling my eyes hard. Rollins and Ambrose were pretty good but I thought the match overall was just meh. Nothing special, other than having the Shield Triple Threat match that everyone wanted to see for years.

I really hope Rollins doesn't align himself with Steph again. She didn't help elevate him last year and I doubt anything would change this time around. A double turn with Rollins/Reigns would be perfect, but I'm not confident that would actually happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Still rewatching this in bits and pieces, I'm so used to matches being rehashed that I never expect Owens and Zayn to keep raising the bar, yet every PPV match they do.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The WWE is littered with NXT talent. They have thus far translated to the main roster flawlessly. There`s of course acts like the Vuadevillians etc. Overall though it has been a godsend for them.

People like the Vaudevillains, Adam Rose, and Tyler Breeze were never going to be huge stars in the WWE with those gimmicks, though. That's fine, though. You can't have every single person being a main eventer.

For the most part, as you said, NXT has been amazing for WWE. They've had other developmental leagues in the past, but rarely was anyone really well known when they made their WWE debut. That's not the case anymore. It allows for a much more seamless transition into the main roster.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
People like the Vaudevillains, Adam Rose, and Tyler Breeze were never going to be huge stars in the WWE with those gimmicks, though. That's fine, though. You can't have every single person being a main eventer.

For the most part, as you said, NXT has been amazing for WWE. They've had other developmental leagues in the past, but rarely was anyone really well known when they made their WWE debut. That's not the case anymore. It allows for a much more seamless transition into the main roster.

Yep, five years ago people would have been, "Bayley? Who's this?" It proves though that although WWE would never admit it, they need the smarks to help get their talent over. That being said, Bayley completely deserves it, she'll end up being on the women's mount Rushmore when her career is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad