GDT: WWE BATTLEGROUND (July 24, 2016) -- Going separate ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yep, five years ago people would have been, "Bayley? Who's this?" It proves though that although WWE would never admit it, they need the smarks to help get their talent over. That being said, Bayley completely deserves it, she'll end up being on the women's mount Rushmore when her career is over.

I knew she would pop pretty good in front of a PPV crowd. There is a lot more smarks in the PPV crowd than most want to give credit for. It'll be interesting to see how she pops in front of a TV audience that will be more casual. I think it's easier for women to get over as a clean baby face these days. I think it's impossible for a guy to get over as a clean baby face these days. So it'll be nice to see someone like Bayley who will get over being a traditional clean baby face.

As for Mount Rushmore of women, what do we have right now honestly? Madusa, Lita, Trish, and Chyna?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Have you guys seen the backstage interview Sasha and Bayley gave after the match? These two are so good together :laugh:

Sasha: "Nakamura is my friend."
Bayley: "No, he is my friend".
Sasha: "No he is my friend"
Bayley: "Well, you know that referee guy (Sasha's boyfriend), I am going to hang out with him now"
Sasha: "wut?"

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Why do I like wrestling, let me count the ways

Yeah it was legit amazing to see Sasha totally give it away with her sheer happiness.

Then when the crowd popped. I legit got a tear in my eye.

I'm a grown ass man approaching 40(far too soon unfortunately) & Bayley is unbelievably over.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Have you guys seen the backstage interview Sasha and Bayley gave after the match? These two are so good together :laugh:

Bayley: "Well, you know that referee guy (Sasha's boyfriend), I am going to hang out with him now"

Sasha's boyfriend isn't a referee. He's a seamster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah it was legit amazing to see Sasha totally give it away with her sheer happiness.

I'm a grown ass man approaching 40(far too soon unfortunately) & Bayley is unbelievably over.

That is one of my favorite appeals to NXT, they love being there so much and then when they all get to come up, especially those girls because they won't feel like they've made it until they all make it, and that spills over to others as well. You see them in these specials wearing each other's shirts, stuff like that, that helps put them over to me.

Also did anyone else notice in the back during the main event they Becky was wearing a Club shirt? She had to change it before coming out obv.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Nothing tops that Grado entrance. It's one of the most...bizarre and amazing things I've ever seen. Suppose "most bizarre and amazing things I've ever seen" applies to Grado and not just the entrance.

I've gotten so hooked on ICW as a guilty pleasure because its just crazy.

They had a best two out of three match where the wrestlers and ref had to do shots between rounds. There's nothing funnier then two guys wrestling and then a drunken ref comes off of the turnbuckle and crushes them both.

I was disturbed they had a match where the foreign object was a stainless steel sex toy and the wrestlers spend most of the match trying to ram it into unspeakable places.

But its some of the most creative and bizarre wrestling that I've ever watched.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden

I think it also shows that a great theme song goes a long way to help get the right kind of heat. Her bubbly happy go lucky song suits her perfectly.

Still gives me goosebumps after watching 50 times. Sorry for the bad quality, WWE is really cracking down on Youtube.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

I like the name of their tag team, the Boss and Hug Connection!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I keep remembering stuff after watching it a second time.

Rowan in the sheep mask checking out Maryse as Smackdown walked to the ring was hilarious.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This was a pretty darn good show

I knew it was Bayley as soon as I saw the smirk on Sasha's face; happy to see her on the main roster finally

KO/Zayn had the match of the night bar none, those two are among the best workers in the whole company, and Sami holding Owens in the corner before the finish was perfect

Cena/E&C v The Club was really good, and Enzo continues to impress me with his mic skills, dude's legit

The triple threat started slow and I was worried, but it was paced very well and worked out in the end; I was surprised to see Ambrose retain, but I guess they're really trying to put over Smakdown which makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad