Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
BfLhqVo.jpg

MATCHES

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
"THE GUY" ROMAN REIGNS vs. WWE champion "THE DUDE" DEAN AMBROSE vs. "THE MAN" SETH ROLLINS
20160711_Battleground_AmbroseReignsRollins--47d08799ddbacf481e2d5bd7396af625.jpg

SAMI ZAYN vs. KEVIN OWENS
20160627_Battleground_SamiOwens--cec0638269b599030c8dcd02084c83c3.jpg

SIX-MAN TAG-TEAM MATCH
ENZO AMORE & BIG CASS & JOHN CENA vs. THE CLUB (AJ STYLES & KARL ANDERSON & LUKE GALLOWS)
20160627_Battleground_CenaAmoreCassAJGallows--cc51195da647af4ee7c80d57364c7eed.jpg

"THE LASS KICKER" BECKY LYNCH vs. "THE QUEEN OF HARTS" NATALYA
20160630_Battleground_BeckyNata--a30255640af0c0d78c21c947d732d840.jpg

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
IC champion THE MIZ (w/Maryse) vs. DARREN YOUNG (w/Bob Backlund)
20160704_Battleground_MizYoung_2--edce70fb4c1390055f1b5dad404ad1ae.jpg

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
U.S. champion RUSEV (w/Lana) vs. ZACK RYDER
20160704_Battleground_RusevRyder--5c46fac18e0f9d35afd07ac3127df3ca.jpg

SIX-MAN TAG-TEAM MATCH
THE NEW DAY (BIG E & KOFI KINGSTON & XAVIER WOODS) vs. THE WYATT FAMILY (BRAY WYATT & BRAUN STROWMAN & ERICK ROWAN)
20160630_Battleground_NewDayWyatt--55f22a12b28b6f86bc6bceff3bff8b6f.jpg

WOMEN'S TAG-TEAM MATCH
SASHA BANKS & MYSTERY PARTNER vs. Women's champion CHARLOTTE & DANA BROOKE
20160714_Battleground_SashaCharlotteDanaMystery--7e64a28a089a668c7816915fb1b8b122.jpg

CHRIS JERICHO HOSTS THE HIGHLIGHT REEL
GUEST: RANDY ORTON

20160711_Battleground_RandyOrton_jericho--6b2b491508bcb5abd65659c06aced357.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pretty meh card. Hopefully the main event delivers, and I'm worried about that. Dean and Seth put on two ho-hum matches this week, and now you add in Roman who isn't as good as either on his best day, never mind being out of action for a month.

Sami/Owen will be good, but a lack of stakes takes a bit out. Rest of the card is extremely meh and seems more to be a housekeeping card.

If no Bayley it gets even worse.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm probably the only one but I'm expecting hijinks in the Wyatt/New Day match. With Braun going to Raw and Rowan's weird ass video that focused on the word 'Alone'....I dunno. Feel there's something.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Owens vs. Zayn should totally be a loser leaves Raw match.

That would be awesome.

Nothing like being told over and over again this could be the last time feuds see each other and then we're given 8 matches with only the throw away US and IC matches consisting of people completely going separate ways.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm probably the only one but I'm expecting hijinks in the Wyatt/New Day match. With Braun going to Raw and Rowan's weird ass video that focused on the word 'Alone'....I dunno. Feel there's something.

New Day makes Strowman their 4th member and Rowan just gives up. lol Strowman returns to his good old days as a Rosebud with a New Day twist!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Wyatts go over The New Day with Wyatt getting the pin, he sets Strowman free after the match and on Smackdownn, he sets Rowan free but when he calls upon him, Rowan returns home. Rowan does his own thing until Harper returns and the original Wyatt Family is back, with Harper and Rowan dominating the tag-team scene and Wyatt in the main event.

Continue on their way, and then at the Rumble begin the build for a cross-promotional six-man tag match between The Club (Balor, Anderson & Gallows) against The Wyatt Family.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I really like the card. Shield triple threat, Zayn/Owens, Wyatts/New Day, Bayley debut. It's so packed, I totally understand them not doing another Cena/Styles one-on-one.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
My thoughts, not all are realistic...

If we go the WWE is way out of touch Rey Mysterio/Bautista at Royal Rumble route we get Eva Marie.

If they go the lazy "well it worked once before" route we get Summer Rae. WWE just released a video on their youtube account called something like the "Making of the Boss" that showed Sasha's time with Summer.

If WWE goes the "we got no damned idea who" route we get Paige, Nia Jax, random women wrestler.

If WWE goes the injured superstar returning schtick we get Nikki Bella.

If WWE goes random legend returns for a night we get Lita, Trish, etc.

If WWE gives us what we want we get Bayley.

If WWE gives us someone fans would be okay with that isn't Bayley we get Asuka.

At this point anything short of Asuka or Bayley is going to get the match crapped on. As much as I'd like to see those two my gut is telling me not to get excited and expect someone like Paige with a strong leaning towards Summer Rae.

Hey, there could always be a chance its Leva "Blue Pants" Bates. :P

What's the Bullet Babe Amber O'Neil Gallows up to? :)

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The Shield triple threat should have been way bigger than what it is. Should have saved it for Summerslam, not only because it's the bigger show, but also because Reigns would be there for the build. Especially since they knew about Reigns' failed drug test before booking this match.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

If we go the WWE is way out of touch Rey Mysterio/Bautista at Royal Rumble route we get Eva Marie.

If they go the lazy "well it worked once before" route we get Summer Rae. WWE just released a video on their youtube account called something like the "Making of the Boss" that showed Sasha's time with Summer.

If WWE goes the "we got no damned idea who" route we get Paige, Nia Jax, random women wrestler.

At this point anything short of Asuka or Bayley is going to get the match crapped on. As much as I'd like to see those two my gut is telling me not to get excited and expect someone like Paige with a strong leaning towards Summer Rae.

I'd be fine with Carmella or Bliss if it's not Bayley. If it's not one of them, a random legend, or a surprise return/debut we had no clue about than the "mystery partner" thing was completely pointless.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Beyond Sunday, I wonder how they build up to SummerSlam on the two shows.

Are we going to get another Shield 3-way for the one WWE title or is the other show going to have their title crowned at SummerSlam. With the tag and women's belts staying on their own show...does Smackdown have their own belts starting Tuesday?

I'll be curious since SummerSlam is a big deal PPV...do we still have to some crossover title matches and then after SummerSlam, they get into having their own show-specific titles. And do we find out the revised PPV schedule?

This show itself is going to be pretty good but the build to SummerSlam is far more intriguing. Brock-Randy is the only thing we know so far.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

My only bet is they don't use a Smackdown woman because it doesn't help with feud as those other three remain on Raw. It'll be someone from Raw or NXT or a past Diva. I have my doubts it'll be an NXT competitor after we just did the draft.

Not an exciting name but I'll guess it's Alicia Fox.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Shield triple threat should have been way bigger than what it is. Should have saved it for Summerslam, not only because it's the bigger show, but also because Reigns would be there for the build. Especially since they knew about Reigns' failed drug test before booking this match.

It was now or never. They knew the three would be split up at the draft.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd be fine with Carmella or Bliss if it's not Bayley. If it's not one of them, a random legend, or a surprise return/debut we had no clue about than the "mystery partner" thing was completely pointless.

I want it to be Asuka. Everyone else other than Bayley is not going to generate much of a reaction. And if it's Bayley, chances are it's to debut and get going on the main roster which would be fine if she's going to Smackdown but that's not determined either. Asuka is a convenient choice simply because she'll pop pretty big with the title and have a convenient excuse to make it a one-off because of her title.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
It was now or never. They knew the three would be split up at the draft.

I guess that's true. I just always had a vision of the Shield triple threat being a much bigger deal. It's been building for like 2-3 years but the match this Sunday seems anti-climactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad