Post-Game Talk: WSH @ VAN | 10/25/19 | 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Schultz caliber lane defense and clear attempt from Sieg

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
It's still early in the season and the team is tied for 1st place in the league (with Edmonton and Buffalo, couldn't have predicted that!).

They have some concerns, such as blowing leads in the 3rd, but for the most part we have a lot less to complain about than many of the other fanbases.
(Yes I complained about Reirden - I'm still not sold on the guy but the record shows he's getting the results).

<cut>
I'm also relatively pleased w/their good if not very good start. Fairly tough schedule and the second 3 games in 4 nights in October.

Of their 5 losses (reg +OT) how many of them were they leading after the 2nd pd or went up early in the 3rd? Not going to look it up but it seems like at least three. The schedule may explain part of that. However the playoff loss to the Canes and blowing too many 3rd pd leads early in the season has the look of a still good, dangerous team that has a core getting long in the tooth.

Hope that's not a correct assessment. Btw, I'll take a point here and run. Two would be super.
Anyway Canes & Pitt have been fading lately :DD

Reactions: Heath

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Not understanding why Orlov isn’t on PK1 especially since Kempny was in the box. It’s weird because Reirden plays Orlov and Carlson in 5v6 pulled goalie situations.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I'm also relatively pleased w/their good if not very good start. Fairly tough schedule and the second 3 games in 4 nights in October.

Of their 5 losses (reg +OT) how many of them were they leading after the 2nd pd or went up early in the 3rd? Not going to look it up but it seems like at least three. The schedule may explain part of that. However the playoff loss to the Canes and blowing too many 3rd pd leads early in the season has the look of a still good, dangerous team that has a core getting long in the tooth.

Hope that's not a correct assessment. Btw, I'll take a point here and run. Two would be super.
Anyway Canes & Pitt haven't been fading lately :DD

Just before the game they said they've lost 4 games after leading going into 3rd period....ouch

Reactions: Bladerunner

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think Reirdon is a better coach than we think he is. ;)
I disagree. If he was a better coach we wouldn't have given up 3rd periods 4 times already this season. That's a lot for an entire season never mind 12 games into the season.
You are a stats guy. You have to admit 4 blown leads in the 3rd period after 12 games looks pretty ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad