Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Richard Panik signs with the Capitals (4 years, $2.75M AAV)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
giphy.gif

Jun 15, 2007
In a world where 32 year old Jay Beagle gets 4x3m, 4x2.5m for a 28 year old Richard Panik is pretty good. The guy averaged a 40 point pace the past 3 seasons. That's perfectly decent for a third liner.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Quite a commitment to a guy who only shows up when he wants to.
That's why he's a third liner. That's why Brett Connolly was and is a third liner. Connolly has never broken 30 points until last year on a play for pay lame duck contract. He's about to get the same contract at a million more per season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m a Coyotes fan. I didn’t want Panik to come back. I like him okay, but he’s as streaky as they come. Shift to shift, game to game, week to week and month to month. All aspects of his game are wildly inconsistent. He can be really good on all fronts or really bad on all fronts, or good in some areas and bad in others and it changes with the wind. Can be physical and can be soft. Can be good or bad defensively. Can be a force offensively or invisible. You can never tell.

I think that’s a pretty good price point for a really talented team that doesn’t have to depend on him. He can just do what he does and provide the occasional boost. That’s probably enough for Washington. I think it’s a good fit there. Not a great fit in Phoenix where he has to be relied upon. As a second or third wave, he’s probably a great fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad