Proposal: WSH - CGY

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
No from the Flames, WAS would need to add on that one
No, the Caps would not add they would not have any interest in this framework unless as Drake pointed out Wilson wants an unrealistic dollar figure in his RFA negotiations. No adding, just NO THANKS.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You’re not understanding. Tom Wilson is a de facto Top 6 F on the Capitals TODAY. It’s a role Bennet absolutely COULD NOT replace AT THIS MOMENT. Therefore, Wilson is a Top 6 F and the Caps would not entertain this specific trade.
Perhaps you should read all my posts in here. But since I am assuming you won't here is a little summary:

1) I said Wilson is the better player right now
2) I said neither team makes the deal
3) I said Wilson is less of a top 6 forward than Ferland, who I consider a 3rd liner.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What would you Caps fans want for Burakovsky? Honestly I think he’s a more realistic target for us.

I'd like for him to put it altogether and be the top 6 sniper he has the talent to be. In a trade scenario, I don't really know how to value him. He oozes talent but just hasn't put it together. I imagine the Caps would want futures for him so they can clear up some cap space.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
Calling Tom Wilson a top 6 player is worse than calling Micheal Ferland a top 6 player.
And then you actually watch Wilson play this past season and realize he's right where he belongs.
Wilson is a complementary top 6 player, he has good speed, solid defensively, forechecks well, good shot, good IQ. Ppl really need to get over their dislike for him and realize he's progressing really well despite being typecasted as a grinder because GMGM and Adam Oates thought he should be a full time nhler at 18/19 years old

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Perhaps you should read all my posts in here. But since I am assuming you won't here is a little summary:

1) I said Wilson is the better player right now
2) I said neither team makes the deal
3) I said Wilson is less of a top 6 forward than Ferland, who I consider a 3rd liner.
You’re still not understanding obviously. Not a single Caps poster’s opinion on whether Wilson is a Top 6 player means squat in the current optics. Wilson is playing as a Top 6 F, thus the Caps themselves see him as a Top 6 F. I’ll trust them a little more than I trust you. I’d also personally trust Wilson in the Caps current Top 6 more than I would Ferland and I doubt I’m alone in that opinion. At some point Wilson has contributed to where the Caps are currently and I don’t think Ferland would have the same effect.

Reactions: TheNuge

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
Wilson is currently in a top 6 role with the capitals, he has 10 points in 15 games this playoff, With almost no powerplay time. He is playing a solid 2 way game and providing the physical punch the top line for the caps to give OV and Kuznetsov the space they need to score. He is an excellent fore checker and plays the game with passion.
All while logging 18-20 minutes per game. The coach trusts him, the fans love him and if you watched the behind the scenes video from the Caps - Pens series, you will see his team mates love him as well and wanted to win the series for him.

Ill take Wilson over just about anyone the flames have to offer.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I like Wilson but I don’t think anyone’s under the misconception that he’s a true top 6 player. There’s a big difference between a complementary top 6 and de facto top 6. Bottom line is the kid is worth more to organization than any GM would ever feasibly offer for him. And no, I don’t think Bennett would ever be offered for him.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Wilson is worth more, but this move doesn't really help the Flames. The Flames already have a Tom Wilson named Michael Ferland. What the Flames need is a 60+ point RW capable of generating his own offence on a consistent basis. Wilson is great at what he does, but the Flames have enough grit in their forward group already. The Flames need more skill.

I don't see the Caps doing this, even if value was fair, as Wilson has found chemistry in their top 6.​

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Wilson is worth more, but this move doesn't really help the Flames. The Flames already have a Tom Wilson named Michael Ferland. What the Flames need is a 60+ point RW capable of generating his own offence on a consistent basis. Wilson is great at what he does, but the Flames have enough grit in their forward group already. The Flames need more skill.

I don't see the Caps doing this, even if value was fair, as Wilson has found chemistry in their top 6.​
Now this is a reasonable post I agree with all you’ve said here.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
We are in no business to trade Tom Wilson.

We need his player type lot more than the other and he is a perfect fit here for now.

But thanks for reminding us that he sucks. Almost forgot since he havent headshotted anyone in 6 games.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
I'd like for him to put it altogether and be the top 6 sniper he has the talent to be. In a trade scenario, I don't really know how to value him. He oozes talent but just hasn't put it together. I imagine the Caps would want futures for him so they can clear up some cap space.
I would like to line him up with Drai or McD and see what happens, would you prefer a forward or d prospect? The oilers also have an extra 3rd rounder next year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You’re still not understanding obviously. Not a single Caps poster’s opinion on whether Wilson is a Top 6 player means squat in the current optics. Wilson is playing as a Top 6 F, thus the Caps themselves see him as a Top 6 F. I’ll trust them a little more than I trust you. I’d also personally trust Wilson in the Caps current Top 6 more than I would Ferland and I doubt I’m alone in that opinion. At some point Wilson has contributed to where the Caps are currently and I don’t think Ferland would have the same effect.
Ferland played with Gaudreau and Monahan this year and the end of last year.... but you trust the guy whose only playing in the top 6 due to injury or whatever... shows your knowledge of Ferland and the Flames is somewhere between zero and none.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i am in no way a caps fan, but in this case they are right

you dont understand who Tom Wilson is and what he does, he may never score this many points again, but he is invaluable to This team. he is a glue guy a player that holds it all together. he sacrifices himself so the team as a whole is better it Doesnt matter if hes top 6 top 9 or even top 3, as long as he's top 14 and on the roster, thats all that matters

in whatever role he plays he makes the TEAM better

Reactions: discobob

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Wilson is currently in a top 6 role with the capitals, he has 10 points in 15 games this playoff, With almost no powerplay time. He is playing a solid 2 way game and providing the physical punch the top line for the caps to give OV and Kuznetsov the space they need to score. He is an excellent fore checker and plays the game with passion.
All while logging 18-20 minutes per game. The coach trusts him, the fans love him and if you watched the behind the scenes video from the Caps - Pens series, you will see his team mates love him as well and wanted to win the series for him.

Ill take Wilson over just about anyone the flames have to offer.

This post is what I was referring to earlier. No matter what you think of him, its patently obvious that everyone in WSH (coach-teammates-fans) all adore him and value what he brings. That you don't agree with that doesn't really change things from their end.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This post is what I was referring to earlier. No matter what you think of him, its patently obvious that everyone in WSH (coach-teammates-fans) all adore him and value what he brings. That you don't agree with that doesn't really change things from their end.

It honestly would not surprise me if Willy has a letter on his jersey one day.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Ferland played with Gaudreau and Monahan this year and the end of last year.... but you trust the guy whose only playing in the top 6 due to injury or whatever... shows your knowledge of Ferland and the Flames is somewhere between zero and none.
Likewise your knowledge of Wilson and the Caps. Why ARE you posting in this thread again?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Flames have some decent Dman prospects we could likely part with 1. But Burak is really a guy I could see us being interested in.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Likewise your knowledge of Wilson and the Caps. Why ARE you posting in this thread again?
I literally haven't said anything about Wilson except under normal circumstances he's not a top 6 forward which is true or you wouldn't use "de factco" everytime you talk about him in the top 6.

I know all about Wilson, I'd love to have him on the 3rd line in Calgary, we could really use a guy like him, he'd be perfect beside Bennett and Jankowski IMO..

But as I stated I don't think either team does the proposed trade as it is an immediate downgrade for the Caps and I don't think the Flames won't give up on Bennett's potential for Wilson.

It really seems to me you are arguing for no other reason than you want to argue.

Why am I posting in this thread? Because I am a Flames fan, you know the other team in this proposal in the OP.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
What's pathetic is that Wilson had to play with Ovi to finally outscore Brouwer in a season.

Couldn't be my top line player.
Who do you think Brouwer was siphoning a bunch of his points from when he played for the Caps? It seems like a few posters in this forum need to either hone their knowledge of the Caps or stop posting about things of which they are unaware.

And NO it’s still you that’s pathetic but DO keep trying.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
The only Calgary piece I'd even consider trading for Tom Wilson is Matt Tkachuk, and I doubt the Flames do that, so this is a non starter

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Who do you think Brouwer was siphoning a bunch of his points from when he played for the Caps? It seems like a few posters in this forum need to either hone their knowledge of the Caps or stop posting about things of which they are unaware.

And NO it’s still you that’s pathetic but DO keep trying.

2016-17- 22 year old Tom Wilson: 7-12-19 in 82 games

2016-17 31 year old Troy Brouwer: 13-12-25 in 74 games.

Was he 'siphoning' points from Ovi in Calgary too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad