Proposal: WSH - CGY

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Calgary adds a piece much better than Bennett and then the Caps *might* not laugh and hang up immediately.

Reactions: north49er

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I know he's a lightning rod, but the Caps value Wilson a lot. The only way he hits the market is if the team gets sticker shock in salary negotiations with the pending RFA. It's possible.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Wilson (24) is a bottom 6 player with little to no upside, Bennett (21) has out scored Wilson at 19, aside from cheapshots does everything better at the NHL level and still has upside, now that the moron Glen Gulutzan is gone I want to see Bennett under a different coach before he's traded for spare parts.

Reactions: kevrondl and Deen

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wilson (24) is a bottom 6 player with little to no upside, Bennett (21) has out scored Wilson at 19, aside from cheapshots does everything better at the NHL level and still has upside, now that the moron Glen Gulutzan is gone I want to see Bennett under a different coach before he's traded for spare parts.

Can always tell the posters who don't watch Tom Wilson on a regular basis from posts like this.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
nah, at this point, I'd rather keep Bennett and see what happens with new coaching. Under Bob Hartley he had a 36 point season including 18 goals and then fell off the map under GG and his wacky system of incompetence.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Calling Tom Wilson a top 6 player is worse than calling Micheal Ferland a top 6 player.

Reactions: Haatley

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So he's a top 6 player in your opinion?

He's a young guy who is developing nicely into the player the Caps hoped they were getting. I'm not going to call him a bonafide top 6 player just yet though he's a terrific fit on a line with Ovechkin. He does a lot of things well and is improving noticeably year over year. My main issue was with you saying he has little to no upside, which is flat out wrong, in my opinion. I also think it's inaccurate to say that Bennett does everything better than Wilson.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Calling Tom Wilson a top 6 player is worse than calling Micheal Ferland a top 6 player.
You’re not understanding. Tom Wilson is a de facto Top 6 F on the Capitals TODAY. It’s a role Bennet absolutely COULD NOT replace AT THIS MOMENT. Therefore, Wilson is a Top 6 F and the Caps would not entertain this specific trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad