Eklund Rumor: (WPG/TOR) Nylander for Trouba

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Realistic this is not going to happen. Actually its good because Trouba is not worth the leafs gambling on. Jets better off trying to find someone who is going to pay out at trade deadline. Both teams are rising up and have a higher chance to win the cup as Canadian team. Look at it like this Vancouver,Calgary,Edmonton, Ottawa, and Montreal have no chance at all. Both fan base should be able to agree on this.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I won't even get into value, i will just say without knowing if Trouba would sign long term, i wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Confucius

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd be more willing to make a deal like this if I knew Nylander was a center long term. He could be the playmaking center we are looking for to play alongside Laine and Ehlers. But if he cant handle those 2C duties then he is of no real use to us as a winger.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'd be more willing to make a deal like this if I knew Nylander was a center long term. He could be the playmaking center we are looking for to play alongside Laine and Ehlers. But if he cant handle those 2C duties then he is of no real use to us as a winger.
so far it's looked like Nylander can play center, he hasn't spent a ton of time there in the NHL but when he's been there he hasn't disqualified himself from being a center. It's still a gamble, the indicators look good

but, not a move that the Leafs are likely to make unless Trouba signs long term for a reasonable AAV so it's probably moot

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
so far it's looked like Nylander can play center, he hasn't spent a ton of time there in the NHL but when he's been there he hasn't disqualified himself from being a center. It's still a gamble, the indicators look good

but, not a move that the Leafs are likely to make unless Trouba signs long term for a reasonable AAV so it's probably moot

Fair comment about Trouba signing first, of course same goes for Nylander. I would want to see him signed first and at a reasonable rate.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Fair comment about Trouba signing first, of course same goes for Nylander. I would want to see him signed first and at a reasonable rate.
for Nylander, I don't see how he can believe he's going to get something outside of the range from Drouin to Pastrnak, to me there's a buffer on either of those boundaries and the Ehlers contract is such a good comparable that I think an arbitrator would be like "that one, obviously"

but fair enough

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Like Tavares doesn't want to come home to play for Toronto? Lol how did that play out?

I get what you're saying but that's not exactly a strong hill to die on lol.

Player from Ontario hits UFA
"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*
"I f***ING TOLD YOU HE WAS COMING HOME!!!!!!!"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*
"I ****ING TOLD YOU HE WAS COMING HOME!!!!!!!"
Stamkos some felt and ????

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*
like who? Leafs fans were right about Babcock, everyone else was wrong. The only one Leafs fans were wrong about was Stamkos i guess, but the only team he even bothered to meet with besides Tampa was the Leafs. Clarkson (unfortunately) also left higher offers on the table to come play for Toronto. The idea that the Leafs aren't a desirable market for free agents isn't really rooted in reality

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*
You don’t wanna go down this road. Trust me you won’t win.

PS. If you want to create a valid argument, try using accurate scenarios rather than ridiculous hyperbole.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
for Nylander, I don't see how he can believe he's going to get something outside of the range from Drouin to Pastrnak, to me there's a buffer on either of those boundaries and the Ehlers contract is such a good comparable that I think an arbitrator would be like "that one, obviously"

but fair enough

Same can be said for Trouba right? Agents...

Sure hope Nylander wasn’t listening to the Marner 10 million dollar rumours bc that’s crazy talk and basing some crazy Wild starting point off that.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
like who? Leafs fans were right about Babcock, everyone else was wrong. The only one Leafs fans were wrong about was Stamkos i guess, but the only team he even bothered to meet with besides Tampa was the Leafs. Clarkson (unfortunately) also left higher offers on the table to come play for Toronto. The idea that the Leafs aren't a desirable market for free agents isn't really rooted in reality

I mean depending who you talk to, I've heard literally every player at one point expect to goto Toronto from any number of my Leaf's friends so......

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I mean depending who you talk to, I've heard literally every player at one point expect to goto Toronto from any number of my Leaf's friends so......
Like Matthews to Arizona? Trouba to Detroit? Every fanbase does this....

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
The Leafs defence can fix itself. No Polak. Full year of Dermott. No Bozak and JVR liabilities. Strongest centre depth. Those all can play an important role in fixing a team's defense without needing to worry about a contract headache like Trouba Almighty.
It's very good center depth. I don't think it's better than Crosby, Malkin Brassard. It's probably better thanthan McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins. Would it be better than Hughes, Eichel, Middlestadt if that came to be?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*

You don’t wanna go down this road. Trust me you won’t win.

PS. If you want to create a valid argument, try using accurate scenarios rather than ridiculous hyperbole.

I don't think we're getting an answer.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*
British soccer fans are right every 100 years or so. I'll say this for Leafs fans: at least they avoided singing songs about it in public and turning the entire internet into a flood of their memes.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Mar 26, 2010

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Doesn't come home*

"HE'S COMING HOME!"
*Comes Home*
You mad? You are very angry that Tavares came to Toronto huh. I guess you are going to be livid when McDavid comes home to Toronto.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Exactly, so I don't know why there is any argument to be made to use "We told you so JT was coming here." as any reasonable support to an argument.
Oh, i agree with you there...but that was in response to saying that Leafs fans are always wrong. Leafs fans...(not the extreme ones) are generally pretty accurate on trade returns and/or contracts. Some of us were off on the Kessel trade, but limiting it to 1 team kind of skewed that.

Going way back, Nucks fans were saying we'd be paying a fortune for Luongo...Leafs fans were hammered for "lowball offers"...in the end, the rumored deal that fell through was 2 2nds and Scrivens.

Bruins fans laughed at us for the Kaberle proposals...and we pretty much nailed it.

Most of us called the Andersen deal bang on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad