Eklund Rumor: (WPG/TOR) Nylander for Trouba

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Big quote:

"Rumors have been swirling that the Leafs are talking to the Jets regarding a deal, and now that deal appears to possibly involve pieces including William Nylander and Jacob Trouba. This would be a tough trade to make for the Jets because of their need on D, but they could always move Nylander again for a D-man. Trouba has previously said he wanted to play in the States and is likely heading to Detroit if he makes it to UFA status... So there are many moving parts here..."

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Fair Trade Saturday: William Nylander for Trouba? Brady Tkachuk Turning Pro

Last edited by a moderator:

member 147413

Yes, the Leafs will trade a term controlled high skill player for a non-term controlled high skill player who does not want to play in the country.

These rumours get dumber and dumber.

Value wise and need wise, I’ll take Trouba over Nylander.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Blah, blah, blah... Why wouldn't the Leafs just trade Nylander to another team for a RD instead of involving Trouba and the Jets. There just aren't top end RDs available on the market.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
The Jets don't need another forward. Already have the best forward group in the NHL.
We kind of need a 2/1c unless Little bounces back. I'd rather wait and see how he does until the trade deadline though.

Nylander is probably not the right guy though because he's not proven as a full time C. Rather not take the risk but Ehlers- Nylander- Laine could be an interesting line.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would be wonderful to see Maple Leafs losing Nylander and then Trouba would bolt to Detroit. :P

As a Wings fan and Jets sympathizer, I would absolutely love this move.

member 147413

It's debatable. Wait until the rest of the NHL realizes how good Roslovic is.
Most things are debatable, that doesn’t make them worthy of debate.

The same thing you’re saying about Rosloviv could be said about many young inexperienced NHLers.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Most things are debatable, that doesn’t make them worthy of debate.

The same thing you’re saying about Rosloviv could be said about many young inexperienced NHLers.
I said it's debatable because I think the proposition has merit, and therefore worthy of debate.

I think Roslovic rounds out a very potent Jets forward group, that is clearly among the top groups in the NHL.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
If not for center Jets RW depth is not very good, this would help

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
In a vacuum, this makes some sense, but Winnipeg doesn't need another winger and Toronto doesn't want to risk losing Trouba.
I guess the way it could work is if Nylander proves himself at centre and Trouba is extended first.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
how is this guy still around lol

a line of Ehlers - Nylander - Laine is a scary thought however... lets hope it doesnt happer

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Rielly for Trouba would make much more sense than this deal, and that deal wouldn't make any sense, proposing it would start a war here between Jets and Leafs fans.

We may like to have Nylander, but we don't really need him. Nylander for Dougie Hamilton makes a ton more sense than this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad