Confirmed with Link: [WPG/NYR] Hayes for 2019 1st, (F) Brendan Lemieux & Cond. 2022 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Why no pick if he re-signs? That’s odd. Maybe JG knows Hayes wants to test FA.
Regardless he knows or not. Things change. If you can get that "added", its a little ace in the hole. Maybe asked for one, but had already pushed Chevy to max, and was afraid of blowing the deal......who knows?

Reactions: bl02

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I still think the Rangers will get that 1st round from Tampa before the draft regardless, even if they don't win the cup, by taking one of their contracts back to save cap.

I'd like to see a conditional on the conditional. The 2nd becomes a 1st for taking back a contract, but then we get another pick if they still win it all.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
5 or 6 picks in the top 60 picks again this year. That's really good!!! Our pick is the x factor of course. Hopefully it will be 6/7 or better

Reactions: haveandare

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Quite a few similarities between Brendan Lemieux and Brendan Gallagher, both are a pain in the ass to play against and both can pot you some goals. Gallagher being a few years more experienced and had more time to develop is the way I view the delta.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m pretty baffled by the specificity of a 2022 4th IF the Jets win the Cup.

How do negotiations on that detail go down?

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I think ideally you're looking for him to hover around 35 points per season, probably 15-20 goals and 15 assists. But he will be effective in other ways that don't directly lead to goals. he's a bigger body who grinds on other teams and is a PIA to play against. He's something this organization needs more of honestly. He brings the fight to the other team. Quinn will LOVE him.
This sounds a lot like a poor mans tom wilson

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I’m pretty baffled by the specificity of a 2022 4th IF the Jets win the Cup.

How do negotiations on that detail go down?
Something like:

"I need another small piece and he's yours."

"I'll give you my 7th rounder – if we win the Cuip."

"C'mon now, I said small, not minuscule."

"Fine. I can do a 5th, but it's got to be out a couple years. Same conditions."

"Make it a fourth."

"Push it out to 2022 and we've got a deal."

"Deal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events