WPG More : LAK Less - The ****ing embarassing edition

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
FFS, that was a gimme for the Kings. Jets are handing these points away, and Sutter's boys can't beat a bottom nine of AHL'ers and the league's worst goalie.
Thankfully (for the Kings and Jets) the leafs beat the ducks and the oil won. Jets need all the pingpong balls they can get!

Good luck in the Playoffs, hope you guys beat the Hawks.
And, you have a great team, out chanced WPG but got beat by **** luck

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
We've been little *****es since clinching. I'm one of the few Kings fans who cares a lot about winning our first division title since the NHL switched to West/East. It's also an ego booster to finish ahead of the Ducks in the standings.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'd personally chop five minutes off Drew and Jake's TOI for every remaining game. Kings are gonna ride those two into the ground during the playoffs, might as well give them some rest.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It's for sure somewhat self inflicted, just more baffled how they cant DRAW calls

There was a perfect example of that tonight. Had total control for a shift and a half, getting hooked a few times, but the first chance WPG get the puck back, a guy wraps an arm around someone...penalty Kings.:shakehead

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
There was a perfect example of that tonight. Had total control for a shift and a half, getting hooked a few times, but the first chance WPG get the puck back, a guy wraps an arm around someone...penalty Kings.:shakehead

Kings don't fall enough. Who's the one guy who is always falling on the Kings and seems to always draw penalties? Dustin Brown. Kopitar, Carter, Lucic, King, Toffoli, Pearson, they never get knocked to the ice.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
We've been little *****es since clinching. I'm one of the few Kings fans who cares a lot about winning our first division title since the NHL switched to West/East. It's also an ego booster to finish ahead of the Ducks in the standings.

I'm with you. And it also impacts who we play in the first round. I'd rather the other two California teams, both of whom have a vendetta against us, beat the **** out of each other before we have to face either of them.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Kings don't fall enough. Who's the one guy who is always falling on the Kings and seems to always draw penalties? Dustin Brown. Kopitar, Carter, Lucic, King, Toffoli, Pearson, they never get knocked to the ice.

Brown falls all the time. It's just the refs have learned it's because he can't skate and not because he got tripped.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jets- 4-1
Leafs 6-5
Olier 6-3

Canada outscored California 16-9

Which was the most impressive loss?

Sharks.

Called a guy up from the minors to settle a score with a roster regular because none of their big boys could handle it themselves. Go up 2-0. Have a cocky intermission interview with Couture. Go on to melt down. Can't even handle the pressure they put on themselves.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't say Lucic was a problem offensively. I said he's a terrible passer. Always makes blind passes, especially break out passes in our zone.

Yeah he's getting worse and worse with the blind pass turnovers. He looks like he's holding back. Dunno if it's injury or team-mandated laziness :P

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Sutters problem is that he rides Quick to much. Give Enorth more games like other teams give their backups so Quick can rest up for the playoffs.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Pearson-Kopitar-Versteeg/Gaborik
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Brown-VL-Versteeg/Gaborik
King-Dowd-Lewis
Shore,Clifford

Gravel-Doughty
Muzzin-Schenn
Scuderi-Martinez
Mcnabb

Quick
Enroth

My Ideal lineup for the playoffs once everyone is healthy. I have a feeling Gravel would fit better than Mcnabb and Scuderi on Doughtys left side

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
I like the Gravel / Doughty idea actually.. Mcnabb's leash has been super duper extra long this year and last year and he hasn't shown me that he's actually improving. I think what we see is what we get w/ Nabber sad to say. It's been a long time since i've had a kings player that I actually roll my eyes when I see him out there.

Scud's play has leveled off and dare i say it even falling off. I honestly would rather have a kid other than mcnabb learn on doughty's left. hell let's even try forbort there but my first choice is gravel right now...

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I didn't say Lucic was a problem offensively. I said he's a terrible passer. Always makes blind passes, especially break out passes in our zone.

You implied he was worse then Brown. While Lucic isn't the greatest passer in the world, he is miles ahead of where Brown is.

Edit: You guys are hilarious with the Gravel and Forbort stuff. They've had all year and right now they aren't out playing McNabb or Scuderi. They had trouble getting ice time over Ehrhoff. Also was McNabb on the ice for a goal against tonight? Not sure he was the problem out there.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Did anyone see Holden on TV tonight?

I'd go for a screenshot of that Jets player who had Nic Dowd in a headlock and was punching away (but with no penalty called). That could make an interesting avatar.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Jets- 4-1
Leafs 6-5
Olier 6-3

Canada outscored California 16-9

Which was the most impressive loss?

I really have a feeling that all Californian teams try to avoid 1st place in Pacific. I don't see much quality difference between Nashville, Chicago, LA, Anaheim and San Jose, but with Nashville and Chicago you have 4 hours flight and 2 hours time difference between cities, with Ducks and Sharks there is much less or almost no travel.

And long travels in 1st round could be big negative factor in later rounds...

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
You implied he was worse then Brown. While Lucic isn't the greatest passer in the world, he is miles ahead of where Brown is.

Edit: You guys are hilarious with the Gravel and Forbort stuff. They've had all year and right now they aren't out playing McNabb or Scuderi. They had trouble getting ice time over Ehrhoff. Also was McNabb on the ice for a goal against tonight? Not sure he was the problem out there.

Gravel barely had a chance to play and was sent down fast. Forbort had a much better opportunity and couldn't break in. Calling up Gravel wouldn't be a bad idea, it would give some rest to Scuds/Muzzin/Martinez/McNabb. I honestly think he would be better than McNabb/Scuderi right now.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
I'm sure Winnipeg's management wasn't exactly smiling with that win. They went from 29th place to 25th. Those two points could screw them over big time.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Beat four of the best teams in the league with a combined score of 16-6.

Lose to three of the most middling teams in the league promptly after.

Jekyl and Hyde, man.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That game was all about finish. They pump one in early and it's over.

The thing with the Kings is they are almost always going to have more shot attempts than the other team, but it's usually far more drastic against the lesser teams. The problem with this is, if you fail to finish, now you have a goalie that has seen plenty of rubber coming his way and is comfortable. Ask every single goalie in the league and they will tell you how much better they play when they are busy.

So now you have one goalie in the zone and Quick/Enroth standing around at the other end most of the time, and a goal is far more likely to go in as they are disengaged. This happens occasionally to all of the top teams in the league, but more often to the Kings as their strategy is predicated on volume of shots, rather than looking for the highest quality chances.

I doubt anything changes anytime soon, because what the Kings do is extremely effective in the playoffs. The tradeoff is we are left drinking heavily, cursing like scarface, and wanting to constantly throw things at the TV against the weaker teams. But hey, it could be worse.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Yeah he's getting worse and worse with the blind pass turnovers. He looks like he's holding back. Dunno if it's injury or team-mandated laziness :P

Yeah I can't remember the last time he hit anyone with force except for when he hit himself in the Minnesota game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad