WPG More : LAK Less - The ****ing embarassing edition

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Meh these type of games happen. At least this time it's not costing the Kings a playoff spot like last season.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I love Rob Scuderi. He can go an entire interview without saying "bear down". Such an intelligent interviewee. They should forget nearly all the other players and just interview Rob after every game.

Trevor Lewis and Nick Shore...not getting any respect tonight. No sir.

Last edited:

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
No, but a playoff position. Lost two important points towards the division title, but more concerning, its the way they played the last 3 games.

agree. i just hope the players feel the frustration building up after losing in such "irrelevant" games. that's the only positive i can think of, right now.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Looks like the end of just about every other season where we crap the bed for two weeks and look like absolute garbage going into the playoffs.

Just annoying because we're effortlessly dominating opponents and losing because **** us that's why

Just stay healthy I guess, not gonna get an easy draw regardless (unless we win the conference and draw minnesota or colorado but we'd find a way to mess that up anyway i'm sure)

I'd also LIKE to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the travel/schedule/injuries but it's not like we're not in these games

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Explanation is really easy. This team is right back to the 29th worst offense. Kings had 1 line that was dangerous. Lucic/Kopitar/Carter. Most teams can shut down 1 line. Pearson/Dowd/Toffoli wasn't bad, but would be better if there was another line to draw attention off of them. Bottom 6 is a joke. If you play a low tempo game (to limit chances) and only have 1 good line you're not scoring a lot of goals. Kings Defense isn't going to hold opponents to 1 or less goals.

To fix the problem you need to have guys on the ice that are a threat to score for most of the game. Not going to happen with 3 guys out.

You know
Lucic/Kopitar/Carter
Gaborik/VL/Versteeg
Pearson/Dowd/Toffoli
King/Lewis/Brown

Really wouldn't be too bad.

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Honestly, they're probably just trying to play it safe and not get injured anymore. I don't blame them considering we have like 3 starters out right now. They win when it matters is all I can care about.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings vs. Oilers on Saturday

The superstition o meter is already tingling

can we make it 4L in a row? This might be the worst post-clinch ever :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Our shooting % + save % for the 3 in 4 was 92% :laugh:

That's remarkably baaaaaaad finishing on our part and lack of clutch goaltending too.

Have to think that's going right back up and soon.

But we brought it on ourselves

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Time to get Lucic away from Kopitar. He's been awful lately. Kings cycle for 30 seconds, give it to Lucic, and he makes a blind pass to no one. Amazing Kopitar is still scoring lately with that anchor attached to his leg.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Only 22 d-men have played more than 24 minutes a game.

Only 9 of those d-men are plus players.

#4 Is Duncan Keith, at +10
#3 is T.J. Brodie at +11 (that's phenomenal considering the Flames)
#2 is Matt Niskanen at +13
#1 is Drew Doughty at +22

/systemed

Sydor25

LA Kings
Kings are just not a team that can win without intensity. They play hard against the top teams and coast against the bottom teams.

Hope quick gets some games off to watch from the bench. And sutter is testing all sorts of line combinations.

Hope these efforts aren't hurting doughty's Norris votes.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Time to get Lucic away from Kopitar. He's been awful lately. Kings cycle for 30 seconds, give it to Lucic, and he makes a blind pass to no one. Amazing Kopitar is still scoring lately with that anchor attached to his leg.

Who are you putting on Kopitar's wing? Lucic is there because he's the best option.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Who are you putting on Kopitar's wing? Lucic is there because he's the best option.

King can do it for a short period until Lucic finds his game again. He's dreadful right now. How many times does he receive the puck in the neutral zone and passes it behind Kopitar or Carter forcing them to circle back and start the rush all over again? How many times does he kill the cycle with a turnovers? He needs to find his game again asap.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Best possession team in the league by several percent.

third worst penalty differential in the league at -26.

Kings 55.8%, -26
NJ 46.6%, -32
Boston 48.5%, -53

One of these things is not like the other

Dallas is right behind us in CF% and they're plust5

Teams at the top? Surprise, soft ass minny at +53 gifts, diving ass San Jose at +28.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I guess the Ducks and Sharks decided to outshine the Kings tonight by getting smacked around by Toronto and Edmonton. The Coyotes also held the Stars to one goal in their victory. It's as if nobody wants the 1st place finish in the Pacific.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I guess the Ducks and Sharks decided to outshine the Kings tonight by getting smacked around by Toronto and Edmonton. The Coyotes also held the Stars to one goal in their victory. It's as if nobody wants the 1st place finish in the Pacific.

Seriously. What a weird night. Which teams are making a push for the playoffs and which teams are tanking for Matthews?

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Lucic is easily the worst passer on the team. Saying a lot with Brown out there.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Do they have offensive zone penalty stats? Seems like the Kings take more of those than most teams, which would corollate with the high possession stats.

It's for sure somewhat self inflicted, just more baffled how they cant DRAW calls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad