Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Laurent Brossoit signs with the Jets (1 year, $650K)

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Ahh the key piece of the Smid trade. Nothing to show for it now.

Always liked LB. Hope he does well.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Personally I hope he does well for the Jets; The Oilers fan in me hopes he's your NHL starter

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
He played behind an atrocious, confidence-robbing, physically weak defense last year. He has upside, hopefully he follows Dubnyk’s path and has himself a career resurgence.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
yeah. he was bad in Edmonton. Never felt confident with him in net.

Hope he can take the steps he needs to and can be better in WPG for you guys.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
2 years ago I thought he'd be a solid backup, now it seems he's AHL bound.
Always liked LB, too bad he couldn't take it up a notch. Good luck!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He played behind an atrocious, confidence-robbing, physically weak defense last year. He has upside, hopefully he follows Dubnyk’s path and has himself a career resurgence.

He has no upside. Even years ago he gave out rebounds like candy. At least Dubynk was once a solid starter for the Oil. LB has been a terrible backup from day one. Did not want him back last off-season and thankfully he’s gone now.

Reactions: Beerfish

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
I expect the Jets will go to training camp with him penciled in as the backup, then claim one of the guys put on waivers for opening day.

Like, he's really the 3rd goalie that bounces between AHL and NHL for injury cover. The good thing is, his salary reflects that at least.

Reactions: saxonmiller

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wouldn't mind seeing this kid turn it around. Boy does he get rattled though as soon as anything goes wrong. Needs to take some big steps with his mental strength. He always had the physical tools to get somewhere if he could put it all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad