Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Laurent Brossoit signs with the Jets (1 year, $650K)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I read Brossoit is a friend of Helle's & recently started working out with him @ Francilla's camp. It's biomechanics & energy control that affects motions used.
Hopefully it turns him around.

Those are probably two of Brossoit's only strengths, so I'm not sure I'd expect a turnaround.

He's very much a blocking type goalie, so he's usually in position and pretty quiet in his movement. The problem is he seems to struggle mightily at tracking the puck, so he gives up a bunch of rebounds and goals up high while already playing a style that's weak in those areas.

His main weakness that's going to keep him out of the league, IMO, is between his ears though. If he let's in a goal(good, bad, doesn't matter), you might as well pull him. He's going to get rattled and let in a couple of weak ones before finally settling in and playing a pretty solid end to the game.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
You don’t need mentoring when you just finished #2 in vezina voting

Goalies are voodoo my friend, one minute they are the best in the world the next they are hot trash(and vice versa), you can nearly look at any Vezina candidate in the league(minus Lundqvist, probably misspelled his name but I’m to lazy to double check it), look at Price today, Fluery today(people thought he was a backup last year and mid playoffs he was the best goalie of all-time, a HOF’er, etc).

That goalie envisioning to be the same or better for next season isn’t always gonna be the case(not saying it’s unlikely for him to have another Vezina type year but goalies are voodoo and until the season is done every individual season we don’t know how good or bad they are). Anyways who knows if it would hurt or help with a Vet around, but let’s not act as if he is gonna be completely fine regardless.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Realistically I think Cheveldayoff with either pick a guy off waivers or it's fifty-fifty between Comrie and Brossoit as back-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad