Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jacob Trouba signs (2 years, $3M AAV)

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yes. And for a truly hilarious take on it, its just slightly more than Mark Stuart.

gross-face.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Jets have a lot more youth they will have to extend over the next few years.. no chance they keep Trouba around to potentially extend him at atleast 7++ mill per year in less than 2 years

A trade will happen

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Chevy played it exactly right. This contract opens up pretty much every team as a potential trade partner, because the Jets can easily take back a bit of salary if necessary.

In the meantime, the Jets get back a highly motivated top-end defenseman, which is just what they need in the short term.

Home run for Chevy.

Exactly. Plus there is zero restrictions on the contract reported, so he can be traded to anyone.

A whole lot of crow being eaten by a few posters talking a lot of crap how Chevy totally screwed up.

Enjoy!!!! :laugh::laugh:

They are dead silent now.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I still hope we keep him, maybe change his mind about leaving. I'd be willing to make him top RHD after a few games as a sign of good faith.

And please, don't boo him when he comes back. That just makes things so much worse.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
So Trouba wants out, but signs for half what he should be making? There must be something else going on here or he just flat out lost the situation...

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
both Trouba and Lindholm make me shake my head.
why even holdout if you can't stand your ground. makes you seem weak.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Chevy played it exactly right. This contract opens up pretty much every team as a potential trade partner, because the Jets can easily take back a bit of salary if necessary.

In the meantime, the Jets get back a highly motivated top-end defenseman, which is just what they need in the short term.

Home run for Chevy.

**ding ding ding**

Was hoping to see more retained value via the long-term deal that was rumoured earlier. However, as you stated, this opens the floor to many suitors and to moving away from offers like those proposed by NYR and Boston fans. Now watch Chevy eventually pull-off a deal with a cap-strapped team from left field that no one expects in return for something special that replaces his value on the roster.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Exactly! This was all about amping up Trouba's trade value. Just about every team in the league is in play for a trade now. Who wouldn't want a young player of Trouba's caliber at $3M, and still 4 years of team control?

Can we get the wave going on a forum?

:laugh::laugh:

Home run!

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Lol get owned Trouba. This sends a message to future RFAs who might have been thinking to do the same thing

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Trouba had to sign, no way he was going to miss the entire year of development/pay check. RFA will always cave.

Now that he's done right by the team and signed a deal, WPG should return the favor by moving him when they find the right deal.

They were always gonna move him when they found the right deal. This changes nothing. Every team in the league had the ability to already talk with him.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
My guess is they talked and the reason he resigned was they guaranteed to trade him.
He took lesser money just to get out of there.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Here that? That's the sound of every team in the NHL trying to kick down Winnipeg's door to get to Trouba.

Correct sir!

Come get your Trouba, just bring a blank cheque when you come. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad