Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jacob Trouba signs (2 years, $3M AAV)

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
All this for a 3 million AAV deal for two years. Trouba played his cards terribly, Chevy wins this one.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Hope he gets booed. Very tradable contract. Would be interested to see the salary breakdown. I bet this years' salary is very low so he doesn't miss out on a lot of money by holding out.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I wonder if Chevy promised Trouba that he would move him if Trouba signed a good deal that would increase his trade value around the league?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Everyone wins.

Winnipeg gets him back short term for cheap
Value goes up because of contact.
Gets traded before next season starts.

Trouba wins because:
He finally gets to play hockey.
He gets traded to an American team finally.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Good bridge contract.

Trouba's camp had no leverage. Not it gives the Jets time to move him on their time and they can hold off until they get a return that works for them.

Or...perhaps Mr. Trouba just play with the Jets and be a part of their build.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Fingers crossed for a sign and trade. Thats a great contract for the next two years, lots of value to whoever picks him up.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
guess he caved. Interesting to see how long it takes him to get traded if at all.

fair bridge contract though

Not necessarily caving. His agent did the same with Turris and he was moved a couple of months later.

He might have been giving a promise that you sign this deal and we will move you by X date.

He gets to a new city and in 2 years can resign to a long term deal that will eat up FA years especially on a long term deal.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We know who the winner is but who's the biggest loser?

Is it 'trade me so I can play where I want' Trouba?

Is it the sub-0.500 Jets team who missed their defenseman in a time of need.

Or is it Mr. Show-me-the-money, Kurt Overhardt?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Really great work by Chevy overall on this one. Sends a message to future RFA's, gets the player under contract, and can deal the problem child on his own timeframe with increased value due to being on a friendly deal.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Omg. . He must hate Winnipeg so much that he got robed on dollars to make him easier to trade. No way he agrees to that contract unless he has been told he will get traded. Makes sense for the peg. They can ask for more back on that contract. May work out for everyone but Troubas bank account.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
LMAO @Guerzy

I still think he gets traded but if he plays the rest of the year as a "showcase" year this could be great for the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad