Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Pierre-Luc Dubois accepts qualifying offer from the Jets (1 year, $6M)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Right back at ya, mate
Ha ha. You make an irrelevant to the thread comment and I called you on it "mate".

As for the actual discussion, it seems like the Habs changed gears at the draft and got Dach instead of DuBois. It would have been a huge event at the draft but it did not happen.

It makes sense for the Habs to wait it our now and see how things develop rather than force a trade (and maybe overpay). Likely they will be bad again in 2022 - 23 and in line for a lottery pick.

The Jets are not tanking (yet). They will try and be competitive and maybe DuBois decides to sign an longer contract. If not, the Jets may be a totally different team next season (2023-24) as they have to deal with DuBois, Scheifele and Hellebucyk entering their final year before being UFA.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ha ha. You make an irrelevant to the thread comment and I called you on it "mate".

As for the actual discussion, it seems like the Habs changed gears at the draft and got Dach instead of DuBois. It would have been a huge event at the draft but it did not happen.

It makes sense for the Habs to wait it our now and see how things develop rather than force a trade (and maybe overpay). Likely they will be bad again in 2022 - 23 and in line for a lottery pick.

The Jets are not tanking (yet). They will try and be competitive and maybe DuBois decides to sign an longer contract. If not, the Jets may be a totally different team next season (2023-24) as they have to deal with DuBois, Scheifele and Hellebucyk entering their final year before being UFA.

The Athletic confirmed that the Canadiens were still trying to acquire Dubois after getting Dach. They want both.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Habs fans are in the right when they state that Hughes should wait it out.

A lot can change in 2 years. Dach could establish himself as a top 6 C or they may get a can’t miss C in the 2023 draft.

Waiting out the PLD situation is the only move that makes sense.
I just don’t understand why Jets fans are so insistent that the Habs trade significantl value for PLD now. That is just idiotic!!
I agree with you. Its going to take Mtl at least 4 or 5 years to climb out that hole they dug for themselves. My God, they were the worst team in the NHL last year beating out perennial contenders such as Arizona, Buffalo, and Ottawa, and then you had the new Seattle team in the mix. That takes talent... or should I say a strong case for a lack of talent.
No sense paying PLD $8-9M for the next couple of years when he isn't going to make a whit of difference to the Hab's fortunes. Bad enough for Mtl to have to pay him that kind of money for the first couple of years after he becomes a UFA.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022

The comment that I made was relevant to the comment I responded to. Just as yours was to mine. However, neither of our comments were relevant to the actual discussion itself. I am sorry you are unable to grasp that, mate.

As for the rest of your post, you sure added a lot to the discussion with that!
By the way, his name is Dubois, not DuBois.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I agree with you. Its going to take Mtl at least 4 or 5 years to climb out that hole they dug for themselves. My God, they were the worst team in the NHL last year beating out perennial contenders such as Arizona, Buffalo, and Ottawa, and then you had the new Seattle team in the mix. That takes talent... or should I say a strong case for a lack of talent.
No sense paying PLD $8-9M for the next couple of years when he isn't going to make a whit of difference to the Hab's fortunes. Bad enough for Mtl to have to pay him that kind of money for the first couple of years after he becomes a UFA.
Ya it's a good thing that losing your #1,goalie,#2 goalie,#1 D-man all while having the most games lost ever in a season had nothing to do with it.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
RFA means nothing if your Balls are big enough... Good for WPG to get the contract done, since PLD happens to own Balls the size of ice-cream truck.

I don't think I've ever heard or read "balls the size of ice cream truck" before. Impressive.

Thanks a lot, guys. Now I'll never eat ice cream from a truck again.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Ya it's a good thing that losing your #1,goalie,#2 goalie,#1 D-man all while having the most games lost ever in a season had nothing to do with it.

Where did the poster state it had nothing to with it? How does PLD help with your goalie and #1 D issues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad