Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Pierre-Luc Dubois accepts qualifying offer from the Jets (1 year, $6M)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Who the hell cares? Huberdeau said he would be interested in playing for his hometown team Montreal. He was full of shit too.

There's a colossal difference between the smoke around Huberdeau and the smoke around Dubois. You can't be that unobservant.

Besides, players can have interest in more than one team. It doesn't make them full of shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I don’t think Guadreau or Tkachuk publicly said anything about where they wanted to play that was all media skepticism
Their agents leaked it to the press so it was public knowledge. They were just a little smarter about it.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
To add to the list of FUNNY aspects of this dilemma it is interesting that the Hab fans are crowing about being in such a great spot while tanking for a 21% chance at a #1 draft pick. Yeah, what a great spot to be in. I really hope that they sign PLD to a long term contract and find out what drama is all about. Can’t wait for him not to be a JET. Que the hostile responses……
Hab’s fans know all too well about drama we had Michel Therrien as coach

Reactions: larmex99

han316

Feb 6, 2013
do you seriously think he would go live on tv after signing hes contract with Winnipeg to say he was there hoping to get traded to Montreal :facepalm: yes he lives 10min from the bell center but im 10000% sure he was there thinking that trade was happening "i was there because i love hockey and live 10min away" nice to see some people fell for it lol
like I said, it's up to you on what you want to believe.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
because he wants to come and play for hes childhood team? speak for urself because most of us take him anyday

tired of hearing this,yes he quit on Columbus he wanted out Torts is a b*** i dont blame him i dont even know how that guy keeps finding a job but the NHL likes the recycle coaches has for Winnipeg he did nothing wrong they took the chance on trading for him knowing hes dream was to play for the habs or a big market THEY messed up all he did was tell them 2 years in advance hes not signing long term which he has every right to do

...you actually believe this or are you wise enough to see that it's a strategy to use Montreal as a ploy to raise his asking price when he hits UFA, as many others before him have done...hockey's version of a False Flag operation...in two years time, when he gets his Prime bucks from another team long-term after stringing Habs fans along, lemme know how you feel then...

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
...you actually believe this or are you wise enough to see that it's a strategy to use Montreal as a ploy to raise his asking price when he hits UFA, as many others before him have done...hockey's version of a False Flag operation...in two years time, when he gets his Prime bucks from another team long-term after stringing Habs fans along, lemme know how you feel then...
Yes let me use Montreal has leverage to raise my price 2 years away from UFA :facepalm: and yes im 100% sure Dubois actually wants to come here i know we're not used to it but for once we have a local guy that wants to come here

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yes let me use Montreal has leverage to raise my price 2 years away from UFA :facepalm: and yes im 100% sure Dubois actually wants to come here i know we're not used to it but for once we have a local guy that wants to come here

...you are aware that other Quebecois players have used this tactic to bump up offers from other teams, right??...just like Ontarian players have used the Leafs to do the same...it's an old ploy...fall for it if you want to, I'm not buying it until it happens...

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
...you are aware that other Quebecois players have used this tactic to bump up offers from other teams, right??...just like Ontarian players have used the Leafs to do the same...it's an old ploy...fall for it if you want to, I'm not buying it until it happens...
yes im well aware tons of people have done this in the past and will do it in the future but this doesnt happen years away from UFA if anything what him and hes agent are doing is hurting hes stock not the opposite and yes Brisson's comment were calculated the best agent in the game is not gonna on air saying stuff like that to "raise hes price" hes actually doing the opposite and thats exactly why Jets fans are mad they dont mind him wanting out its the way he did it that pissed them off

Reactions: Flair Hay

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just like Mathew Tkachuk took a discount to play in St Louis and Jonny Gaudreau took a discount to play in Philadelphia?
Or like Tavares did to play in Toronto.

It was publicly know where Tkachuk and Gauddreau wanted to play, they never ended up there money changes everything. It's work out the same for PLD, they Habs will either pay him or he won't play there.
It was not publicly said by their Agents or the player where they wanted to play.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
24 years old. Never scored more than 61 points in a season. Ready to move on to his
3rd NHL club. Keeps leaving a bad taste in the mouths of clubs when he leaves.
Am I missing something?

It seems with the reasons you listed combined with he wants to play for the Habs would lead many to believe his value has dropped. Some are refusing to open their eyes and believe that.

Nov 24, 2006
do you seriously think he would go live on tv after signing hes contract with Winnipeg to say he was there hoping to get traded to Montreal :facepalm: yes he lives 10min from the bell center but im 10000% sure he was there thinking that trade was happening "i was there because i love hockey and live 10min away" nice to see some people fell for it lol
Just so we're all clear - when a player publicly says something they are lying. That's what you're going on here?

Reactions: murrough

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Thing is that Montreal will most likely get an 18 year old C better than PLD & Suzuki in the 2023 draft.
Uncle Gary made sure Montreal won the lottery in 2022 so nothing looks fishy when they get bumped down 2 spots from wherever they finish in 2023.

After McDavid to Edmonton and Matthews to Toronto he’ll see to it that the next big superstar lands in one of his prized American markets.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Uncle Gary made sure Montreal won the lottery in 2022 so nothing looks fishy when they get bumped down 2 spots from wherever they finish in 2023.

After McDavid to Edmonton and Matthews to Toronto he’ll see to it that the next big superstar lands in one of his prized American markets.
Chicago sounds like a great spot.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

Even if we dont land Bedard theres still plenty ot elite talent

Michkov
Fantilli
Yager
Ritchie
Carlsson
Benson

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How many Leaf fans are loving that contract? Tavares got his and then some.

Why do you think it makes a difference if the agent says it or simply leaks it to the media?
If you don't see the difference then your out on some island.

How many Leaf fans are loving that contract? Tavares got his and then some.

Why do you think it makes a difference if the agent says it or simply leaks it to the media?
It is a match made in heaven. A serial quitter going to a team dedicated to tanking. Perfect match.
This coming from a Jets fan.:laugh:

Reactions: MarioLeMoose

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

Nope I don't see a difference between player who wants to play in a specific location and a player who wants to play in a specific location. They are the same thing, no matter how many times you say "it's different because reasons" it's not. Those players made it publicly know they wanted to play in their home cities and still ended up elsewhere because the money wasn't there. The same will happen with PLD if the habs don't pay him the big money. It's how the hockey business works.

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad