Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Pierre-Luc Dubois accepts qualifying offer from the Jets (1 year, $6M)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
7C0E0B1E-02F5-418B-9766-75D8611E748B.jpeg

Reactions: hn777

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
He won't finish the season in WPG. It's pretty much a given now unless there is some surprise extension signed during the season but that's quite doubtful

I would be very surprised if he's moved during the season. Maybe if the Jets are out of playoff contention he gets moved at the deadline, but I think next offseason or even the trade deadline in 2024 is more likely. The Jets can get value from his play this season and if the Connor - Dubois - Perfetti line plays as well as it did last year Dubois could put himself in position for a massive deal when he eventually goes to free agency.

So now if he isn't moved this season he can force the situation Tkachuk is in right now after this one year deal is over.
He's got 2 years before he hits UFA status.

Reactions: hn777 and pictman

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Hopefully he holds up his end of this contract and doesn't pull another Columbus.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Side note, but I think today was the last day the QO was valid. If he didn't sign it he'd have had to sign whatever deal the Jets were offering or he couldn't play in the NHL this year. IOW the Jets could have said here is a 4 year deal, you can either sign it or take the season off. I guess an offer sheet would also be a possibility, but then the Jets could match.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Something this actually does is make it so the Jets can't try the two year then retain 50% for the double rental like some proposed.

He prbly gets traded to Montreal next year after Jets are eliminated and by the draft would be my guess.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would be very surprised if he's moved during the season. Maybe if the Jets are out of playoff contention he gets moved at the deadline, but I think next offseason or even the trade deadline in 2024 is more likely. The Jets can get value from his play this season and if the Connor - Dubois - Perfetti line plays as well as it did last year Dubois could put himself in position for a massive deal when he eventually goes to free agency.

He's got 2 years before he hits UFA status.

Yeah that locker room is in real model shape.

How toxic do they want the locker room to be?

All Scheifele, Wheeler& PLD coming back with everyone knowing PLD is counting minutes to join the Habs and Jets have tried to get rid of Wheelers contract

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Side note, but I think today was the last day the QO was valid. If he didn't sign it he'd have had to sign whatever deal the Jets were offering or he couldn't play in the NHL this year. IOW the Jets could have said here is a 4 year deal, you can either sign it or take the season off. I guess an offer sheet would also be a possibility, but then the Jets could match.
But who wants a guy who doesn't want to be there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad