Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Gabe Vilardi re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $3.4375M AAV)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We've had plenty of players re-sign. Buff is the worst example you could have given. I still see him around Winnipeg.
You are conflating 2 different things here the players leaving and Big buff leaving the team were entirely different but the impact on the club was a huge negative.

I also think that some are over reacting to my comments, I'm a fan of the Jets and want them to do well and thought that they could become legit SC contenders then things sort of fell apart.

I have never had a strong feeling in the last decade about the Canucks becoming a true SC contender they are always doing the wrong things on their timeline.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Jets should have overpaid and got as many years as they could out of him. Hard enough to get players here, take the gamble on his health and over pay. It fails it fails.

Reactions: YP44

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Jets should have overpaid and got as many years as they could out of him. Hard enough to get players here, take the gamble on his health and over pay. It fails it fails.
Can't argue with this logic.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Players' agents are telling them the cap is going up in a couple of years and they can get a bigger piece of the pie, especially if they have a couple of good years.
I'm happy to see how he plays and maybe extend him next off-season if his play warrants it.
I'd like to see him play with Connor and maybe Iafallo or Neiderieter. I think Bones plays him with Ehlers and Connor.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Can one of you habs guys just apologize to Guffman on behalf of the base?

I think you really hurt him.

That way he can stop trolling you guys everyday and go back to the Peg board.

• Haha
Reactions: Heldig

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Can one of you habs guys just apologize to Guffman on behalf of the base?

I think you really hurt him.

That way he can stop trolling you guys everyday and go back to the Peg board.
Habs fans still deserve a considerable amount of trolling after the 18 months they put Jets fans through

"He's signing here next season anyway, so.youll accept the shit on our shoe"

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs fans still deserve a considerable amount of trolling after the 18 months they put Jets fans through

"He's signing here next season anyway, so.youll accept the shit on our shoe"

Why, they were right. He didn't return from Montreal what you were suggesting. They didn't offer more than shit on their shoe. Apparently Vilardi is better than Dubois so have fun with that.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
This is a safe contract. Jets aren’t risking a major financial commitment and Vilardi isn’t committing much of his prime.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Why, they were right. He didn't return from Montreal what you were suggesting. They didn't offer more than shit on their shoe. Apparently Vilardi is better than Dubois so have fun with that.
Saying "this is what I'd offer for him" is one thing. Jets fans politely declined (at first), then countered with proposals that reflected the value that he actually returned (only to be told that virtually every asset the Habs have is "untouchable")

It's another to argue until you're blue in the face that there exists a legit rationale why Jets fans turning down your shit offer are wrong... to the tune of hundreds of posts

Guff - Laptop
Buff- on his phone
Yup. Fat thumbs

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Vilardi is a great young player with a lot of fire. He doesn't quite have the foot speed or stamina to be an effective center in the NHL. But he's a strong possession winger with a big body and a nose for the net. He's also one of the best stickhandlers I've ever seen. Kid can stickhandle in a phone booth.

He has 30+ goal potential as a right wing in the top six with PP time. He was unquestionably LA's best player for the first month of the season this past year.

The question with Vilardi will always be health. He will likely always be a player who misses 20ish games a season with some kind of nagging injury or two. If his major back injuries crop up again, he may be out of the league before he turns 30.

Supremely talented, though, and if healthy, the Jets got a real gem.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
The amount of Vilardi hype in here is wild. Fair value tho and a good player. 20-20 guy IMO tho.
Have you watched him play? He's hyped because he's extremely talented and an absolute hoot to watch when he's on.

He's already outpaced your 20-20 as well. His upside is much higher.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad