Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Gabe Vilardi re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $3.4375M AAV)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I like Gabe alot and wrongly had him as the guy I wanted my Canucks to take and think that he might explode in Winnipeg or be meh just like the team that could be really good or all fall apart must be really hard to be a Jets fan recently.
Jets are better than last year and a good team and make the playoffs with regularity unlike Vancouver. Feel bad for fans of a decade bad team like Vancouver

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Yup, it’s a big misconception around here but players who plays for the Flames and Oilers pay less taxes than the teams from California and New York states.
To take this a step further, until 2015, Alberta teams were the lowest taxed in the league period

Reactions: LMFAO

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
And what is that unrest?
Players wanting out or not wanting to resign all the way back to Trouba and then the Big Buff thing.

I like the Jets, and thought that they had a SC window, they just have a reputation now deserved or not of not being a destination that guys are falling over themselves to stay in.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
If he stays healthy and be a little more consistent, y'all got yourself a great player! Dude has got a wicked wrister and some really sick hands in front of the net. Protect him at all costs!
He almost went top 5 before the injury concerns came out. Solid player, I hope he can stay healthy.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I like Gabe alot and wrongly had him as the guy I wanted my Canucks to take and think that he might explode in Winnipeg or be meh just like the team that could be really good or all fall apart must be really hard to be a Jets fan recently.
Van has made the playoffs 4 times since the Jets have come into the league.
The Jets have made them 6 times.
Not that hard to be a Jets fan compared to a Nucks fan to be honest...

Good 40 point guy.
55-60 points next year if he plays 70 or more games.

I am guessing he plays in our top 6 next season.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Players wanting out or not wanting to resign all the way back to Trouba and then the Big Buff thing.

I like the Jets, and thought that they had a SC window, they just have a reputation now deserved or not of not being a destination that guys are falling over themselves to stay in.
We've had plenty of players re-sign. Buff is the worst example you could have given. I still see him around Winnipeg.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
I'm sure that it means nothing at all
nothing at all
nothing at all

That's the worst 2 examples you could have found. Buff quit HOCKEY . He turned down every other team that tried to sign him after he was released. Trouba had 30 other teams on his no trade list. It was New York only.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I remember thinking it would have been a interesting gamble for the Flyers to trade down to 5 or 6 in the 2017 draft and take Vilardi as their center of the future, instead of Patrick. And then he ended up going 11th and having a lot of injury issues his first two years, and I thought well that would have been a dumb move. But now Vilardi's looking good and NP is out of the league.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Lol this is the issue with having a team in Winnipeg, no one wants to live there, they wouldn't have this problem in Houston or Kansas just saying.
We didn't have this problem when we were winning. Now we are mid again and we do.

Winning solves everything for the right kind of players.

We got close once, we can do it again. Won't be easy, but most of the things worth doing in life aren't

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
That's the worst 2 examples you could have found. Buff quit HOCKEY . He turned down every other team that tried to sign him after he was released. Trouba had 30 other teams on his no trade list. It was New York only.
Definitely.

We didn't just lose Buff when he left. He left two months after free agency so we had already let go of Tanev, Chiarot and Myers.

Will always remember Buff fondly now but his departure and the timing around it crippled us.

Ibanezrokr

Mar 22, 2018
Longer term Probably would've been better for wpg
Possibly. But I'm okay with a prove it contract and paying him well if it all pans out. There is potential that our off seasons changes really improve things, make this a really competitive team, and some of these dudes will re-sign. That's always the hope at least, but I like our changes so far and am cautiously optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad