Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Gabe Vilardi re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $3.4375M AAV)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
After Dubois, Hellebuyck and Scheifele all leave (which will happen soon IMO), they will have PLENTY of cap space for guys like Vilardi.

IMO they should have tried to ink him longer even at a higher cap hit (5+*8y?)... Worst case you LTIR him, his salary is insured and it's not like they will need to be at the ceiling anyways.

But my guess is it was never on the table because Vilardi was not willing to commit long term anyways. In 2 years he will be able to pull a Dubois if he, like the others, doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg... Especially with the cap going up, he could hit the bank hard.

Smart move by Vilardi.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Vilardi is going to slow walk himself to UFA just like Trouba and PLD.
Could be. But in the mean time the Jets have a really good player. And if they need to then they can trade him for a really good return when that time comes. I’m actually surprised they got this player in the PLD trade and then extended him for such a good deal. Very good job by Chevy.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Vilardi is going to slow walk himself to UFA just like Trouba and PLD
Valardi had a injury plagued 3 years he had to sign a bridge. Nothing to do with wanting to walk into free agency. Good riddance to them 2 they might be the worst 2 contracts signed after forcing a trade. 8 and 8.5 for a middle pairing dman and a 2c.
Let me add both 8 year contracts

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I like Gabe alot and wrongly had him as the guy I wanted my Canucks to take and think that he might explode in Winnipeg or be meh just like the team that could be really good or all fall apart must be really hard to be a Jets fan recently.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
After Dubois, Hellebuyck and Scheifele all leave (which will happen soon IMO), they will have PLENTY of cap space for guys like Vilardi.

IMO they should have tried to ink him longer even at a higher cap hit (5+*8y?)... Worst case you LTIR him, his salary is insured and it's not like they will need to be at the ceiling anyways.

But my guess is it was never on the table because Vilardi was not willing to commit long term anyways. In 2 years he will be able to pull a Dubois if he, like the others, doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg... Especially with the cap going up, he could hit the bank hard.

Smart move by Vilardi.
Oh look I found the salty Habs fan.
I'm sorry Dubois played your fan base like a violin. That isn't the Jets organizations fault. Let us all be good friends. I raise a poutine in your honour.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Vilardi is going to slow walk himself to UFA just like Trouba and PLD.
Then we Winnipeg will say thank you for your 3 years of service and trade him with 1 year left for 3 useful young players and a decent draft pick as they did with Copp and PLD.

As a Jet fan and season ticket holder I’m looking forward to seeing V develop and become a better player with bigger role he will be asked to play in Winnipeg.

Maybe this Canadian boy will like it here and sign long term like Morrissey /Schiefele/ Wheeler /Bufflien and / Ehlers and Connor did….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad